Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2449262

Subject: "Dirty Delly..." Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-15 03:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dirty Delly..."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/matthew-dellavedova-is-a-dirty-player

Matthew Dellavedova is a dirty player

By MIKE FOSS 8 hours ago

Al Horford was ejected for landing an elbow above Matthew Dellavedova’s shoulders in the second quarter of Sunday night’s game between the Atlanta Hawks and the Cleveland Cavaliers after the two became tangled searching for a loose ball.

Horford was assessed a flagrant foul two and Dellavedova was given a technical foul. Horford absolutely deserved an ejection. Dellavedova absolutely deserved a technical foul.

But the controversy comes from Dellavedova’s role in similar events these playoffs. The first when he leg-locked Taj Gibson in the conference semifinals. Gibson’s retaliation earned him an ejection. The second when Dellavedova tangled with Kyle Korver, leaving the latter with season-ending ankle sprain that could require surgery.

Some would defend Dellavedova in all of these incidences. LeBron James ardently supported his teammate during Sunday night’s press conference.

“Are we going to talk about us trying to win basketball games or about those guys trying to figure out a way that Matthew Dellavedova is this type of … this guy, he works his tail off every single day,” James said. “He beats the odds, and he comes to play as hard as he can every single night. If they’re focused on Delly, then they’re focused on the wrong thing.

“I’m a little bit off about it because this is my guy, this is my teammate, and this is a guy that goes out and works his tail off every single night, and people are trying to give him a bad rap. He doesn’t deserve it, and I don’t like it.”

James is wrong.

Dellavedova does deserve a bad rap because Dellavedova is a dirty player.

There are plenty of guys who work their tails off in the NBA. They wouldn’t be in the NBA if they didn’t work their tails off. You are capable of working hard and also playing fairly.

No one is contesting Dellavedova’s work ethic. He hustles. But to say that these are just a series of unfortunate events is naive at best. This isn’t Rudy 2. This is a guy who doesn’t know the line and is risking other players’ careers. And what no one is considering is the fact that this is just the third time TV cameras and audiences have noticed Dellavedova mixing it up with opponents. Does anyone really believe he isn’t bringing his unique brand of “hustle” to his game off the ball?

If LeBron was playing against Dellavedova rather than with him, you, I, LeBron, and everyone else who has ever watched an NBA game knows that James would be livid after what has transpired these past three games.

Is Dellavedova intentionally trying to hurt players? When you launch yourself at the knees of your opponents, or leg-lock someone as they are trying to get up, what else are you hoping to achieve?

I wonder how LeBron feels about Kelly Olynyk’s hustle against Kevin Love in the first round of the playoffs.

There’s plenty of room for players to scrap and hustle, and even get chippy during the playoffs. But that’s not what Dellavedova is doing. It isn’t gamesmanship. It’s dirty, and there’s no way around it.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
If our worlds newspaper of record says it
May 25th 2015
I think it may be an Aussie thing
May 25th 2015
      Aussie plays are some fucking goons. Word to Bogut.
May 25th 2015
      No, it's a BASKETBALL THING - no way in that split second could
May 25th 2015
rugby player..these hoop niggas soft
May 25th 2015
LOL. Well I guess if all your agendas fail, might as well poast this.
May 25th 2015
What agendas have failed?
May 25th 2015
      "I just don't see how Cleveland can be a contender"
May 25th 2015
           I addressed this in the other post, the current Cavs team is different.....
May 25th 2015
                nope don't wanna hear that plea cop now - when it was announced
May 25th 2015
                RE: nope don't wanna hear that plea cop now - when it was announced
May 25th 2015
                no one?
May 25th 2015
                Truth is correct, though. no one saw those trades coming.
May 26th 2015
                     Nobody saw this coming, either.
Jun 11th 2015
                *This team is less talented than the team originally on paper (injuries)
May 25th 2015
                     RE: *This team is less talented than the team originally on paper (injur...
May 25th 2015
                          RE: *This team is less talented than the team originally on paper (injur...
May 26th 2015
                               FOH, Mo Williams was way better than Delly on that 66-win 08-09 team...
May 26th 2015
                                    I agree with this
May 26th 2015
                                         RE: I agree with this
May 26th 2015
                                              so in conclusion: Both these CLE teams are insufficient to win a title
May 26th 2015
First team All-Annoying NBA. don't see him as dirty though
May 25th 2015
^exactly.
May 25th 2015
I feel like I'm reading about Bruce Bowen
May 25th 2015
yep. Bruce was the NBA version of Rodney Harrison.
May 26th 2015
Clickbait article.
May 25th 2015
I feel like I'm in Bizarro World.
May 26th 2015
The whole 'he's a rugby guy' narrative works against him
May 26th 2015
lol
May 26th 2015
I thought the Taj play was the dirtiest by far, the Korver play...
May 26th 2015
All those plays by themselves aren't that bad.
May 26th 2015
      exactly
May 26th 2015
SMH...scared
May 26th 2015
funny thing is, nobody wants to actually look at that video
May 26th 2015
RE: Dirty Delly...
Jun 10th 2015
neither of them get any sympathy there. they're both dirty.
Jun 10th 2015
this one, he should be suspended
Jun 10th 2015
looks like a shoulder to the booty. folk reaching with that one
Jun 11th 2015
no mention of the illegal screen set on Delly?
Jun 11th 2015
there's all kinds of 'cheating' going on in this series I've stopped pay...
Jun 11th 2015
Green hit him and Delly hit him back
Jun 11th 2015
Jun 11th 2015
I watched that reply about 8 times and Green tried to Flop!
Jun 11th 2015
Did anybody call Ariza a dirty player?
Jun 11th 2015

