Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2613064

Subject: "‘Cause on the mic we’re clowning, punks we’re downing" Previous topic | Next topic
mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44719 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 12:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"‘Cause on the mic we’re clowning, punks we’re downing"
Mon Jun-12-17 10:48 PM by mrhood75

Don’t try to smile, your teeth are jacked, keep frowning (c) Richie Rich

This is the celebration post.

Once again, we’re champs.

Plowed through the play-offs with just one loss.

One of the best teams to ever do it.

And guess what? There’s a good chance you’ll see us again in the Finals next year.

Enjoy the ride. I know I am.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Championship parade on Thursday.
Jun 12th 2017
"Nellie! Mahalo! Wherever you are!" (c) Steph
Jun 13th 2017
Congrats, maybe the best squad i've seen in my lifetime
Jun 13th 2017
man stop
Jun 13th 2017
      man, stop being mad.
Jun 13th 2017
The apparentlyvoted unanimously to skip any White House visit
Jun 13th 2017
Out here at the parade. Loving it. Mobbed out here
Jun 15th 2017
The one question the nation is clamoring to get answered:
Jun 15th 2017
You know, it's sort of interesting Lil B hasn't been mentioned much
Jun 16th 2017
lolz. dray good and petty.
Jun 16th 2017
I thought that was dope when I heard about it yesterday...
Jun 16th 2017
Whats great is that he was prepared to be even ***more*** petty
Jun 16th 2017
RE: lolz. dray good and petty.
Jun 16th 2017
Parade was great.
Jun 16th 2017
I was wondering why Adonal Foyle was featured so prominently.
Jun 16th 2017
      Wish there had been other Warriors from the We Believe era there
Jun 16th 2017
I don't fuck with none of y'all as a staff, record label, or a motherfuc...
Jun 16th 2017

mrhood75
44719 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 11:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Championship parade on Thursday. "
In response to Reply # 0

Hopefully, I'll be there.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44719 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 12:58 AM

3. ""Nellie! Mahalo! Wherever you are!" (c) Steph"
In response to Reply # 0

Smoking a stog out at Oracle, still looking like a 12-year-old.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 08:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Congrats, maybe the best squad i've seen in my lifetime"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate Zaza tho

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 08:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "man stop"
In response to Reply # 4

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 08:27 AM

6. "man, stop being mad."
In response to Reply # 5

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

mrhood75
44719 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 01:02 PM

7. "The apparentlyvoted unanimously to skip any White House visit"
In response to Reply # 0

Technically, they haven't received an official invite, but if they do, I'd be shocked if anyone went.

I'd expect the same thing with the Cavs too.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44719 posts
Thu Jun-15-17 10:09 AM

8. "Out here at the parade. Loving it. Mobbed out here"
In response to Reply # 0

They're expecting 1.5 million on these Oakland streets. Can't wait!

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Jun-15-17 02:39 PM

9. "The one question the nation is clamoring to get answered:"
In response to Reply # 0

Where's The Based God among all of this going down?

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

mrhood75
44719 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 03:41 PM

13. "You know, it's sort of interesting Lil B hasn't been mentioned much"
In response to Reply # 9

in association with the Warriors this year. Especially with the organization embracing Too Short, E-40, Mistah F.A.B., and fricking G-Eazy. I know the first three, along with Hammer, were involved in the parade yesterday; I have no idea if G-Eazy was there or not. But if G-Eazy is getting invited courtside and performing songs at the victory party at Oracle Monday night, you'd think that reaching out to Lil B wouldn't be a stretch.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 03:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "lolz. dray good and petty."
In response to Reply # 0

The Draymond Green Petty Meter: Transcendent

God bless Draymond Green, and all of those who did even the smallest deed in helping him get to this point. May his rise in this league be everlasting, and may his face in front of a microphone be ever present.

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/875429988522016768
Draymond Green: "I can't forget the Ultimate Warrior shirt from LeBron. The 3-1 tombstone cookies. I was waiting on this moment. I'm petty."

That sound you hear is TV executives beginning to draft contracts for Draymond to join their pregame shows as an analyst once he retires. I can’t say Draymond was born to be a basketball player because all evidence suggests he came into this world to be a talker. According to Green, the “Quickie” T-shirts came from a company in Cleveland, which suggests he was ready to don them the moment Golden State swept Cleveland on the Quicken Loans floor, a level of pettiness even Russell Westbrook aspires to.

Of course LeBron, who earlier in the day posted a video on his Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BVXfmnthljC/?taken-by=kingjames&hl=en) indicating that he had finally surrendered to his ever-shrinking hair follicles, had to respond.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVXx2ddh_kA/

The Cavs’ official account, J.R. Smith, Tristan Thompson, James Harden, and Russell Westbrook all interacted with the post. Consider that a social media collection of petty players who all couldn’t get past the Warriors. This was all fuel to Draymond’s fire. He couldn’t stay away.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVX0v36lYJV/

Of note: All of these are live posts. No screenshots. No hacking. They’re the real deal. This is like if every player in his prime suddenly had the bravado and shamelessness that guys like Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace have after retirement. If the “boring” NBA playoffs and unsurprising Finals were all a prelude to this, then it was 100 percent worth it.

