Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2613373

Subject: "Warriors off-season post" Previous topic | Next topic
mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44687 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 02:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Warriors off-season post"

Still buzzing off the win.

Still hyped to go to the parade.

But even now, I'm thinking about the future.

Okay, so the only players technically under contract next season are: Draymond, Klay, McCaw, Looney, and Jones. Durant is technically signed for another season, but he has a player option that everyone knows he's going to exercise.

First is Steph and KD (when he opts out). Steph is a no-brainer, and he likely gets the $40 million supermax because having him on a discount was the biggest factor to get the rest of the team in place.

KD is next. He's about a lock to stay too; he's not going to play for three teams in three years. He can sign for $30 million, but there have been rumblings for a while now that he's willing to take less so that they have the space to sign Iggy and maybe Livingston.

Then, Iggy. Balled out during the second half of the season, particularly when KD went down. I gotta imagine they find a way to sign him. He went to the Hampton's to help recruit KD. They had to discuss the idea of the core sticking around after this season. Plus, he's got serious money ties to Silicon Valley. I'd say 75% chance he stays.

Next, Livingston. He played pretty great the second half of the season and in the 'offs, when healthy. I've thought for years he was going to leave when he got his chance. He's never had his huge contract, and he's never going to have a better chance to get it than this off-season. There's a chance that teams will decide that he hasn't really been healthy lately, and that might limit the money, but I figure some team that could use him as a starter signs him.

Next, ZaZa. Pretty solid season. Sorta off and on in the play-offs (played big at the beginning of yesterday's game). But no way he takes another huge pay-cut when teams are paying big for height. Vaya con dios.

Next, Javale. This was his redemption year. The Warriors were about the perfect environment for him, as they knew when and for how long to use him. But he's 7'1" and has a lot of bounce so someone will offer him a lot of money. Can't fault him if he takes it. Vaya con dios.

Next, Ian Clark. Had a damn good and good play-offs. Came into his own as an overall player. Some team will give him Kent Bazemore money. Probably better. Vaya con dios.

Then, McAdoo. Barely plays, but this org is all he's known. Like the guy well enough. And him getting a dunk always signifies a blow-out.

David West likely retires. Matt Barnes likely retires. Happy both got rings. Hopefully West sticks around in the organization. Dude would make a great assistant coach (especially if Collins goes to another team).

So, we'll likely have the Line-Up of Death/Hampton Five, McCaw, Looney and Jones for sure.

We're likely going to have to rebuild our big-man rotation AGAIN, but I think free agents are going to keep on taking discount to come and play here. I wouldn't mind re-signing Speights or signing Zack Randolph or someone like that.

Now, to bask in more happiness.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
CTRL+F Steve Kerr, CTRL+F Mike Brown.
Jun 13th 2017
Was focusing to the players, but sure...
Jun 13th 2017
re: KD
Jun 13th 2017
wow if they replace ZaZa with NeNe...
Jun 13th 2017
That would be an upgrade in terms of talent
Jun 13th 2017
RE: re: KD
Jun 13th 2017
breh if they get nene LMAO
Jun 13th 2017
Curry signs super-max. Livingston resigns
Jun 30th 2017
yes and yes. nm
Jul 01st 2017
David West re-signs. Says it'll be his last year, b/w Iggy
Jul 01st 2017
$13-$15 mil should be enough to keep Iggy
Jul 01st 2017
      Woj reporting we got him. Three years, $45 million total
Jul 01st 2017
So Iggy signed for 3 years, $48 million.
Jul 02nd 2017
Okay, roster is almost filled out.
Jul 05th 2017
And Javale McGee makes 15. Roster is set
Jul 28th 2017
Yeah, its unstoppable
Jul 29th 2017
LOL @ Drumph's sniveling "You can't fire me because I quit" bitch ass
Sep 23rd 2017

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 02:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "CTRL+F Steve Kerr, CTRL+F Mike Brown."
In response to Reply # 0

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

mrhood75
44687 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 02:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Was focusing to the players, but sure..."
In response to Reply # 1

It looks like there aren't any coach openings right now. Usually teams that are looking for new coaches have fired their old ones by the time the Finals are over; Walton had already accepted the Lakers job almost two months before the Warriors' season ended last year. The fact that the draft is just a couple weeks away makes it seem like firings are less likely.

But, if some time does fire their head coach, Mike Brown should be at the top of their list. And if he decides to take another job, then more power to him. He did a great job here. Vayas con dios.

However, we don't know how things end up with Kerr. Early buzz is that he plans to coach next season, even though things aren't great with his back. When he came back to the sideline, it was because he had achieved "baseline" for the manageable pain he'd had during the season.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Warriors front office has told Brown that he's first in line to take over the coaching spot should Kerr decide he just can't take the pain. And he'd deserve the job. He's a damn good coach and the players like him/respond to him.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 02:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "re: KD"
In response to Reply # 0

i believe it was ramona shelburne who reported last week that durant had already indicated to the organization his willingness to take a bit of a haircut on his deal, and take the "non-bird" exception rather than the full max.

it's only about a ~$4M difference for him but it's actually pretty huge, since it'll allow you guys to operate this offseason as a "cap-space" team rather than an "exception" team, giving you a lot more options on ways to keep guys like iggy and s dot. they can basically go over the cap and retain everybody, if they're willing to take that lux-tax hit.

