Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2559095

Subject: "Tim Tebow pursues pro baseball career (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22276 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 07:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tim Tebow pursues pro baseball career (swipe)"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/09/tim-tebow-turns-his-attention-to-baseball/

Tim Tebow hasn’t reached the same heights in professional football that Michael Jordan reached in professional basketball, but that doesn’t mean he can’t steal a page from Jordan’s book when it comes to unexpected second acts in sports.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Tebow is “actively pursuing a career in professional baseball” and plans to hold a workout, shirtless and rainy or otherwise, for major league teams later this month. Tebow, who resisted any and all calls to change his football position, has been training in Arizona and California.

Tebow will also be turning 29 later this month, which is a late start date for a career on the diamond but it’s not the first time that the prospect of Tebow wielding a bat has come up. Tebow hit .494 as a high school junior and some veteran baseball scouts said he would have been drafted coming out of high school if he had played his final year, but Tebow was off to Gainesville to pursue gridiron glory in what would have been his final high school semester.

It’s impossible to know what kind of skills Tebow might still have, but his name would probably make a few minor league teams interested in bringing him onboard to test them out in front of paying customers who might not show up to watch more typical aspiring baseball players. Going that route never got Jordan to the big leagues, but he had a bit more to fall back on in his first athletic pursuit.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Tebow is still a story??
Aug 09th 2016
right
Aug 09th 2016
The fucking arrogance. I hope he throws his arm out of socket
Aug 09th 2016
More or less my reaction.
Aug 09th 2016
I can't wait til he fails miserably
Aug 09th 2016
He understands his value in the newscycle. It doesn't matter if he fails...
Aug 09th 2016
Pathetic
Aug 09th 2016
he really loves attention
Aug 09th 2016
Here is what bugs me
Aug 09th 2016
I mean, I get it
Aug 09th 2016
yep...just not sure why it makes people so upset...
Aug 09th 2016
      It's the way he's going about it.
Aug 09th 2016
           *shrug*
Aug 09th 2016
           Yes, and we can *also* call him arrogant.
Aug 09th 2016
           fair enough...I still think that's on the teams, not him
Aug 09th 2016
ITWAN (c)FSPod
Aug 09th 2016
LOL at this legitimately bothering anyone
Aug 09th 2016
man ppl really hate him for no reason lol.
Aug 09th 2016
Adam Jones got jokes:
Aug 09th 2016
TEBOW ON THE MAINLINE! HR on first pitch in first pro at bat.
Sep 28th 2016
AND HE RAN AROUND THE BASES FAST AS FUCK.
Sep 28th 2016
lol
Sep 28th 2016
lol...Scott Rolen was like "that's too fast, Bro!!!!"
Sep 28th 2016
wow... maybe there is a God after all lol
Sep 28th 2016
      he just got Tebow's calling wrong the first time around.
Sep 28th 2016
This NIGGA is HEALING MUHPHUCKAS IN THE STANDS!
Oct 11th 2016
Dude might be the messiah the Jews are waiting for
Oct 11th 2016
lol
Oct 12th 2016
I am about to CAST ASIDE MY LIFE and follow this man.
Oct 12th 2016
Can he put his hand on WRights back and MAtz elbow, shoulder, etc.
Oct 12th 2016

Beezo
Charter member
27538 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 07:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Tebow is still a story?? "
In response to Reply # 0

Amazing. Must be a slow day in the news world

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4542 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 07:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "right"
In response to Reply # 1

i thought we were done with tebow talk

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22247 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 08:13 AM

3. "The fucking arrogance. I hope he throws his arm out of socket"
In response to Reply # 0

And that it smacks him in his own face. Tim Tebow professional football washout wants to play baseball. He's gonna hold a workout for major league team. Meanwhile Michael Jordan arguably the greatest hooper of all time "discreetly" went and played farm league and tried to earn it like everyone else.
Tim Tebow isn't going to try outs. He's not joint a farm league, triple A, nah.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16151 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 10:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "More or less my reaction."
In response to Reply # 3

cantball
Charter member
46630 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 09:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I can't wait til he fails miserably"
In response to Reply # 0

He may as well have spoken at Trumps convention

<================== Learn the name now before everyone gets dunked on

Castro
Charter member
50725 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 10:06 AM

6. "He understands his value in the newscycle. It doesn't matter if he fails..."
In response to Reply # 0

It adds to his public narrative and he'll get paid.

