Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2536047

Subject: "Dana Stubblefield charged with raping disabled woman (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dana Stubblefield charged with raping disabled woman (swipe)"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/02/us/former-nfl-player-rape-charge/

Former NFL lineman accused of raping developmentally disabled woman

(CNN)Former NFL defensive lineman Dana Stubblefield has been charged with raping a developmentally disabled woman in his home, the Santa Clara Deputy District Attorney said.

The alleged attack happened in April of 2015, according to prosecutor Tim McInerny.
Authorities say Stubblefield, 45, used the caretaker placement service sittercity.com to arrange an interview for a babysitter. Before the interview, Stubblefield told the alleged victim that he would pay her for the gas, mileage and time it took her to come to the interview.
But officials said that when the 31-year old woman forgot to get the $80 he promised, Stubblefield texted her to return to his home to collect the money. According to McInerny, the sexual assault occurred when the woman went back to Stubblefield's house.
"This was a crime of violence against a vulnerable victim," McInerny said in a press release.

"She was looking for a job and she was unconscionably assaulted."
The victim left Stubblefield's house and went directly to Morgan Hill Police to report the alleged assault.
She underwent a SART exam -- sexual assault response team exam, which is an evidentiary medical exam conducted in sexual assault cases.
A crime lab confirmed DNA obtained from the victim matched that of Stubblefield.
An attorney for Stubblefield said the allegations being made against his client are false and fraudulent.
"Stubblefield is being unfairly targeted due to his celebrity and wealth by someone with full motivation to lie," attorney Ken Rosenfeld said in a statement.
Rosenfeld said a sexual encounter did occur between Stubblefield and the woman, but it was consensual.

"The clear motivation here is money," he said.
Stubblefield "passed a lie detector test and plans to present a full, vigorous defense against these allegations," Rosenfeld said.
Stubblefield spent 11 years in the NFL, playing most of that time for the San Francisco 49ers. He also played for the Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders. He was a three-time Pro Bowler and the 1993 NFL defensive rookie of the year.
Bail has been set at $250,000.
Stubblefield could face up to 16 years in state prison if convicted.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
If this happened a year ago, and she immeadiately went to police
May 03rd 2016
because real life isnt wrapped up in 47 minutes like an SVU episode
May 03rd 2016
      lol it doesn't take 1 year to investigate/arrest/charge someone with rap...
May 03rd 2016
      it doesn't or it shouldn't?
May 03rd 2016
           She implied that 1 year time is some sort of standard. There are plenty
May 03rd 2016
                that's not what she said.
May 03rd 2016
                I didn't imply that at all. I just don't think it's uncommon
May 03rd 2016
                     that's only 4 months later...i don't know the details of the sharper
May 03rd 2016
                          I said they were still investigating the sept 13 incident
May 03rd 2016
                               the san jose cops said the rape kit match's stubby's dna
May 03rd 2016
                                    theres over a year backlog of rape kits in Dallas alone
May 03rd 2016
      Maybe Dick Wolf should run for office.
May 03rd 2016
           *bingo*
May 03rd 2016
welp, here's theory number 1.
May 03rd 2016
thank god there are people like you out there
May 04th 2016
      dude what the hell are you talking about?
May 04th 2016
      it's almost like an involuntary reflex
May 04th 2016
      I'm talking about you playing devil's advocate
May 04th 2016
           You're way off base. I'm trying to figure out why the police
May 04th 2016
      where did he say he agreed with it or that it was his position tho?
May 04th 2016
      he came in hot with skepticism
May 04th 2016
           Where do I show skepticism of the rape occurring?
May 04th 2016
                Don't mind him. He's simple.
May 04th 2016
                sorry if I misread all your questions
May 04th 2016
                     Apology accepted
May 04th 2016
                          well I mean the delay in police bringing charges
May 04th 2016
                               Right which may or may not be true
May 04th 2016
                                    Right
May 04th 2016
      good ol' smuts. Wrong and dumb with a tone of superiority
May 04th 2016
      your hate makes me feel more validated
May 04th 2016
      calling you an idiot when you write idiotic shit isn't hate, idiot.
May 04th 2016
           I know man, I know
May 04th 2016
                What are you 12? We post on the same message board, idiot.
May 04th 2016
                     :-(
May 04th 2016
                          If you feel validated that makes one of us with emotion involved
May 04th 2016
      Lol yup
May 04th 2016
      Jesus
May 04th 2016
Morgan Hill. Nothing good ever happens in Morgan Hill
May 04th 2016

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "If this happened a year ago, and she immeadiately went to police"
In response to Reply # 0

why is he just getting charged now?

