Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2556306

Subject: "UFC sold for 4 BILLION dollars" Previous topic | Next topic
ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43361 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 05:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"UFC sold for 4 BILLION dollars"
Mon Jul-11-16 05:29 PM by ShawndmeSlanted

Dana is gonna stay on as president but Fertitas are out. Interesting Dana had said previously if there was a sale he'd be out. Rogan has said the same.

A helluva come up for the Fertitas.

2 million to 4 billion in 15 years...Christ...

I'm interested to see what changes may come with the new regime

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Am I crazy for thinking they're selling high?
Jul 11th 2016
Its definitely selling high
Jul 11th 2016
eh. live sports/non dvr-able events will continue to become more valuabl...
Jul 12th 2016
      yes to this
Jul 12th 2016

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 05:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Am I crazy for thinking they're selling high?"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure UFC is going to really take it to the next level. Maybe it doesn't have to to match that valuation but I feel like we're seeing a peak here.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43361 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 07:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Its definitely selling high"
In response to Reply # 1

The Fertitas probably wouldnt sell if they were getting exact value.

I think things have plateaued but where i disagree with you is that its hit is peak. Theres still a lot of potential for growth over the next 20 years.

I imagine the owners are speculating on that and the fact they think they have some ideas to move the needle a bit.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Rjcc
Charter member
95021 posts
Tue Jul-12-16 12:01 AM

3. "eh. live sports/non dvr-able events will continue to become more valuabl..."
In response to Reply # 1

I know everyone says cable is dead, and it's on the back nine for sure, but that's probably another ten years and even onthe internet, it's still valuable content.

plus, UFC/MMA has global appeal.

even w/ its struggles/challenges, I also don't know what other league you can buy ownership of at this point that's anywhere close (eSports? but who's the established big dog of that?)

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Tue Jul-12-16 02:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "yes to this"
In response to Reply # 3

>plus, UFC/MMA has global appeal.

Look at the UK. 10 years ago MMA had no big gyms or names fighting out of the UK. Then Michael Bisping on TUF happened. Now it is a hot spot for up and coming talent. You see how crazy it has gotten in Ireland. All it takes is 1 big name and the sport seems to take off in some of these smaller countries. Fighting isnt just a US sport. It is worldwide and they still have plenty of places to take UFC.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2556306 Previous topic | Next topic