also: i wouldn't be surprised if they bring in nene to replace zaza. just a hunch.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 03:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "wow if they replace ZaZa with NeNe..."
In response to Reply # 2

damn, say that fast thrice...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "That would be an upgrade in terms of talent"
In response to Reply # 2

>also: i wouldn't be surprised if they bring in nene to replace
>zaza. just a hunch.

but isn't that dude chronically injured? Would be wild to see him bounce from the Rockets to the Warriors. Who ever takes that big man position has to settle for getting paid peanuts, especially as a big man, so it'll be interesting to see who takes that roster spot, assuming Zaza goes bye bye.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

mrhood75
44687 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 03:27 PM

6. "RE: re: KD"
In response to Reply # 2

>it's only about a ~$4M difference for him but it's actually
>pretty huge, since it'll allow you guys to operate this
>offseason as a "cap-space" team rather than an "exception"
>team, giving you a lot more options on ways to keep guys like
>iggy and s dot. they can basically go over the cap and retain
>everybody, if they're willing to take that lux-tax hit.

Lacob and crew have been okay with the Lux. tax hit, even though it will keep getting bigger. But he wants that teams firing on all cylinders when they open the new stadium.

Again, this has to be a convo that the entire front office had a long time ago. And this is a team that's very good at planning ahead. I'm guessing that they a very good idea of how they want things to shake out.

>also: i wouldn't be surprised if they bring in nene to replace
>zaza. just a hunch.

I'd definitely like that.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 03:39 PM

7. "breh if they get nene LMAO"
In response to Reply # 2

<--- Big Baller World Order

mrhood75
44687 posts
Fri Jun-30-17 11:39 PM

8. "Curry signs super-max. Livingston resigns"
In response to Reply # 0

Curry deserves every damn penny. Especially considered what we've got is built on the fact that he was hurt for his last contract.

Very happy about re-signing Livingston too. Keep the key components of the bench on the team.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sat Jul-01-17 09:36 PM

9. "yes and yes. nm"
In response to Reply # 8

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

mrhood75
44687 posts
Sat Jul-01-17 10:01 PM

10. "David West re-signs. Says it'll be his last year, b/w Iggy"
In response to Reply # 0

Happy to have West. He's huge in the locker room and is great with mentoring the younger players. Plus dude looked so damn happy when we won it all.

Only member of the three wise men left to sign is Iggy. At first he said he wasn't going to meet with the team, opting to talk with the Spurs and the Rockets instead. Well, now talk has leaked out the Warriors are planning on offering him between $13 & $15 million a year for three years, and he changed his mind and met with them. So it appears that meeting the other teams was a play to drive up the Dubs' price, which i imagine they were going to pay anyway. As long as he re-ups with us, I don't care how the sausage is made.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Sat Jul-01-17 10:33 PM

11. "$13-$15 mil should be enough to keep Iggy"
In response to Reply # 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

mrhood75
44687 posts
Sat Jul-01-17 11:08 PM

12. "Woj reporting we got him. Three years, $45 million total"
In response to Reply # 11

Great off season already.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44687 posts
Sun Jul-02-17 01:18 AM

13. "So Iggy signed for 3 years, $48 million."
In response to Reply # 0

Held out for a few more million overall and more guarantees during the final year of the deal. Doesn't matter how we got here, only the end result is importance.

So now we've got all of the Hampton 5 and the 3 Wise Men (though Iggy is in both groups) locked in for next season, and the core six until the end of 2019 season. Looking good, indeed.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44687 posts
Wed Jul-05-17 01:25 PM

14. "Okay, roster is almost filled out."
In response to Reply # 0

As of now, we signed/re-signed:

Curry
KD
Livingston
Iggy
West
Casspi
Swaggy

Add in the players already under contract:

Klay
Dray
McCaw
Jones
Looney
Bell
Maybe Boucher?

That's one or two roster spots that still need to be filled.

Still need a starting Center. There was some buzz that ZaZa wanted to come back, but he'd need to talk the veteran minimum again. Javale is talking to the Clippers today, so who knows.

Probably wouldn't be bad to sign another guard too.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44687 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 07:02 PM

15. "And Javale McGee makes 15. Roster is set"
In response to Reply # 0

With that, we look pretty damn great right now. A pretty awesome off-season all around. Dare I say we look like we could be even stronger this year? Certainly have more offense coming off the bench. If was had any issues last season, it was lack of consistent scoring coming off the bench. Young and Casspi should help with that.

I still believe Looney is likely gone soon. Either by trade (which will be hard to do) and if they straight drop him. Probably could use another guard.

I'll also say this: barring health issues, I think we should go for the wins record this coming season. We might be able to get it by "accident." But we've got two chips already. Fuck it, lets make this team even more legendary.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Sat Jul-29-17 08:36 AM

16. "Yeah, its unstoppable"
In response to Reply # 15

The rest of the league has to hope for a key injury unfortunately cuz there is no beating this team as constructed right now. About to have 3 titles in 4 years, your dynasty has begun. Congrats to the real fans, just sucks for fans of other teams but there is always that in the NBA, usually 2 or 3 teams have a decent chance tho and now it seems predetermined.

mrhood75
44687 posts
Sat Sep-23-17 11:56 AM

17. "LOL @ Drumph's sniveling "You can't fire me because I quit" bitch ass"
In response to Reply # 0

1. You haven't even invited the Dubs to the White House yet

2. The Warriors weren't going to go anyway

3. Your punk racist ass didn't say shit when Tom Brady didn't show

And props to 'Bron for supporting Steph.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2613373 Previous topic | Next topic