Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2462406

Subject: "they got Antonio Gates for PEDs" Previous topic | Next topic
Rjcc
Charter member
94932 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 03:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"they got Antonio Gates for PEDs"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000499903/article/chargers-tight-end-gates-suspended-four-games-for-peds?campaign=Twitter_atn

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Sheldon Richardson, too
Jul 02nd 2015
smh
Jul 02nd 2015
While the Knicks are choking away this offseason, smh
Jul 02nd 2015
gives leonard williiams a chance to slide in and show what he can do
Jul 03rd 2015
Substance abuse, not PEDs
Jul 03rd 2015
      ^^^
Jul 03rd 2015
      Yeah, saw that later
Jul 03rd 2015
dem holistics
Jul 02nd 2015
Damn...i read his statement about it
Jul 02nd 2015
he forgot the working out part
Jul 03rd 2015

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 03:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Sheldon Richardson, too"
In response to Reply # 0

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13188320/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-suspended-four-games-nfl

NFL Thursday?

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Dstl1
Charter member
56187 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "smh"
In response to Reply # 1

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 07:28 PM

5. "While the Knicks are choking away this offseason, smh"
In response to Reply # 1

>http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13188320/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-suspended-four-games-nfl
>
>NFL Thursday?

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "gives leonard williiams a chance to slide in and show what he can do"
In response to Reply # 5

not that it's the greatest situation to start out the season but if williams can play up to his talent level (even allowing for a typical rookie learning curve) they should be able to hold down the fort fairly well (also assuming wilkerson's contract situation is resolved by then)

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 09:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Substance abuse, not PEDs"
In response to Reply # 1

i.e., weed

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:07 AM

8. "^^^ "
In response to Reply # 6

>i.e., weed
>

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:30 AM

9. "Yeah, saw that later"
In response to Reply # 6

I think Gates was the only one who tested positive for a PED

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 03:19 PM

2. "dem holistics"
In response to Reply # 0

cmon

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 07:24 PM

4. "Damn...i read his statement about it"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-02-15 07:27 PM by Selassie I God

claims he took something that he didn't know contained a banned substance. (Not sure that I believe that, but...)

He did claim and accept full responsibility though, so I guess I'll only be mad for four weeks. Hopefully Ladarius Green is ready to step up.

STATEMENT FROM ANTONIO GATES
"In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails. I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and I have never knowingly ingested a substance that was banned by the NFL. In an effort to recover from this past season, I used supplements and holistic medicines, and unfortunately, I have now learned that those substances always present a risk because they may contain banned substances even if the ingredient list doesn’t reflect them. As an NFL veteran and team leader, I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I understand that I am responsible for what is in my body and I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues. I take full responsibility for my actions. I’d like to express my sincere apologies to the Chargers, my teammates, coaches, fans and the league who have always supported me and expected and gotten nothing but the highest level of integrity from me."

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4380 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 06:34 PM

10. "he forgot the working out part"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2462406 Previous topic | Next topic