Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2486372

Subject: "Mattingly...fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, I'm out (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 08:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mattingly...fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, I'm out (link)"

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/mlb/story/_/id/13945508/don-mattingly-losangeles-dodgers-parting-ways

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
not his fault..he ran into the mets.
Oct 22nd 2015
...or the Cardinals, or the Cardinals...
Oct 22nd 2015
      lol
Oct 22nd 2015
No surprise here
Oct 22nd 2015
happpy?
Oct 22nd 2015
      Nah, not happy until we win something of note
Oct 22nd 2015
Dusty Baker.....
Oct 22nd 2015
Likely going to the Nationals.
Oct 22nd 2015
      Nah
Oct 22nd 2015
           Who do you want in Washington?
Oct 23rd 2015
                I think I'd go for Dave Martinez
Oct 23rd 2015
Don wasnt that problem they need to blow up that team
Oct 22nd 2015
He Really Wasn't
Oct 22nd 2015
I agree but it was probably time for everyone to move on
Oct 22nd 2015
peace to donnie
Oct 22nd 2015
Agreed. You just can't manage forever with your job security in questio...
Oct 22nd 2015
He wasn't the only problem, but he would make a lot of questionable move...
Oct 22nd 2015
Did he ever cut those sideburns?
Oct 22nd 2015
that didn't take long...Mattingly to the Marlins
Oct 30th 2015
As expected, that job is a major reason for the "mutual parting"
Oct 30th 2015
I'd love to see Gabe Kapler get the Dodgers' manager job...
Oct 30th 2015
Yeah, Gabe!!....
Oct 30th 2017
Dave Roberts gets the gig (link)
Nov 22nd 2015
I'm way down with it
Nov 22nd 2015
wrong spot
Oct 30th 2017

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 09:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "not his fault..he ran into the mets."
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 10:00 AM

2. "...or the Cardinals, or the Cardinals..."
In response to Reply # 1

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Cenario
59181 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 11:38 AM

4. "lol"
In response to Reply # 2

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 11:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "No surprise here "
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

Cenario
59181 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 11:38 AM

5. "happpy?"
In response to Reply # 3

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 01:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Nah, not happy until we win something of note "
In response to Reply # 5

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 12:12 PM

6. "Dusty Baker....."
In response to Reply # 0

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44719 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 02:03 PM

10. "Likely going to the Nationals."
In response to Reply # 6

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 11:16 PM

16. "Nah"
In response to Reply # 10

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Fri Oct-23-15 09:02 AM

17. "Who do you want in Washington?"
In response to Reply # 16

Gardenhire interviewed yesterday, it seems.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Fri Oct-23-15 07:54 PM

18. "I think I'd go for Dave Martinez"
In response to Reply # 17
Fri Oct-23-15 07:58 PM by Call It Anything

But out of the guys who have gotten interviews, I'd prefer Bud Black. He seems to understand that our understanding of baseball has undergone an evolution in the last 20 years. I winced when I heard Dusty Baker lament the disappearance of "RBI men" in today's game on the TBS broadcast. I know that Black utilized defensive shifts while in San Diego and he's comfortable mixing up his line-up based on match-ups.

Matt Williams was a Dusty Baker disciple. Hiring Dusty Baker when people were going ape shit over Matt Williams' bullpen decisions and in-game strategies makes little sense to me. Now Dusty Baker is exponentially better with player relations and could probably work out because guys would play for him and there is enough talent to compete.

But I trust Black's ability to evolve a little more than Baker's. I think with Baker, what you see is what you get. Now and forever. Aroldis Chapman is going to sit in the bullpen on the road until there is a 1-3 run lead because (in the words of the departed Matt Williams) "He's our closer".

From what I can see, for the first time in his managerial career, Bud Black used his closer twice in 2015 in tie games on the road. It's a small thing, but after watching Matt Williams manage like he was reading from a pre-written script, it's enough to give me hope that Bruce Bochy isn't going to be laughing on the bench from the other dug out during a deciding playoff game if Black is pulling the levers.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Don wasnt that problem they need to blow up that team"
In response to Reply # 0

build around the young guys

____

TWITTER : Heinz21st

IG : H_N_Z

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 01:45 PM

8. "He Really Wasn't"
In response to Reply # 7

As a Yankee fan, I'll always ride for Mattingly

He might get a call from DC...that might be a better spot for him

MothershipConnection
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
7498 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 02:22 PM

11. "I agree but it was probably time for everyone to move on"
In response to Reply # 7

Appreciate the success he had here but with the core having come up short the last few years in a row, it was probably best for someone to move on before things got too stale and I think Mattingly sensed that too. Definitely had his tactical shortcomings but I appreciate how he was able to navigate that clubhouse without blowing things up, which easily could have happened. I'm sure they'll bring in someone more analytically inclined in line with the front office, but we'll see how they handle the rest of the parts of the job.

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 02:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "peace to donnie"
In response to Reply # 11

i can't wait for the first interview where he lightweight puts friedman and zaidi on blast.

it's coming.

those guys are just as culpable as the manager for the team's underachievement.

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 03:01 PM

14. "Agreed. You just can't manage forever with your job security in questio..."
In response to Reply # 11

So I believe it when the team said it was a mutual parting.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 02:48 PM

13. "He wasn't the only problem, but he would make a lot of questionable move..."
In response to Reply # 7

From pitching changes to something like having Grandal, who was like 4 for his last 90 or something ridiculously awful, batting 6th in game 5 of the Mets series where sure enough he came up in big spots with runners on multiple times and he was an easy automatic out every time.

So it wasn't Mattingly's fault his all star catcher got hurt and was useless at the plate at that point of the season.....but why the hell would you bat him 6th?

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Thu Oct-22-15 10:15 PM

15. "Did he ever cut those sideburns?"
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Fri Oct-30-15 05:03 AM

19. "that didn't take long...Mattingly to the Marlins"
In response to Reply # 0

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13999854/miami-marlins-hire-don-mattingly-manager

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Fri Oct-30-15 09:44 AM

21. "As expected, that job is a major reason for the "mutual parting""
In response to Reply # 19

Donnie knew the Marlins wanted him, that's been reported since basically mid-season.

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Fri Oct-30-15 05:13 AM

20. "I'd love to see Gabe Kapler get the Dodgers' manager job..."
In response to Reply # 0

been a huge fan of dude for a while. We're the same age and he went to my dream baseball school...Cal State Fullerton. Dude was and still is big into bodybuilding...which is actually how I first heard of him. Not a superstar player, but by all accounts a great teammate and real good guy.

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Mon Oct-30-17 08:16 AM

25. "Yeah, Gabe!!...."
In response to Reply # 20

happy for him. Might become a lightweight Phillies' fan. Dieeasy (c)David Jacoby

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21222460/philadelphia-phillies-hire-gabe-kapler-manager

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Sun Nov-22-15 08:46 PM

22. "Dave Roberts gets the gig (link)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dodgers-dave-roberts-manager-20151106-story.html

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Nov-22-15 08:48 PM

23. "I'm way down with it"
In response to Reply # 22

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Mon Oct-30-17 07:54 AM

24. "wrong spot"
In response to Reply # 22
Mon Oct-30-17 08:16 AM by Dstl1

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2486372 Previous topic | Next topic