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "If our worlds newspaper of record says it"
In response to Reply # 0

I

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:11 PM

2. "I think it may be an Aussie thing"
In response to Reply # 1

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Aussie plays are some fucking goons. Word to Bogut. "
In response to Reply # 2

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Mon May-25-15 06:36 PM

13. "No, it's a BASKETBALL THING - no way in that split second could"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon May-25-15 06:36 PM by vee-lover

he intentionally be trying to injure Korver's ankle or Horford's knee

Nor was he any reckless than any other NBA player who dives for a loose ball in the same so-called reckless manner than Delly did in those situations...

Ppl are making entirely too much out of this

grassrootsphilosopher

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:16 PM

3. "rugby player..these hoop niggas soft"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "LOL. Well I guess if all your agendas fail, might as well poast this."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-25-15 04:22 PM by Vex_id

With Olynk, everybody was rushing to his defense and saying it *wasn't* a dirty play, so why is it different here?

In Olynk's instance, he actually clamped down on a dude's arm and applied enough pressure to dislocate the shoulder. Dela has done nothing even remotely close to that.

Was it a dirty play when Taj pushed Dela in the back and dropped him to the floor? Oh, it was only 'dirty' when Dela performed a blind, harmless leg-lock that had no chance of injuring anybody? Dela needs to 'learn' about the brotherhood but Horford coming down w/ an elbow-drop on a dude half his size is a teachable moment?

k.

I mean i get it, dude is scrappy, former rugby-player, has an unkempt beard, is pasty, and reminds you of the dude who barely made varsity but out-hustled all the all-state players.

But dude has done nothing 'dirty' or w/ the intent to injure. He's in people's grill and in their space for sure - but if you look at the horford, korver, and gibson scenarios, he did nothing to hurt anybody. Korver's injury was unfortunate but produce of him standing straight up, it was similar to Howard's own teammate diving for a loose ball and colliding into Howard's straight-stanced leg.

Cats mad. And I love it.

-->

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:18 PM

5. "What agendas have failed?"
In response to Reply # 4

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:25 PM

6. ""I just don't see how Cleveland can be a contender""
In response to Reply # 5

They are one game away from contending for a title.

Wanna get away?

-->

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:52 PM

9. "I addressed this in the other post, the current Cavs team is different....."
In response to Reply # 6
Mon May-25-15 04:54 PM by ThaTruth

from the one that they were expected to have at the start of the season by quite a bit.

Who would've thought that they would be able to "magically" flip the one player they didn't want in Waiters into the 3 players they absolutely needed, a rim protecter, a perimeter defender, and a shooter. I won't go into the full conspiracy theory here but its funny how that all worked out for them.

They weren't going to be contenders relying on people like fragile Andy and old ass retreads like Shawn Marion, Mike Miller and the ghost of Ray Allen which never actually materialized. I have no idea how David Griffin isn't Executive of the Year for reshaping that roster.