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:37 AM

2. "because real life isnt wrapped up in 47 minutes like an SVU episode"
In response to Reply # 1

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:50 AM

3. "lol it doesn't take 1 year to investigate/arrest/charge someone with rap..."
In response to Reply # 2

She outcried immediately. There was evidence at Stubblefield's house and on him that could have been collected. The article doesn't say whether that happened or not. Its reasonable to wonder what happened in the past 13 months.

I'm sure it will be revealed at a point.

This is the first i heard about this accusation. Perhaps you've heard more details about it over the past year.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue May-03-16 09:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "it doesn't or it shouldn't?"
In response to Reply # 3

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue May-03-16 09:25 AM

6. "She implied that 1 year time is some sort of standard. There are plenty"
In response to Reply # 5

of instances where a rape accusation is made and there is some immediate response made by investigators. I'm sure there was and a hopefully justified reason why it took over a year for him to be charged. Those details are missing. I'm curious to know what they were.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue May-03-16 09:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "that's not what she said."
In response to Reply # 6

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

CherNic
37156 posts
Tue May-03-16 09:31 AM

8. "I didn't imply that at all. I just don't think it's uncommon"
In response to Reply # 6

One of Darren's Sharpers accusers filed in Sept 2013 and they were still investigating that when he was arrested on the two separate incidents in January 2014. These things take time

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue May-03-16 09:36 AM

9. "that's only 4 months later...i don't know the details of the sharper "
In response to Reply # 8

incident. All I'm saying is that some details are missing, and i'm curious about those details. What information was gained this week that wasn't there 3 months, 6 months, 9 months ago?

Did they collect evidence at stubblefields home?

I'm sure the prosecutor has already been, or will be asked these questions.

CherNic
37156 posts
Tue May-03-16 10:11 AM

11. "I said they were still investigating the sept 13 incident"
In response to Reply # 9

when he was arrested for the other two. You're getting caught up in minor details.

This guy played in the league when I was like 8 so I have no vested interest. I hope you get your questions answered.

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Tue May-03-16 10:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "the san jose cops said the rape kit match's stubby's dna"
In response to Reply # 11
Tue May-03-16 10:38 AM by Flash80

i'm no forensics expert, but i think that's why people are wondering why it's taken a year.

>This guy played in the league when I was like 8 so I have no
>vested interest.

niner fans like myself, who remember him as a centerpiece of the last super bowl champ team, definitely do.

stubby sat as a analyst on csn bay area for a couple years, and made critical comments about players with transgressions happening under harbaugh, so he's looking like a sanctimonious piece of shit right now.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Tue May-03-16 04:51 PM

14. "theres over a year backlog of rape kits in Dallas alone"
In response to Reply # 12

the majority of the time was probably spent waiting on the DNA

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:50 AM

4. "Maybe Dick Wolf should run for office."
In response to Reply # 2

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Tue May-03-16 09:53 AM

10. "*bingo*"
In response to Reply # 4

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue May-03-16 02:20 PM

13. "welp, here's theory number 1."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/03/dana-stubblefields-lawyer-accuser-is-not-mentally-disabled/

Stubblefield's attorney has implied the D.A. waited more than a year to charge Stubblefield because he wants to run for Attorney General of California and wanted the case to be closer to the election.

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 09:55 AM

15. "thank god there are people like you out there"
In response to Reply # 13

fighting for the truth of defending accused rapists.

less than 10% of all reported rapes result in convictions, despite the fact that false reports happen at the same low rate of any other crime.

But luckily people like you are here to find the truth. Finally, someone is on the side of rich & famous people.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed May-04-16 10:05 AM

16. "dude what the hell are you talking about?"
In response to Reply # 15

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Wed May-04-16 10:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "it's almost like an involuntary reflex"
In response to Reply # 16

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:03 AM

20. "I'm talking about you playing devil's advocate"
In response to Reply # 16

or "searching for the truth" or reflexively not believing a possible rape victim or 'just trying to see what theories could be', as if the most probable explanation isn't the years long back log of DNA analysis in every PD in the country, our nationwide habit of delaying or ignoring rape reports, or just general disdain for people who report rape.

If you actually care about the truth, just wait and read and stop playing devil's advocate or whatever the hell you think you're doing. Otherwise this "I'm just innocently asking questions' nonsense is just that: nonsense.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:10 AM

22. "You're way off base. I'm trying to figure out why the police"
In response to Reply # 20

Waited so long to act when they had pc to investigate the situation/gather more evidence from jump.

It's not to absolve dude in any way.

