Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2619534

Subject: "R.I.P. Don Baylor...passed away at age 68" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 09:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"R.I.P. Don Baylor...passed away at age 68"

#fuckyou,cancer

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/07/don-baylor-dead-ex-baseball-star-dead-at-68.html

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RIP guy, great guy and man could he rip the fucking baseball
Aug 07th 2017
Rest in peace.
Aug 07th 2017
WTF???? Darren Daulton passed, too...age 55
Aug 07th 2017
I was about to post that. Rest in peace to him.
Aug 07th 2017
He's been sick for a while
Aug 07th 2017
The Real Tony Starks.
Aug 07th 2017
an OG from the California Angels days....
Aug 07th 2017

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RIP guy, great guy and man could he rip the fucking baseball"
In response to Reply # 0

The story of his line drive than grazed the third baseman's glove and went over the wall is epic. His peak was pretty savage, obviously 79 and some big seasons in the 80s. He was really well-respected by everyone I know who covered him Denver and Anaheim.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 05:42 PM

2. "Rest in peace."
In response to Reply # 0

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 05:52 PM

3. "WTF???? Darren Daulton passed, too...age 55"
In response to Reply # 0

brain cancer...smh
https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/894387535350292480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2726030-former-philadelphia-phillies-all-star-darren-daulton-dies-at-age-55

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 06:18 PM

4. "I was about to post that. Rest in peace to him."
In response to Reply # 3

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 09:42 PM

6. "He's been sick for a while"
In response to Reply # 3

So proud to have had him and Chooch behind the plate for the Phils (Mike Leiberthal to an extent also). Great team players, true leaders, guys who picked up the rest of the team. Dutch was a stud as a player despite a lot of obstacles and the ladies LOVED his ass. I was thrilled to see him contribute to Florida's run in '97 and get himself a ring after some really tough years where his knees were killing him. He paid a lot of dues to be an everyday player and he didn't get to stay a star for long enough because of his health. I know he was kind of out there in his retirement but he was also a very affable guy who always had time for fans.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Castro
Charter member
50742 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 08:28 PM

5. "The Real Tony Starks. "
In response to Reply # 0

Would take a 95 mph fastball to the shoulder and the ball would say, "SHIT!"

Rest in Peace.

------------------
One Hundred.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 11:09 PM

7. "an OG from the California Angels days...."
In response to Reply # 0

RIP...

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2619534 Previous topic | Next topic