------------------
One Hundred.

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 10:26 AM

7. "Pathetic"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 11:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "he really loves attention"
In response to Reply # 0

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 11:55 AM

9. "Here is what bugs me"
In response to Reply # 0

The fact teams are going to entertain this. I could see a low Class A team doing this to get fans in the seats but will he go to low Class A?

I want them to bring in some mediocre Class A dude and just throw him a couple curves it will be game, set, match. Newsflash - hitting is hard as fuck.

I haven't picked up a bat in two years. Let me get back into game shape and I'd look better than dude at a tryout. This is a joke!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44687 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 12:12 PM

10. "I mean, I get it"
In response to Reply # 0

The guy has spent, conservatively, over half his life pursuing his athletic dreams. And then to discover that at age 26, despite all the hype and the awards and the accolades, that he was no longer good enough to really compete at professional level. That has to really, really suck. Just like it sucks for the dozens of guys who have to retire from the NFL at a young age every year under similar circumstances.

However unrealistic it is (and it's EXTREMELY unrealistic), dude probably believes that he still has something to offer athletically and can still compete at the highest level in some sport. So, whatever. He'll try this, won't make the cut, and go back to making his money as CFB analyst and the lecture/motivational speaker circuit.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Dstl1
Charter member
56187 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 12:37 PM

12. "yep...just not sure why it makes people so upset..."
In response to Reply # 10
Tue Aug-09-16 12:41 PM by Dstl1

like...who among us wouldn't pursue a passion of ours if we had the ability to do so? You wanna be mad because teams are gonna go see him? Be mad at the teams. If you used to do programming and decided to give it another shot and was able to get an audience with the best programming companies in your city (I'm using these terms loosely, btw)...wouldn't you?

*and by "you", I don't mean you, Hood. Just, in general.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Buck
16151 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:25 PM

13. "It's the way he's going about it."
In response to Reply # 12

Rather than attending an open tryout somewhere, or catching on with an independent league team, in the middle of the baseball season he declares he's gonna hold his own special Tebow day and invite major league teams to come watch.

It's "I'm Tim Tebow and I get special treatment."

So yeah, fuck him.

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4542 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:27 PM

14. "*shrug*"
In response to Reply # 13

be mad at the teams going to watch him

Buck
16151 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:32 PM

16. "Yes, and we can *also* call him arrogant."
In response to Reply # 14

>be mad at the teams going to watch him

See how that works?

Dstl1
Charter member
56187 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:32 PM

15. "fair enough...I still think that's on the teams, not him"
In response to Reply # 13

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 12:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "ITWAN (c)FSPod"
In response to Reply # 0

If this dude don't get out of the news. I'm tired of the gracious, fake humble, media whore.

Just go away.

Terrelle Pryor was told he couldn't be a qb anymore, he went and learned another position.

You know how many other qbs flame out? I mean mega athletic qbs. You think people would care if Tyrod Taylor was bobsledding? No.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

3xKrazy
Charter member
21576 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:51 PM

17. "LOL at this legitimately bothering anyone"
In response to Reply # 0

let the man do his thing. if you don't like it, don't watch the 24/7 coverage.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:58 PM

18. "man ppl really hate him for no reason lol."
In response to Reply # 0

or at least no reason of his own doing

<--- Big Baller World Order

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Tue Aug-09-16 01:58 PM

19. "Adam Jones got jokes:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/SimplyAJ10/status/763063936614707204

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Castro
Charter member
50725 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:48 AM

20. "TEBOW ON THE MAINLINE! HR on first pitch in first pro at bat."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-28-16 11:56 AM by Castro

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-hit-a-home-run-in-his-first-professional-at-bat-163901763.html

New York Mets outfielder Tim Tebow’s baseball career has barely even begun and he’s already a legend. The former quarterback turned outfielder hit a home run on the first pitch he saw as a professional baseball player

Yep, you can’t write a better script than that. The blast came during Tebow’s first game in the instructional league. Prior to Wednesday, Tebow had taken part in intrasquad games against his Mets’ teammates, but this was the first time he faced another club.

