Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2606302

Subject: "PG Gets the Last Shot: Larry Legend is Out" Previous topic | Next topic
Premiere
Member since Sep 02nd 2005
2177 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 12:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"PG Gets the Last Shot: Larry Legend is Out"

http://www.thescore.com/news/1284901

Pritchard takes over in his first full-time capacity since putting together those late-00's Portland teams that seemed destined for greatness if everyone involved's knees didn't explode.

Larry has to know he's looking down the barrel of a rebuild and dealing away the team's best player since Reggie either this offseason or at the deadline next year. Damn. NBA life comes at you fast. Three years removed from back-to-back conference finals appearances, now you're hoping Myles Turner and probably D'Angelo Russell have chemistry.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They tried their best and they failed. The lesson is: Never try.
Apr 28th 2017
Looked good on paper but the fit was always terrible
Apr 28th 2017
Just in time for Father's Day
Apr 28th 2017
2 different scenarios imo for this move
Apr 28th 2017
More like Plan A and Plan B
Apr 28th 2017

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 12:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They tried their best and they failed. The lesson is: Never try."
In response to Reply # 0

This year's team looked good on paper but didn't pan out. Not enough depth plus some of the guys were in decline and/or injured. The nucleus from those real good teams is pretty much gone, especially with the pending departures. Hopefully they get a big haul for George and don't spend a decade in the shitter, but that's the most likely scenario with a rebuild

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Looked good on paper but the fit was always terrible"
In response to Reply # 1

Glut of ball-dominant players with minimal spacing (CJ Miles and then GRIII after he emerged were the only 2) and minus defenders. It was a poorly constructed roster from the start and it played out as such.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 12:39 PM

2. "Just in time for Father's Day"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 12:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "2 different scenarios imo for this move"
In response to Reply # 0

1 - Indy ownership is showing PG that they are committed to winning by holding Bird accountable for recent failures, and it's part of them convincing PG to stay ("greener pastures")

2 - Pritchard, 49, is in this for a long-haul rebuild while Bird, 60, moves to his reported consultation role. Indy ownership reading the writing on the wall and trying to jump-start their rebuild.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Fri Apr-28-17 03:41 PM

5. "More like Plan A and Plan B"
In response to Reply # 4

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2606302 Previous topic | Next topic