Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2619717

Subject: "give us Free!! Falcons agree on five-year contract extension" Previous topic | Next topic
Ray_Snill
Charter member
16833 posts
Wed Aug-09-17 12:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"give us Free!! Falcons agree on five-year contract extension"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827390/article/devonta-freeman-falcons-agree-on-fiveyear-contract-extension

The Atlanta Falcons and two-time Pro Bowl running back Devonta Freeman have agreed to a five-year contract extension that makes him the NFL's highest-paid running back, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network's Michael Silver. The extension pays out $41.25 million.

The Falcons confirmed the five-year extension on Wednesday morning.

The former Florida State standout will take home an annual average of $8.25 million over the life of the deal. That's more than any other running back, pending Le'Veon Bell's anticipated acceptance of a one-year, $12.1 million offer from the Pittsburgh Steelers. (The Steelers used their franchise tag on Bell, but he has thus far declined to sign and remains away from training camp.)

The extension includes $17.3 million fully guaranteed and $22 million in guarantees, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Freeman also receives a $15 million signing bonus, per Rapoport.

"We are very pleased that we were able to get this extension done," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement. "Devonta embodies everything we are looking for in a Falcon, and we are proud that he'll be able to spend his career here in Atlanta."

A fourth-round draft pick in 2014, Freeman has scored 27 touchdowns over the past two seasons and had vastly outperformed his rookie deal, which was due to pay him $1.8 million in 2017. The new contract will be tacked onto the final year of Freeman's rookie deal and runs through the 2022 season.

"Everybody's happy," said Freeman's agent, Kristin Campbell. "I'm so excited for him. He's excited to be a Falcon for life. He loves the city. The organization's been great throughout the process. To have him be the highest-paid back after only three years is a testament to his achievement. Everyone's thrilled."

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Very well deserved...
Aug 09th 2017
me too
Aug 09th 2017
A+ title
Aug 09th 2017
Very Good News
Aug 10th 2017

bnicedh
Charter member
4667 posts
Wed Aug-09-17 12:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Very well deserved..."
In response to Reply # 0

I still think of the Hard Knocks episode when he barely fit into the tub in the place he was renting now look at him! Congrats!

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16833 posts
Wed Aug-09-17 01:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "me too"
In response to Reply # 1

>I still think of the Hard Knocks episode when he barely fit
>into the tub in the place he was renting now look at him!
>Congrats!

my dude has some ridiculous numbers and he splits carries.

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Wed Aug-09-17 08:21 PM

3. "A+ title"
In response to Reply # 0

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Aug-10-17 08:44 AM

4. "Very Good News"
In response to Reply # 0

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2619717 Previous topic | Next topic