#Kang gets his props to for taking his game to still another level.

The funny about the current Cavs team that's he dominanting the Eastern Conference champion Atlanta Hawks with that's missing Love and Kyrie is that its not really that different from the scrappy, defensive-oriented teams he had in Cleveland before when people said he didn't have enough "help".

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Mon May-25-15 05:11 PM

10. "nope don't wanna hear that plea cop now - when it was announced "
In response to Reply # 9
Mon May-25-15 05:12 PM by vee-lover

that the Cavs traded for JR/Shump/Mozgov you and plenty of dudes on here were laughing at the idea of "JR Smith being the problem solver for the Cavs" ("that's who's gonna help them win a championship") and ya'll laughed at the signing of Mozgov, too - no one thought he would fill that void in the middle for the Cavs the way he has...everyone knew him as a punchline for getting dunked on before joining the Cavs

This team isn't that much better (personnel-wise) than the one before the trade - they've just had more time to gel as a team

OE said Waiters was a MUCH BETTER BASKETBALL PLAYER than JR Smith and some of ya'll agreed with that or you thought they were similar type of erratic players...so the only real upgrade was adding Shump off the bench

Varajeo and Mozgov are abt even or Andy might even have the edge overall

>from the one that they were expected to have at the start of
>the season by quite a bit.
>
>Who would've thought that they would be able to "magically"
>flip the one player they didn't want in Waiters into the 3
>players they absolutely needed, a rim protecter, a perimeter
>defender, and a shooter. I won't go into the full conspiracy
>theory here but its funny how that all worked out for them.
>
>They weren't going to be contenders relying on people like
>fragile Andy and old ass retreads like Shawn Marion, Mike
>Miller and the ghost of Ray Allen which never actually
>materialized. I have no idea how David Griffin isn't Executive
>of the Year for reshaping that roster.
>
>#Kang gets his props to for taking his game to still another
>level.
>
>The funny about the current Cavs team that's he dominanting
>the Eastern Conference champion Atlanta Hawks with that's
>missing Love and Kyrie is that its not really that different
>from the scrappy, defensive-oriented teams he had in Cleveland
>before when people said he didn't have enough "help".
>
>

grassrootsphilosopher

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-15 06:59 PM

14. "RE: nope don't wanna hear that plea cop now - when it was announced "
In response to Reply # 10

>that the Cavs traded for JR/Shump/Mozgov you and plenty of
>dudes on here were laughing at the idea of "JR Smith being the
>problem solver for the Cavs" ("that's who's gonna help them
>win a championship") and ya'll laughed at the signing of
>Mozgov, too - no one thought he would fill that void in the
>middle for the Cavs the way he has...everyone knew him as a
>punchline for getting dunked on before joining the Cavs
>
>This team isn't that much better (personnel-wise) than the one
>before the trade - they've just had more time to gel as a
>team
>
>OE said Waiters was a MUCH BETTER BASKETBALL PLAYER than JR
>Smith and some of ya'll agreed with that or you thought they
>were similar type of erratic players...so the only real
>upgrade was adding Shump off the bench
>
>Varajeo and Mozgov are abt even or Andy might even have the
>edge overall

Bottom line what was going to be an old team got younger really fast. Waiters and JR do have similarities but JR is little more mature and more accepting of his role at this point in his career.

And the major difference between Varajao and Mozgov is Mosgov hasn't missed more than 50% of his career games due to injury.

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Mon May-25-15 07:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "no one?"

>ya'll laughed at the signing of
>Mozgov, too - no one thought he would fill that void in the
>middle for the Cavs the way he has...

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2352494&mesg_id=2352494#2353324

Mon Jul-21-14

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue May-26-15 12:28 PM

26. "Truth is correct, though. no one saw those trades coming."

the evaluation was about a team where
Love replaced the Wings of Canada
and Dion Waiters was still an active team member.

now for those of us who actually watched the Cavs while y'all were partying on the Death Star, we knew that the latter situation was toxic. Not even LeBron could salvage it (as we have now learned). We also knew that from watching Love with the T-Wolves, that he was not known for his defense, like Wiggins was. The Cavs were not anything resembling a defensive force before the 2014 season started. To add, the health of Anderson Varejao was always a question. The Cavs gave Andrew Bynum the boot, so they had also-rans and Tristan Thompson as their only bigs. They needed another center.

