Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2617623

Subject: "WOJ MOAB? Nyquill for PBS Logo was on the table? (SWIPE)" Previous topic | Next topic
Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14585 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 12:31 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"WOJ MOAB? Nyquill for PBS Logo was on the table? (SWIPE)"

I don't know (I'd make a shit GM), but I'd probably make that trade.

Warriors said "nah, we good",

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20011990/indiana-pacers-offered-paul-george-golden-state-warriors-klay-thompson

Before All-Star forward Paul George was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Indiana Pacers talked to the Golden State Warriors and offered him for Klay Thompson, a source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

According to the source, Golden State said no to the offer, and the talks with Indiana ended there.

Appearing on Thursday's SportsCenter, George told Wojnarowski he was aware the Pacers had talked to the Warriors.

"I would've looked forward to it, of just being in a good situation and a chance to compete for a championship," George said. "But it didn't happen. It's still fun to team up with a special talent and have a chance to compete against that team."

George joked that he didn't think a trade to Golden State would fly with the league.

"Yeah, I think that would've been the Chris Paul-to-L.A. situation where they denied that trade," George said with a laugh, referring to the infamous Hornets-Lakers deal in 2011 that was vetoed by then-NBA commissioner David Stern.

The Pacers agreed to send George to Oklahoma City for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis on June 30. The trade became official on July 6.

In Oklahoma City, George will be teamed with MVP Russell Westbrook. George talked Thursday about how Golden State's approach has changed the game.

"We love being the alpha of our teams, but it's just not realistic that you're going to be able to do it alone," George said.

"You need help in this league. Back in the day, that's what made the league. Guys were winning championships, making their team better by themselves. They had pieces and they had a lot of help. But the league was spread out.

"Now you've got guys teaming up; the landscape has shifted a bit. In order to compete against that, you have to have guys that can compete at the same level as you. That's really what this league has come down to. shifted the landscape a lot."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Why mess up a good thing
Jul 14th 2017
PG is the better player, KT is the better fit.
Jul 14th 2017
The Warriors FO understands 2 key things:
Jul 14th 2017
That's an easy no for the Ws.
Jul 14th 2017
Can't think of a reason why the Dubs would accept that trade
Jul 14th 2017
MOAB? PG was on the table for pretty much any star.
Jul 14th 2017
he does nothing better than Klay except dunk.
Jul 14th 2017
lolz.
Jul 16th 2017
and miss more game winners
Jul 16th 2017
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSE7c5zMD4
Jul 17th 2017
Dubs were like:
Jul 14th 2017
http://i.imgur.com/Z9EQD5y.jpg
Jul 14th 2017
Yooooooo lolol
Jul 14th 2017
would have been a dumb move
Jul 15th 2017
I'm not sure where this Paul Geroge as a player that matters thing start...
Jul 15th 2017
      back to back division titles and narrow ECF losses at 22 and 23?
Jul 16th 2017
      Those guys weren't bums tho
Jul 16th 2017
           People act like Bron's 2007-2010 Cavs teammates were bums tho
Jul 17th 2017
           i mean, only West has any sort of quality career
Jul 17th 2017
                You are right, but they had their best seasons in indy
Jul 17th 2017
                     imo *that* was bc of george
Jul 17th 2017
                          I think it was more Vogel and the fact that they all been good
Jul 17th 2017
      seems kind of off topic as he would not be no. 1 guy in OKC or GS but
Jul 16th 2017
           George isnt jockeying with Klay for anything imo
Jul 17th 2017
                why not? who has PG actually beaten?
Jul 17th 2017
                It depends what kind of team you have
Jul 17th 2017
yes, I can see why Indiana would try to make that deal
Jul 17th 2017
all-time "why'd we only win 52 games when I simmed the season" scenario
Jul 17th 2017

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59160 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 12:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Why mess up a good thing "
In response to Reply # 0

Plus klay makes a little less. And I'm not convinced PG is a better player anyway.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43735 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 12:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "PG is the better player, KT is the better fit."
In response to Reply # 0

I'd trust the Warrior's front office here.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 01:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "The Warriors FO understands 2 key things:"
In response to Reply # 0

1 - Klay is by all accounts perfectly content with being a spot-up shooter and top defender. That mentality is not easy to find in most high talented players, they want the ball and if not, it affects their effort, commitment, etc.

2 - Klay is a FA in 2019 vs PG in 2018. That gives the Warriors another year without having to decide if they really want to inflate their luxury tax bill.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 01:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "That's an easy no for the Ws. "
In response to Reply # 0

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44709 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 01:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Can't think of a reason why the Dubs would accept that trade"
In response to Reply # 0

Doesn't make sense or work for them in the short or long term.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44829 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 02:07 PM

6. "MOAB? PG was on the table for pretty much any star. "
In response to Reply # 0

or promising young player/picks.

I.E, PG was on the table here, but Klay wasn't.

