Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2551291

Subject: "Pink is the new Process: Sixers offseason " Previous topic | Next topic
bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 09:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Pink is the new Process: Sixers offseason "

We were all scared. Scared that Colangelo and his snake father would steal the ship straight towards mediocrity. These fears intensified yesterday when the Danny Ainge bullshit propaganda machine said we were trading the Liberty Bell yesterday.

And then this: 18x597/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49759499/timothe-luwawu-016.0.0.jpg" target="_blank">https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Jx1qGFNsvQO-BS-OmhY_hqxK84E=/0x8 18x597/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49759499/timothe-luwawu-016.0.0.jpg

MEGA LEKS BITCH.

Granted, they could trade LuGAWDwu and Furkan.2 later today in a way that could piss me off, but RIGHT TODAY I am feeling 1000 percent more optimistic about the post Process era.

Oh, and we got the new Penny. THIS STARTS NOW.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I am excited about Simmons and like that we swung big w/24 and 26
Jun 24th 2016
veterans are coming
Jun 24th 2016
      That deal would make me very angry.
Jun 24th 2016
Not bad at all...
Jun 24th 2016
Nabbing those two guys with the late picks was huge IMO
Jun 24th 2016
Doubt that...
Jun 24th 2016
      I was joking.
Jun 24th 2016
           Sixers fan PTSD
Jun 24th 2016
hinkie the moe greene of this shit.
Jun 24th 2016
+1
Jun 24th 2016
he already has a sign.
Jun 24th 2016
nice
Jun 25th 2016
I missed it. Are these euro's showing up this year or what?
Jun 25th 2016
These guys unlikely. Saric, probably.
Jun 25th 2016
The French homie who I'll refer to as Wawa Buckets might
Jun 25th 2016
Korkmaz's buyout probably keeps him in Europe at least 1 year.
Jun 25th 2016
Anyone else HYPED @ the awesome fail that is Sac-Town?
Jun 25th 2016
Rondo just went there to show he could still play. He's out.
Jun 25th 2016
      I could see Kings wildly overpaying Rondo.
Jun 25th 2016

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 09:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I am excited about Simmons and like that we swung big w/24 and 26"
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe I'd have taken Skal with 26 but there is a reason dozens of GMs passed on him. This is starting to look like a real roster, kinda, sorta. I wouldn't be surprised to see more trades in the days to come and also after the FA dust begins to settle. Once the big names are off the market, teams will still have space left.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 09:54 AM

2. "veterans are coming"
In response to Reply # 1

I kinda feel like nerlens and stuff for ariza and Beverly is still going to happen. I really don't love if we keep Jah over Nerlens, and I'll be Raging Shelly if we include too much else in the deal, especially luwawau. That dude has 3 and D written all over him, and that's a conservative estimate.

But anyway, I'm down with adding real NBA players to help the Chosen One grow. Plus Beverly is a dirty dog who philly will adore

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 10:13 AM

3. "That deal would make me very angry."
In response to Reply # 2

Bev and Ariza? Hell nah. We need guys who have at least a shot at figuring into the future. I wonder if Boston's No. 3 was really on the table. I suspect they wanted too much.

gmltheone
Member since Jun 11th 2003
8564 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 10:19 AM

4. "Not bad at all..."
In response to Reply # 0

One or maybe both bigs will get traded. We'll add some "veteran" dudes after summer league.

Just glad we didn't get boned in a panic trade during the draft. Wanted to trade 24 and 26 for something, then I saw 10-20 became a shitshow and wanted to keep them. Figured we could get a wing prospect out of it and thought we would have to add Dejounte Murray as part of the Klutch Sports tax. We ended up with two decent prospects.

Wasn't high on any of the Pg's after Baldwin. We dodged a bullet passing.

They only thing that really matters is if Ben Simmons is what we think he is.
----------------------------
Same as it ever was!