So the idea that Cleveland was a lock for a title contender would have to SOLELY be planted on the presence of LeBron James. Not everyone is going to do that, especially as the Cavs he came to were a 33 win lottery team.

Also there were some (self included) that doubted JR Smith based on recent history with the Knicks, though Shumpert was (among Cavs fans) someone who came up in discussions for Dion Waiters trades. Both have exceeded expectations.

So, no, this is not a plea cop. Truth's evaluation was fairly reasonable given what we knew at the time.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:50 PM

42. "Nobody saw this coming, either."
In response to Reply # 26
Thu Jun-11-15 12:50 PM by Vex_id

It all depends on what your argument/angle is.

If you said, "the Cavs will win the title in year one, mainly because Lebron James is the Greatest player in the game." <<Well, you were correct - no qualifications needed.

Conversely, if you said "I just can't see this Cavs team competing for a title" when they had a healthy kevin love and kyrie irving, then you cannot go back now and say 'well it's a different team! i didn't know they'd have.....Delly as their 2nd best player!"

You didn't see the Cavs as a contender because you underestimated Lebron James and were planning parties when the Cavs failed to syce your own Kobe agenda.

Let's just be reeeeal. (c) Dej Loaf

-->

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon May-25-15 08:12 PM

16. "*This team is less talented than the team originally on paper (injuries)"
In response to Reply # 9

*this team as is presently comprised in the ECF.

-No Andy V
-No Kyrie
-No Love

So if you didn't think a Cavs team w/ the above 3 guys healthy would contend, there's no way you would say this incarnation of the Cavs in the Conference Finals would contend for a title.

They've overachieved - and only because of Bron's all-time Greatness in his ability to elevate the "next man up's" game.

>The funny about the current Cavs team that's he dominanting
>the Eastern Conference champion Atlanta Hawks with that's
>missing Love and Kyrie is that its not really that different
>from the scrappy, defensive-oriented teams he had in Cleveland
>before when people said he didn't have enough "help".

Exactly -and he didn't have enough help. Name any other star in the league who could've won a title w/ their next best 2 players being Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.

anyone?

-->

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-15 09:08 PM

18. "RE: *This team is less talented than the team originally on paper (injur..."
In response to Reply # 16

>*this team as is presently comprised in the ECF.
>
>-No Andy V
>-No Kyrie
>-No Love
>
>So if you didn't think a Cavs team w/ the above 3 guys healthy
>would contend, there's no way you would say this incarnation
>of the Cavs in the Conference Finals would contend for a
>title.

That's the thing, I KNEW Andy wouldn't stay healthy and they didn't have a backup for him.

>They've overachieved - and only because of Bron's all-time
>Greatness in his ability to elevate the "next man up's" game.
>
>>The funny about the current Cavs team that's he dominanting
>>the Eastern Conference champion Atlanta Hawks with that's
>>missing Love and Kyrie is that its not really that different
>>from the scrappy, defensive-oriented teams he had in
>Cleveland
>>before when people said he didn't have enough "help".
>
>Exactly -and he didn't have enough help. Name any other star
>in the league who could've won a title w/ their next best 2
>players being Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.
>
>anyone?

Are Dirty Delly and Tristan that much better than those two?

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Tue May-26-15 09:55 AM

22. "RE: *This team is less talented than the team originally on paper (injur..."
In response to Reply # 18

>Are Dirty Delly and Tristan that much better than those two?

I would say Delly/JR/Shump as a combo are more effective than those two were.

Tristan is more analogous to Carlito (Andy V). And he does nearly everything Andy does from that position, especially the REBOUNDS.

This team is flat out better than the 2010 Cavs team with Z/EOC Shaq/Mo/Tawn/Delonte/Anthony Parker, etc

and that's w/Love out completely for the playoffs and Kyrie on the sidelines. Add Kyrie and LeBron has all the "help" he needs on paper. Add Love, and that's just an embarrassment of riches. If LeBron had this team in 2010 he would have won a title then. Maybe Miami doesn't happen.

Bench players have exceeded expectations.