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/875460348190498816
Draymond Green to LeBron James: "Superteam this, Superteam that. 'I never played on a Superteam.' You started the Superteam, bro!"

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 03:28 PM

11. "I thought that was dope when I heard about it yesterday..."
In response to Reply # 10

you fun, I fun back...all good. Using the "Q" in his t-shirt was brilliant, too.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

mrhood75
44719 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 03:37 PM

12. "Whats great is that he was prepared to be even ***more*** petty"

He apparently had a list of people on the Cavs/in Cleveland that he was going to air out once they won, but changed his mind at the last second out his respect for the team as rivals.

I'm guessing that he's needling LeBron in particular indeed because of the Ultimate Warrior TV shirt and the tombstone cookies and the Halloween party. Though it's interesting to note that during that party, LeBron explicitly tried to clown Steph and Klay, but left Draymond out of it.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 03:43 PM

14. "RE: lolz. dray good and petty."

>https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/875460348190498816
>Draymond Green to LeBron James: "Superteam this, Superteam
>that. 'I never played on a Superteam.' You started the
>Superteam, bro!"

LeBron already responded to this retort by Draymond via that Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson podcast. LeBron's response was that the Rockets started the whole superteam mess and not him with that Hakeem/Drexler/Barkley tandem. I thought LeBron was going to fade to Bolivian as result of this Finals loss, but kudos to him not going into complete seclusion.

Interestingly enough, to bring it back to Draymond, he has a podcast on LeBron's Uninterrupted social media network. The same social media network that Channing Frye/RJ podcast is on.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

mrhood75
44719 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 03:52 PM

15. "Parade was great."
In response to Reply # 0

Got a good spot against one of the barricades. At about 8:45 a DJ set up about 30 feet behind me and started playing all types of Bay shit. Lots of Too Short, E-40, Mac Dre, and Luniz.

Draymond, West, ZaZa, and Steph all looked like they were having the time of their lives. Barnes, Klay, and Looney looked happy as hell too. KD seemed almost overwhelmed by the whole thing; from I understand, he was sitting down in the front of his bus almost the entire time (I barely noticed him when his bus passed by).

Dope part were the coaches walking around and giving dap to the fans. Kerr looked practically spry handing out high fives.

Like the parade two years ago, a few too many floats with city of Oakland and Alameda country employees. Adonal Foyle also got his own car, which was a little weird, but he does the local post-game coverage on ABC after the nationally televised games are over (I like the guy, but he's not very good at it).

Rickey Henderson, Barry Bonds, Too Short, and the Toaster Guy were all on the same truck with some other local personalities.

Even more crowded than last time. The "narrowed" the route itself, giving fans more room on each side of the street, because they knew the crowd was going to be even bigger this time.

Skipped the rally, because of the crowd size/heat/another logistical nightmares. But some people think that there were more people at the rally than at Drumph's inaugeration.

Regardless, a great day in Oakland history.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

third_i_vision
Charter member
7818 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 04:53 PM

16. "I was wondering why Adonal Foyle was featured so prominently."
In response to Reply # 15

Caught a little of the parade on TV yesterday and the broadcast had me DYING. No clue who the guy or girl are but they were fired up.

"Oh look is that.....is that Adonal Foyle? Is that Adonal in his own car? Yeah you know Adonal Foyle had to come down here and turn up."

"That's the littest bus out here!"

"IS THAT STEPH?!?! IS THAT STEPH?!?!"

"Zaza's turnt out here. You gotta get hyphy, you gotta get turnt."

My wife and I just got back from a week-long vacation in the Bay, and we stayed in Oakland right by Lake Merritt. Our last night was Monday when they won it. Amazing scene outside and DAMN I wish I could live out there. Nashville is getting expensive but real estate in the Bay is fucking humbling.

Congrats.

Bowls
http://twitter.com/Bowls615

mrhood75
44719 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 06:53 PM

17. "Wish there had been other Warriors from the We Believe era there"
In response to Reply # 16

They brought them back for the 10-year anniversary during a play-off game. Would been nice to see Baron Davis or Captain Jax there. Mullin and Mitch Richmond had their own car at the parade two years ago.

>My wife and I just got back from a week-long vacation in the
>Bay, and we stayed in Oakland right by Lake Merritt. Our last
>night was Monday when they won it.

Woooooooooo, it must have been crazy around there. I live out in the suburbs these days, so I could see the stuff on TV show. The shots from Downtown looked insane though.

Amazing scene outside and
>DAMN I wish I could live out there. Nashville is getting
>expensive but real estate in the Bay is fucking humbling.

Man, the reason I live in the 'burbs is because it's too fricking expensive to buy anything in Oakland or the East Bay these days. And it's only getting worse. Only way I'm going to be able to move back there ever is inheriting my parent's home.

>Congrats.

Thank you, sir.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28846 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 08:43 PM

18. "I don't fuck with none of y'all as a staff, record label, or a motherfuc..."
In response to Reply # 0

Salute to y'all for being the first team in this current administration's reign to turn down meeting with the person in the President Obama's office.

Once again, congratulations and we coming back with a vengeance.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2613064 Previous topic | Next topic