Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2619538

Subject: "Siri, is this bitchmade?" Previous topic | Next topic
Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 10:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Siri, is this bitchmade?"

https://sports.yahoo.com/reds-prospects-record-setting-hit-streak-ends-controversial-walk-223216821.html

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
lol those announcers were livid.
Aug 07th 2017
Koufax is rolling in his grave
Aug 07th 2017
The at-bat...
Aug 08th 2017
pitcher acting like a petulant child?
Aug 08th 2017

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 10:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "lol those announcers were livid."
In response to Reply # 0

that pitcher disgraced everyone from orel hershiser to the dudes that smuggled in Puig.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 10:52 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Koufax is rolling in his grave"
In response to Reply # 1

>that pitcher disgraced everyone from orel hershiser to the
>dudes that smuggled in Puig.

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Tue Aug-08-17 06:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "The at-bat..."
In response to Reply # 0

The at-bat, aside from the first two pitches was decent. Siri had a couple of decent pitches and the final pitch seemed to be a strategic decision to pitch around him. There's enough evidence to claim that the Dodgers were straight up.

But there's also evidence that the Dodgers were trying to either stick it to the Dragons. It seemed that there was some kind of context tho. The announcer mentioned something about an ejection. I don't know which team had their player ejected. But if it were a Dodgers player, it makes sense that the Dodgers wanted to get back at the Dragons by playing it cheeky with the Dragons. I would say that the Dodgers were bush league.

However, unless the Dodgers made a concerted effort to pitch around Siri the entire game, I can't really come down too hard on the Dodgers. As much as I would have liked to see a completely decent at bat, the game isn't meant to give Siri four fastballs to see if he can get the ball in the field. The game was relatively close and Siri did have three other times to get a hit and failed.

will_5198
Charter member
63110 posts
Tue Aug-08-17 06:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "pitcher acting like a petulant child?"
In response to Reply # 0

seems like he's ready to join his comrades in the big leagues

--------

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2619538 Previous topic | Next topic