Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2606434

Subject: "The Chicago Bulls Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
RandomFact
Member since Dec 10th 2005
8710 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 09:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Chicago Bulls Offseason Post"
Fri Apr-28-17 09:17 PM by RandomFact

Whew, where do we start?

I assume Wade's value is at an all time low. Does he opt in for the money? If so, does he accept and embrace a sixth man role next year.

If Rondo wants to come back, great. Just put Wade on the bench and bring in two legit shooters at SG and PF. Niko don't count.

Are we not getting Sacramento's pick?

Add on.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Are you assuming that Butler is staying?
Apr 28th 2017
James Young!
Apr 28th 2017
      Ainge is already in the mirror working on keeping a straight face
Apr 28th 2017
           He could just hire me. They could hook me up to polygraph...
May 01st 2017
https://goo.gl/Gjyi8X
Apr 28th 2017
My Bulls Offseason Wishlist:
Apr 28th 2017
RE: My Bulls Offseason Wishlist:
Apr 30th 2017
pretty much.
May 01st 2017
lol
May 01st 2017
*Sigh*
May 01st 2017
I'm praying we convince Chi to take Dlo, JC, Nance
May 01st 2017
      What's up fam!?! Sorry ain't hit you back yet
May 01st 2017
Paxson to take back more control of front office
May 01st 2017
Postmortem of the 2016-'17 Shitshow:
May 04th 2017
So the rebuild is real now...GOOD!
Jun 23rd 2017

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 10:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Are you assuming that Butler is staying?"
In response to Reply # 0

At this point, it wouldn't be the worst thing if the Bulls embraced the tank.

Get a lotto pick and young player or two for Butler.

Rondo's play in the playoffs and expiring deal could help land a decent protected pick for eating a longer contract. Ditto for Lopez (though he's got two years left.)

Wade is the wild card. He's not seeing 23 million but I have to think he wants one more shot at a ring. I'd imagine he opts out but who knows.

Hope you can get a sign-and-trade deal for Mirotic.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 11:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "James Young!"
In response to Reply # 1

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 11:44 PM

5. "Ainge is already in the mirror working on keeping a straight face"
In response to Reply # 4

Listen, Jimmy's knees were sore in that last game. He's not getting younger. And James is a deep well of untapped potential. You're stealing from me here!

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon May-01-17 07:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "He could just hire me. They could hook me up to polygraph..."
In response to Reply # 5

and I'd sell it.

Cuz its true.

(to some extent)

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 10:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "https://goo.gl/Gjyi8X"
In response to Reply # 0

https://goo.gl/Gjyi8X

Should have done it this season

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36965 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 10:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "My Bulls Offseason Wishlist:"
In response to Reply # 0

1. Have an offseason plan.
2. Make moves towards that plan.

https://digife.com

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sun Apr-30-17 02:04 PM

6. "RE: My Bulls Offseason Wishlist:"
In response to Reply # 3

>1. Have an offseason plan.
>2. Make moves towards that plan.

lol...true

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Mon May-01-17 07:21 AM

7. "pretty much."
In response to Reply # 3

Back again for the first time.

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon May-01-17 09:00 AM

9. "lol"
In response to Reply # 3

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Mon May-01-17 09:24 AM

10. "*Sigh*"
In response to Reply # 0

>Whew, where do we start?

It's like management deferred the rebuild a year, out of stubbornness and vanity. Now the guy that has the most heart on the team is probably gone (And let's be reality, Rondo is playing for the postseason at this point in his career). Wade knows he won't get 23 mil on the open market as he aged 700 years in one 6 game series. I wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement after next season but stubbornness and vanity will probably cause him to seek one final 2 year deal after ours is up.

Soooo we go 1 of 3 directions:

1) Illogical - Minimally tweak the roster, come back next year minus Rondo, plus Wade a year older and pray that the young guys continue to develop under Hoi. This keeps butts in the seats as we remain competitive yet guarantees purgatory for the franchise all to the tune of paying the White Sox salary overage: Profit, Profit, Profit

2) Strategic - Realize the make-up of the roster is flawed, overhaul most of it via trades, snag a few draft picks and pieces that fit better for Hoi-ball. Add those to a core of Butler, Wade, Valentine, Portis, RoLo and Zipser. Get rid of everyone else if possible. Aim for top 4 in the east and see where the chips fall. At least with this, we might look attractive to FA's next summer.