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Wed May-04-16 10:34 AM

17. "where did he say he agreed with it or that it was his position tho?"
Wed May-04-16 10:36 AM by LegacyNS

he just posted what the lawyer is using as a defense.. We've seen fake & legit rape accusations in the past. Truth will come out eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:06 AM

21. "he came in hot with skepticism"
In response to Reply # 17

Also to clarify your observation: a majority of reported rapes actually happened, identical to reported crimes of every single kind.

this type of 'objective skepticism' when it comes to rape, especially about rich/famous/powerful people is useless, tired and counterproductive.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:11 AM

23. "Where do I show skepticism of the rape occurring?"
In response to Reply # 21

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:22 AM

25. "Don't mind him. He's simple."
In response to Reply # 23

i still blame hip-hop.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:24 AM

26. "sorry if I misread all your questions"
In response to Reply # 23

but all I saw was questioning the situation. People frequently ask those questions when they're really just trying to undermine the alleged victim or imply that something else is going on, as his scumbag lawyer did.

If you were honestly curious, I do apologize and I came in too hot, but the answers as to why rape investigations (let alone prosecutions) can be such a shit show of injustice aren't complicated.

The questions we need to be asking are why so few rapes are reported, why so few are prosecuted, why so few are convicted, why PD's are throwing out rape kits that could be preventing thousands of rapes per year, and why so many of us, men, sports fans, too often take a skeptical eye to rape reports, but accept other crime reports without hesitation.

When I see that it took a year to investigate or bring charges, I see how fucked up our justice system is for this (and so many other things).

Too many other people will see the delay and "wonder" whether she's "just after the money". Or say "some reports are true and some are false" as if the real numbers aren't around 90% true.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:41 AM

32. "Apology accepted"
In response to Reply # 26

Lol this part was all i'm trying to figure out.
>
>When I see that it took a year to investigate or bring
>charges, I see how fucked up our justice system is for this
>(and so many other things).

The below doesn't even make sense in this case bc she went to the police immeadiately

>Too many other people will see the delay and "wonder" whether
>she's "just after the money". Or say "some reports are true
>and some are false" as if the real numbers aren't around 90%
>true.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:56 AM

33. "well I mean the delay in police bringing charges"
In response to Reply # 32

people will assume other motives, like the running for office thing.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:59 AM

34. "Right which may or may not be true"
In response to Reply # 33

But the bottom line was there still was a delay and the police/prosecution will have to answer for that at some point.

Hopefully there's a valid reason and that there was no harm done to the investigation or other potential victims

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 12:04 PM

35. "Right"
In response to Reply # 34

and hopefully that results in criticism/critique of the PD and DA, and not just usual skepticism of the victim.

veritas
37201 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:21 AM

24. "good ol' smuts. Wrong and dumb with a tone of superiority"

i still blame hip-hop.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:25 AM

27. "your hate makes me feel more validated"
In response to Reply # 24

so thank you, again, for keeping my name in your mouth.

veritas
37201 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:27 AM

28. "calling you an idiot when you write idiotic shit isn't hate, idiot."
In response to Reply # 27

Stop being a fucking moron and I'll quit calling you a fucking moron, moron.

i still blame hip-hop.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:29 AM

29. "I know man, I know"
In response to Reply # 28

You follow me, call me names, attack me personally, and strangely never discuss the issue at hand.

But it's definitely not hate. Definitely.

veritas
37201 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:39 AM

30. "What are you 12? We post on the same message board, idiot."
In response to Reply # 29

I "follow you."

No.

You write awful, stupid shit in posts I read, then I read your awful, stupid shit and call you an idiot for writing the awful, stupid shit.

Notice I never reply to posts you originate. Why? Because you're a fucking idiot and I would never intentionally read your drivel.

i still blame hip-hop.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed May-04-16 12:08 PM

36. ":-("
In response to Reply # 30

it's definitely hate, and now you sound mad also.

Only one of us personally attacks the other and name calls like a 5th grader.

You follow me, post nothing but hate, validate my commentary, *and* have nothing to say.

as I say every time you come at me:

thank you.

veritas
37201 posts
Wed May-04-16 01:10 PM

38. "If you feel validated that makes one of us with emotion involved"
In response to Reply # 36

sad, lonely, pathetic emotion.

i still blame hip-hop.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed May-04-16 11:39 AM

31. "Lol yup "
In response to Reply # 24

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Wed May-04-16 12:20 PM

37. "Jesus"

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed May-04-16 10:37 AM

18. "Morgan Hill. Nothing good ever happens in Morgan Hill"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2536047 Previous topic | Next topic