Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2615376

Subject: "Chicago…who will be worse?" Previous topic | Next topic
COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Fri Jun-23-17 04:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Chicago…who will be worse?"

I don't watch baseball, so over the last few years I have been forced to slowly watch both of my favorite teams get demolished by terrible, terrible, very bad GM's.

The Bears looked poised for a 3-13 year, on the heels of several years of terribad. Their GM is garbage and will soon be gone but the roster will still be devoid of any players and the coach is already a lame duck.

The Bulls are done….right? I mean, we are going to be pure, unmitigated trash.

So, which team do you expect to pull out of it first, and will it be in the next ten years?

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Chicago…who will be worse?
Jun 23rd 2017
i feel like ron burgundy right now.
Jun 24th 2017
RE: i feel like ron burgundy right now.
Jun 24th 2017
today I realized something very troubling
Jun 24th 2017
White Sox will hopefully be good in the next 5 years
Jun 24th 2017
RE: Chicago…who will be worse?
Jun 24th 2017
They are sorry in an almost parallel way
Jun 25th 2017

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Fri Jun-23-17 04:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Chicago…who will be worse?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm coming off my Cubs high....

But I'm going to say the Bulls will be worse....Just utter fuckery all the way around....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Sat Jun-24-17 12:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i feel like ron burgundy right now."
In response to Reply # 0

"what, garpaxter?

you took a team that finished with the best record in the league 2 years in a row, and within 5 seasons turned it into a laughingstock with no future?

you fired one of the best coaches in the league, for no reason other than pettiness?

and you traded a top 12 player for a bust, a guy coming off an ACL, and a mere 9-spot jump in the draft?

how'd you do that? heck, i'm not even mad; that's amazing."

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sat Jun-24-17 12:44 PM

3. "RE: i feel like ron burgundy right now."
In response to Reply # 2

>"what, garpaxter?
>
>you took a team that finished with the best record in the
>league 2 years in a row, and within 5 seasons turned it into a
>laughingstock with no future?
>
>you fired one of the best coaches in the league, for no reason
>other than pettiness?
>
>and you traded a top 12 player for a bust, a guy coming off an
>ACL, and a mere 9-spot jump in the draft?
>
>how'd you do that? heck, i'm not even mad; that's amazing."

Reading this shit makes me even more depressed.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

mashpg89
Member since Dec 08th 2004
2867 posts
Sat Jun-24-17 01:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "today I realized something very troubling"
In response to Reply # 2

Gar, Pax, or the terrible duo of BarfPacks are tied for the 4th longest tenured GM's in the league right now. Paxson started in '03 and has played a role ever since, Gar in '09 (he alone is the 9th longest tenured). Only behind Pat Riley, Donnie Nelson, and RC Buford, all three of which have won championships. What have BarfPacks done in that time?

Not only that, but their jobs are safe for the rebuild, which will last anywhere up to 3-4 years. Then, based on their track record, assuming they fuck it up, it'll take at least 1-2 years for Reinsdorf to accept it.

No matter how much Bulls fans tweet or if we're able to put up a billboard saying #FireGarPax in front of Reinsdorf's house, we're still stuck with them for at least 5-6 years. Somebody please convince me otherwise.

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Sat Jun-24-17 05:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "White Sox will hopefully be good in the next 5 years"
In response to Reply # 0

COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Sat Jun-24-17 11:48 PM

6. "RE: Chicago…who will be worse?"
In response to Reply # 0

So, consensus is…

Bulls are a bigger laughingstock but worth discussing because it's so ludicrous how they are going about it.

Bears are basically written off, so despite the fact that they have spent last couple years shedding talent, signing flotsam and jetsam and drafting projects…what's there to say?

I can dig it.

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Jun-25-17 12:35 AM

7. "They are sorry in an almost parallel way"
In response to Reply # 0

Fired above average coaches who probably shouldn't have been fired, inept management, rebuild that doesn't offer much hope for the future, etc. The Bulls at least made the type of deal they should make but it could blow up in their face.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2615376 Previous topic | Next topic