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 10:29 AM

5. "Nabbing those two guys with the late picks was huge IMO"
In response to Reply # 0

Granted, they could be all Euro hype but I think one of them should pan out to be a legit player.

I feel like they could have bought a second round pick to nab a point guard but still, a great first draft.

I'm sure Hinkie would have drafted Simmons, Skal, and Diallo.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

gmltheone
8564 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 10:51 AM

6. "Doubt that..."
In response to Reply # 5

>I'm sure Hinkie would have drafted Simmons, Skal, and Diallo.

He took BPA. To a detriment, but he has. Whether oak was better than zingis is horse that was beaten to death already. Most of his project picks were 2nd rounders and UDFA's. Richaun Holmes, Jeremy Grant, KJ Mcdaniel, etc...

Same as it ever was!

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 01:41 PM

7. "I was joking."
In response to Reply # 6

OKPs gotten very literal in 2016.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

gmltheone
8564 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 01:57 PM

8. "Sixers fan PTSD "
In response to Reply # 7

LOL It's cool.

Same as it ever was!

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 03:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "hinkie the moe greene of this shit."
In response to Reply # 0

when that ship eventually gets righted, it'll be due to the groundwork he laid. and there won't even be a plaque or a signpost with his name.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 03:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "+1"
In response to Reply # 9

great reference.

https://digife.com

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Jun-24-16 03:36 PM

11. "he already has a sign."
In response to Reply # 9

http://m.imgur.com/3Izp1w4?r

He already has a billboard.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/4/25/11501726/sam-hinkie-honored-with-giant-billboard-on-i-95

WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

----
bshelly

guru0509
Charter member
45356 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 12:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "nice"
In response to Reply # 9

>when that ship eventually gets righted, it'll be due to the
>groundwork he laid. and there won't even be a plaque or a
>signpost with his name.

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "I missed it. Are these euro's showing up this year or what? "
In response to Reply # 0

Is the previous euro showing up this year or what?

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 01:52 PM

14. "These guys unlikely. Saric, probably."
In response to Reply # 12

If you believe the European press and his dad, Saric is coming. If you look at the logistics of the money he could make coming this year versus next, he will come next year.

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 06:56 PM

16. "The French homie who I'll refer to as Wawa Buckets might"

They both seem VERY eager to come over & unlike Saric their contracts can get more easily handled.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 09:33 PM

19. "Korkmaz's buyout probably keeps him in Europe at least 1 year."

He's only 18 so that's not a big loss but his buyout is 2 million and the Sixers, by NBA rule, can only offer around 700k to help with that. His rookie scale salary is around 1 million next year so he'd actually be like 300k in the red if he came over next year.

Luwuwu's buyout is less so there's a better shot of him coming out.

As for Saric, who knows? The reports are that he's coming over this year but I felt like we heard the same thing this time last year.

----

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 06:55 PM

15. "Anyone else HYPED @ the awesome fail that is Sac-Town?"
In response to Reply # 0

They managed to one up Boston's ineptitude in the draft as they become the poor man Sixers with too many fucking bigs to piss off the one star big they do have.

And now we may see Rondo bounce outta there too? My lord, seems they REALLY tryna #SuckForTheSwap in the best way ever. Lets steal Seth Curry from them while we at it to speed up "The Process"!!! (/^o^)/

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 08:36 PM

17. "Rondo just went there to show he could still play. He's out."
In response to Reply # 15

And why wouldn't he be?

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 09:26 PM

18. "I could see Kings wildly overpaying Rondo."
In response to Reply # 17

I'd like to see Minny send Rubio over there but not sure what they'd get in return. Rubio for Cauley-Stein seems like selling low on Pretty Ricky. Maybe get a protected pick or something.

Most teams set on their PG or won't want to deal with Rondo. Can't imagine anyone offers more than Sacramento will offer. Memphis and Brooklyn might be interested but don't think they offer a long term deal.

----

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2551291 Previous topic | Next topic