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-26-15 10:39 AM

23. "FOH, Mo Williams was way better than Delly on that 66-win 08-09 team..."
In response to Reply # 22

Mo Williams actually made the all-star team that year.
Tristan = Andy is about right
Big Z >>>> Mosgov
Delonte = Shump

bench was hella deep too

>I would say Delly/JR/Shump as a combo are more effective than
>those two were.
>
>Tristan is more analogous to Carlito (Andy V). And he does
>nearly everything Andy does from that position, especially the
>REBOUNDS.
>
>This team is flat out better than the 2010 Cavs team with
>Z/EOC Shaq/Mo/Tawn/Delonte/Anthony Parker, etc

without Kyrie and Love its not

>and that's w/Love out completely for the playoffs and Kyrie on
>the sidelines. Add Kyrie and LeBron has all the "help" he
>needs on paper. Add Love, and that's just an embarrassment of
>riches. If LeBron had this team in 2010 he would have won a
>title then. Maybe Miami doesn't happen.
>
>Bench players have exceeded expectations.

The difference is how Lebron has matured from a leadership standpoint. Back then he was more concerned about just fitting in and being one of the guys. He was still doing all that dancing and silly shit. He was a younger guy on a team with a lot of vets. Now he's 30 playing with almost all younger guys and he doesn't mind getting in somebody's shit if need be but he understands how to balance it and understand that sometimes guys need a kick in the ass and sometimes they need a pat on the back.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Tue May-26-15 12:21 PM

24. "I agree with this"
In response to Reply # 23

>The difference is how Lebron has matured from a leadership
>standpoint. Back then he was more concerned about just fitting
>in and being one of the guys. He was still doing all that
>dancing and silly shit. He was a younger guy on a team with a
>lot of vets. Now he's 30 playing with almost all younger guys
>and he doesn't mind getting in somebody's shit if need be but
>he understands how to balance it and understand that sometimes
>guys need a kick in the ass and sometimes they need a pat on
>the back.

but not that the 2010 team was better. maybe on paper vs. the 2015 Cavs on paper (with Kyrie and Kevin Love's names scratched out).

Z was much better offensively than Mozgov is, even at that stage of his career, I'll give you that. I think Gov Be Helpin' eventually will move into a similar position like Tristan has with Andy.

Mo Williams went supreme NyQuil in the playoffs though, which is not true of Shumpert or JR (or even Delly).

Really, Mo, Delonte, and Boobie Gibson vs the 2 Knicks United For The Eastern Conference and Delly? The latter are worlds better. If Boobie or Delonte could shoot like 2KU could... title before LeBron forms The Triumvirate, and maybe that doesn't even happen.

Also, If LeBron turns into "LeQuil" and goes 0-10 from the field to start the game, like he did on Sunday, against a team like Atlanta, the 2010 Cavs lose by 30+. LeBron has had multiple nights where he starts off on some dogshit these playoffs, and the Cavs have not only won, but in some cases, lead a GUILE.

LeBron's demeanor on the court has changed. Once he was re-established on the team, got familiar with the new guys, and after he cut out "chill mode", he settled into being "the" veteran and leader and adjusted accordingly, applying the experience and knowledge of the game he's gained over all the years. thus we see what we have now. I much prefer this LeBron to 1st term Cavs LeBron and Darth LeBron of the Miami Death Star; the hype seems a lot less shallow than it did back then.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-26-15 12:47 PM

27. "RE: I agree with this"
In response to Reply # 24

>
>but not that the 2010 team was better. maybe on paper vs. the
>2015 Cavs on paper (with Kyrie and Kevin Love's names
>scratched out).
>
>Z was much better offensively than Mozgov is, even at that
>stage of his career, I'll give you that. I think Gov Be
>Helpin' eventually will move into a similar position like
>Tristan has with Andy.
>
>Mo Williams went supreme NyQuil in the playoffs though, which
>is not true of Shumpert or JR (or even Delly).

Mo's playoff numbers were that far off from his regular season numbers and he had a much bigger role as he was the clear #2 man on that team whereas Shump, JR and Delly are all role players
>
>Really, Mo, Delonte, and Boobie Gibson vs the 2 Knicks United
>For The Eastern Conference and Delly? The latter are worlds
>better. If Boobie or Delonte could shoot like 2KU could...
>title before LeBron forms The Triumvirate, and maybe that
>doesn't even happen.