3) Logical - rebuild. Trade Jimmy, get a haul that includes high draft picks this year and young talent. Purge the roster of players you have no plans for. Run Hoiball for the young boys and develop them next year. Hopefully around a future superstar from this draft. Ultimately sucking enough to get another high pick to pair with him next summer.

Based on the FA's track record, I'd vote #1, with #2 being second.

And no, we don't get Sacramento's pick as it was top 10. Now Philly gets to swap with the kings if they get a lower pick. Our pick is now a second rounder because the 2017 pick fell within the top 10 so we get Sac's #38 pick this year.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44838 posts
Mon May-01-17 09:45 AM

11. "I'm praying we convince Chi to take Dlo, JC, Nance"
In response to Reply # 10
Mon May-01-17 09:45 AM by Cold Truth

And the Houston pick for Jimmy.

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Mon May-01-17 11:00 AM

12. "What's up fam!?! Sorry ain't hit you back yet"
In response to Reply # 11

wanted to wait until I had something for you to hear (working on it).

You might have to be my 'test ears' for a few things I'm doing haha

But, I feel like LA is probably gonna make that deal with Indy for Paul. I think they'd jump on it.

Bulls probably want LA's pick this year in addition to a few of those assets to give up Jimmy. Which I don't think Magic would do.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Mon May-01-17 01:13 PM

13. "Paxson to take back more control of front office"
In response to Reply # 0

Marc Stein: "Among the changes Chicago is considering, league sources say, is John Paxson reclaiming more of his previous day-to-day control of the team."

KC Johnson's article: "The Reinsdorfs are known for empowering their main decision-makers and only getting fully involved on major decisions. And while that likely will remain the case, they are expected to seek to promote a front-office environment in which more voices are heard, more ideas are exchanged and better questions are asked.
---

The outward perception of where John Paxson ends and Forman begins always has been somewhat shrouded in mystery. Paxson undoubtedly took a step back when Forman got promoted to general manager in May 2009, but Forman understands Paxson kept him on when Paxson succeeded Jerry Krause in April 2003 and advocated for his increased role.

Forman's voice and vision have prevailed in recent moves, including the hiring of Hoiberg and retaining Pau Gasol at the 2016 trade deadline. But Paxson taking a more public position in speaking at last fall's media day and after February's trade deadline stood out. And his day-to-day involvement increased over the last season, including taking more trips with the team."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bulls-front-office-changes-spt-0501-20170430-column.html

Side note: I love how Paxson's described as, "Jim Paxson, the Bulls director of basketball operations and former Cavaliers general manager who drafted LeBron James, is an example of someone who could have an increased voice or role."

If only every move was as easy as drafting LeBron.

----

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Thu May-04-17 12:33 PM

14. "Postmortem of the 2016-'17 Shitshow:"
In response to Reply # 0

underlying theme: "we're gonna do the same shit next year."

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/4-biggest-takeaways-bulls-season-ending-press-conference-hoiberg-paxson-forman-butler-wade-rondo

Back again for the first time.

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Fri Jun-23-17 08:22 AM

15. "So the rebuild is real now...GOOD!"
In response to Reply # 0

We didn't get a Danny Ainge type haul but with our FO, we wouldn't.

Of course they take the first white kid in the lottery. Our FO is racist fam. They don't like black kids lol Jokes but...I'm saying.

I liked Dunn last year, not so much this year but maybe Thibs was pacing him. We'll see what he can do with a team he's fully running. LaVine...ACL tear for a guy that heavily depends on athleticism. Eh.

Lauri? Dirk lite with low rebounding instincts and worse defense. Will work wonders hitting that 3 in hoiball though. While we're down 15.

But even with that, I'm good. Wade either traded or bought out. Rondo probably walking (maybe he stays but with Dunn in play, I doubt it). Probably gonna unload RoLo at some point too. And why not. Let's go full tank and try to get that #1 for this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcw0ISjcKM

Yeah, destroy and rebuild. I'm with it.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2606434 Previous topic | Next topic