Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2571112

Subject: "NBA 'Genda Post: Who's Team Is It?: Eastern Conference (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15302 posts
Wed Oct-19-16 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"NBA 'Genda Post: Who's Team Is It?: Eastern Conference (swipe)"

fun exercise. I'll link the article for the arguments but whittle it down to the conclusions here:

https://theringer.com/whose-nba-team-is-this-anyway-part-1-1c55670f4fb5#.fsuqq8x1s

(eligible parties: "We’re looking at players, coaches, and GMs only. If we extend the list to owners, the answer to “whose team is it” would always be the owner.")

(positions my own addition)

Celtics: Brad Stevens (Coach)
NY Knicks: Kristaps Porzingis (PF)
Raptors: Kyle Lowry (PG)
BK Nets: Sean Marks (GM)
76ers: Joel Embiid (basketball player)

Pacers: Larry Bird (demi-god)
MIL Bucks: Giannis (basketball player)
Bulls: Jimmy Butler (SF)
Cavaliers: LeBron James (basketball player)
Pistons Stan Van Gundy (quotable speaker)

Heat: Pat Riley (God walking among us)
Hawks: Mike Budenholzer (The guy that does the things Popovich does)
Wizards: John Wall (PG)
Hornets: Kemba Walker (PG, ish)
Magic: Somebody, maybe Ibaka (basketball player?)

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My take
Oct 19th 2016

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Wed Oct-19-16 04:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "My take"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-19-16 04:14 PM by SoulHonky

- Celtics: Brad Stevens - Although increasingly, Isaiah Thomas is the face of the franchise, especially amongst other players. But it's still Brad's squad.
- NY Knicks: 'Melo. Maybe it SHOULD be Zingis's but it's 'Melo's team until he's gone.
- Raptors: Kyle Lowry. No brainer.
- BK Nets: Brook Lopez. Not only does the team go only so far as Brook's frail feet take them but he's their only real trade asset. It's not Marks's team until he has some assets or picks to work with IMO. In fact, I'd say it's Kenny Atkinson's team before Marks's.

- 76ers: Joel Embiid - Pretty much. As goes Embiid... but there's as much of an argument as Colengelo because he's the guy who has to sort out the center glut.
- Pacers: Larry Bird - Larry made his mark by getting rid of Vogel and I wouldn't put it past him to deal blow it up if things go south.
- MIL Bucks: Giannis - No brainer.
- Bulls: John Paxson - Paxson probably has more sway with the owner than Gar Forman so I put him. Butler was on the block this offseason, they dealt Rose, let Noah walk, signed Wade and Rondo. And they really could do just about anything at anytime, including deal Butler.
- Cavaliers: LeBron James - As the kids say, obvy.
- Pistons: Stan Van Gundy - It's tough. If there was a Drummond and Stan fight, would the ownership stick with Stan? Not sure but I'll go with Van Gundy for now.

- Heat: Pat Riley - Yep.
- Hawks: Mike Budenholzer - Yep.
- Wizards: Ernie Grunfeld - I'm not blaming this mess of a roster on anyone but Ernie.
- Hornets: Kemba Walker - I guess.
- Magic: Rob Henigan - He was the man with the alleged plan. He rides for Elfrid. He dealt Dipo for Ibaka. He signed Biyombo and put Vooch's place on the roster in question. This is all his team. Not sure how you could argue anyone else at this point. Maybe Vogel makes it his own but gotta say this is Henigan's mess right now.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2571112 Previous topic | Next topic