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50725 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:50 AM

21. "AND HE RAN AROUND THE BASES FAST AS FUCK."
In response to Reply # 20

PLAYING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY.

------------------
One Hundred.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59128 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 01:06 PM

22. "lol "
In response to Reply # 21

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56187 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 01:52 PM

23. "lol...Scott Rolen was like "that's too fast, Bro!!!!""
In response to Reply # 21

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32079 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:10 PM

24. "wow... maybe there is a God after all lol "
In response to Reply # 20

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12488 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:21 PM

25. "he just got Tebow's calling wrong the first time around."
In response to Reply # 24

Castro
Charter member
50725 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 10:37 PM

26. "This NIGGA is HEALING MUHPHUCKAS IN THE STANDS!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-tends-to-fan-who-had-a-seizure-after-his-baseball-game-010018325.html

Tim Tebow, the ex-quarterback turned New York Mets minor-leaguer, may have performed a miracle Tuesday, and no, it has nothing to do with his attempt at a baseball career.

Following Tebow’s Arizona Fall League debut, the outfielder reportedly came to the aid of a man who suffered a seizure. Tebow reportedly placed his hands on the man and said a prayer before emergency personnel arrived on the scene.

Tebow signing autographs. Fan has what looks like seizure. Not moving. Tebow puts hand on him and says a prayer. Man breathes. WOW.

The whole thing sounds pretty surreal given Tebow’s reputation, right? But there’s evidence that the whole thing took place.

Tim Tebow an amazing individual. Tends to a man who had a seizure

This went further than a prayer. After the man regained consciousness, Tebow sat and talked with him for 15 minutes, according to USA Today. Tebow comforted the man, telling him paramedics are “going to take good care of you, buddy.” In an amusing twist, the man turned out to be a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan. Tebow attended the University of Florida, one of Georgia’s biggest rivals.

The fire department arrived at the park to help the man who had the seizure. There’s been no update on his condition.

Amazingly, this is not the first time Tebow has come to the aid of someone in distress. Tebow was reportedly involved in a similar situation in June after a man experienced heart problems on a flight. Tebow comforted the family and prayed with them as the plane prepared to make an emergency landing.

Now, classifying either scenario as a “miracle” falls on the side of hyperbole. But we should acknowledge that Tebow does seem like an individual who cares, and is willing to come to the aid of those in need. No matter how you feel about Tebow, this appeared to be a moment of genuine kindness. It’s tough to be snarky about that.

Tebow’s performance on the field wasn’t as uplifting. The 29-year-old outfielder went 0-for-3, with three groundouts. He also crashed into the outfield wall face-first while trying to catch a fly ball.

His on-field performance may not have been encouraging, but that hardly seems to matter considering what happened after the game.

------------------
One Hundred.

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43347 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 11:29 PM

27. "Dude might be the messiah the Jews are waiting for"
In response to Reply # 26
Tue Oct-11-16 11:30 PM by ShawndmeSlanted

Not fake ass Jesus christ

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

will_5198
Charter member
63070 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 12:08 AM

28. "lol"

fuck it, this guy is too entertaining

--------

Castro
Charter member
50725 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 05:45 AM

29. "I am about to CAST ASIDE MY LIFE and follow this man."
In response to Reply # 28

I am willing to bet even money if he gets called up to the big leagues and plays in New York, he is going to turn Fiji water into Ciroc at Citi Field.

------------------
One Hundred.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59128 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 07:28 AM

30. "Can he put his hand on WRights back and MAtz elbow, shoulder, etc."

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2559095 Previous topic | Next topic