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 02:19 PM

7. "he does nothing better than Klay except dunk. "
In response to Reply # 0

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 01:38 PM

13. "lolz."
In response to Reply # 7

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5626 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 05:43 PM

14. "and miss more game winners"
In response to Reply # 7

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 01:53 PM

23. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSE7c5zMD4"
In response to Reply # 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSE7c5zMD4

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

PROMO
Charter member
30929 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 02:38 PM

8. "Dubs were like: "
In response to Reply # 0

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/83/92/7c/83927ce52881168fbef96b88c7236f46.jpg

And they were smart to do so.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 03:41 PM

9. "http://i.imgur.com/Z9EQD5y.jpg"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/Z9EQD5y.jpg

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Cenario
59160 posts
Fri Jul-14-17 04:01 PM

10. "Yooooooo lolol"
In response to Reply # 9

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 09:34 AM

11. "would have been a dumb move"
In response to Reply # 0

how is GS managing to sign george? klay has an additional year left on his deal. further if it ain't broke, don't fix it. klay seems to be the better fit if not the better player.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

cantball
Charter member
46630 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 09:40 AM

12. "I'm not sure where this Paul Geroge as a player that matters thing start..."
In response to Reply # 11

He's good, I guess, but as a number 1 dude? Your team, even in the sorry was East, is doing absolutely nothing

<================== Learn the name now before everyone gets dunked on

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35243 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 07:32 PM

15. "back to back division titles and narrow ECF losses at 22 and 23?"
In response to Reply # 12

cmon lol

he took lance, hibbert, and west to within a hair f the Finals

cmon

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Cenario
59160 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 07:50 PM

16. "Those guys weren't bums tho"
In response to Reply # 15

That was a really great defensive team and before Hibbert turnEd to crap (or maybe while) otherwise, I agree with your sentiment for PG.

I don't think he's a 1 on a chip team (especially not in today's league) but he's a great number 2 for a really, really good team. I hope OKC can retain him.

theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 05:19 AM

18. "People act like Bron's 2007-2010 Cavs teammates were bums tho"
In response to Reply # 16

cgonz00cc
35243 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 08:25 AM

19. "i mean, only West has any sort of quality career"
In response to Reply # 16

they were well coached and obviously got the best of Hibbert, but that shouldnt have been enough to get them to game 7 vs the Heat with only one real star

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Cenario
59160 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 08:29 AM

21. "You are right, but they had their best seasons in indy"
In response to Reply # 19

When they were pushing Miami.

If you wanna credit that to PG, that's a better argument. But let's not act like he had Lance and Hibbert of today on that team.

And that probably was the best type of team to combat miami. Obviously a little more offense woulda helped, but they all locked in defensively.

cgonz00cc
35243 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 02:02 PM

24. "imo *that* was bc of george"
In response to Reply # 21

> they all locked in defensively

the star setting the tone on D is huge to me. lets everyone else know whats expected of them

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Cenario
59160 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 03:44 PM

26. "I think it was more Vogel and the fact that they all been good"
In response to Reply # 24

Defenders

Vogel staff taught Hibberto how to protect the rim without fouling.

Lance grew up in their system so yeah if PG had ano influence on him on the defensive end sure...but them dudes playing good D coincided with PG becoming a star.

They wasaid playing good D when Granger was their best player.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 10:18 PM

17. "seems kind of off topic as he would not be no. 1 guy in OKC or GS but"
In response to Reply # 12

he is a good player. he hasn't grown as much as i might have expected but a very solid two-way player. i would say right now he is jockeying with jimmy butler, klay and guys like that for the second tier stars. that indy team had OK depth but it had a couple of effective but stiff bigs, a bottom third point guard, etc. PG was clearly their best player and they had some success. This past year they had a shit start and some injuries otherwise I think they would have been a middle seed.

cgonz00cc
35243 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 08:27 AM

20. "George isnt jockeying with Klay for anything imo"
In response to Reply # 17

even in the current East i couldnt see Klay leaing a team to 2 series wins in each of 2 consecutive years

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 03:21 PM

25. "why not? who has PG actually beaten?"
In response to Reply # 20

the only team more than 3 games over .500 Indy beat in the playoffs those 2 seasons was a Knicks team with JR Smith as the #2 option.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 03:58 PM

27. "It depends what kind of team you have"
In response to Reply # 20

I think the Dubs are better off with Klay and the extra year on his contract plus birds rights make it a no-brainer to keep him over PG.

Rjcc
Charter member
94955 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 08:31 AM

22. "yes, I can see why Indiana would try to make that deal"
In response to Reply # 0

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 05:36 PM

28. "all-time "why'd we only win 52 games when I simmed the season" scenario"
In response to Reply # 0

that 2K team you build out of nowhere and think it's going to go undefeated only everything goes wrong and the Trail Blazers beat you in the semifinals.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2617623 Previous topic | Next topic