"worlds better"? FOH, lol

>Also, If LeBron turns into "LeQuil" and goes 0-10 from the
>field to start the game, like he did on Sunday, against a team
>like Atlanta, the 2010 Cavs lose by 30+. LeBron has had
>multiple nights where he starts off on some dogshit these
>playoffs, and the Cavs have not only won, but in some cases,
>lead a GUILE.
>
>LeBron's demeanor on the court has changed. Once he was
>re-established on the team, got familiar with the new guys,
>and after he cut out "chill mode", he settled into being "the"
>veteran and leader and adjusted accordingly, applying the
>experience and knowledge of the game he's gained over all the
>years. thus we see what we have now. I much prefer this LeBron
>to 1st term Cavs LeBron and Darth LeBron of the Miami Death
>Star; the hype seems a lot less shallow than it did back then.

as far as that last paragraph I think we are basically in agreement

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Tue May-26-15 04:41 PM

33. "so in conclusion: Both these CLE teams are insufficient to win a title"
In response to Reply # 27

The Mo Williams supporting cast was ass cheeks.

This banged up team plays very hard and is fun to watch, but without Kyrie and Love? Ass.

Only reason these teams are in the Finals is because of Herculean Bath Salt Ravages.

-->

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:33 PM

7. "First team All-Annoying NBA. don't see him as dirty though"
In response to Reply # 0

And as a product of a Bay Area college, I'm not mad at him. Yet.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon May-25-15 08:15 PM

17. "^exactly."
In response to Reply # 7

>And as a product of a Bay Area college, I'm not mad at him.
>Yet.

#a!

-->

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Mon May-25-15 05:23 PM

11. "I feel like I'm reading about Bruce Bowen"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-25-15 05:23 PM by DeepAztheRoot

years later

he was a dirty piece of shit

<-Fear Ameer

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Tue May-26-15 09:29 AM

20. "yep. Bruce was the NBA version of Rodney Harrison."
In response to Reply # 11

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Mon May-25-15 05:46 PM

12. "Clickbait article."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-25-15 05:47 PM by Frank Longo

Disingenuous.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Tue May-26-15 09:29 AM

19. "I feel like I'm in Bizarro World."
In response to Reply # 0

Delly was borderline about to get traded, and a lot of fans were talking about "looking for another backup point guard" earlier this season

He's always been a pest, but in these playoffs... damn.

and now people are calling him a dirty player.

I just can't believe that this is Matthew Dellavedova we're talking about here. At best, he's the beneficiary of some questionable calls.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Tue May-26-15 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "The whole 'he's a rugby guy' narrative works against him"
In response to Reply # 0

I personally think he's a dirtbag since that leg lock he did on Taj, and I don't even like Taj

Scrappy, gritty, hustly guys like Dellavadova are expected to play HONEST, goddammit

I'm not blaming him for the Korver incident but I can definitely see Horford wanting to elbow him into playing less like a total dickhead

Also, definitely not a 'miss' on the elbow, Alfredo cocked back but thought better of it.

Should have been a flagrant 1

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Tue May-26-15 12:23 PM

25. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:30 PM

28. "I thought the Taj play was the dirtiest by far, the Korver play..."
In response to Reply # 0

he went for the dive for the ball and roll for the TO move so many do, a lot are extra mad about that play, I can see both sides... the Horford play he got tripped but that one seemed fair to call dirty

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59176 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:40 PM

29. "All those plays by themselves aren't that bad."
In response to Reply # 28

But the fact that its the same dude and in such quick succession....lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-26-15 03:35 PM

31. "exactly"
In response to Reply # 29

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:41 PM

30. "SMH...scared"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Tue May-26-15 04:39 PM

32. "funny thing is, nobody wants to actually look at that video"
In response to Reply # 30

and assess what happened. Everybody just wants to cling on to hyperbole and say 'BUT HE'S BEEN INVOLVED IN INCIDENTS BEFORE!'

unfathomable retardation.

-->

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 07:07 AM

34. "RE: Dirty Delly..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/did-matthew-dellavedova-take-a-cheap-shot-at-draymond-greens-knees

guru0509
Charter member
45342 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 07:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
35. "neither of them get any sympathy there. they're both dirty."
In response to Reply # 34

k.i.m.

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 07:53 PM

36. "this one, he should be suspended"

He dove at dudes knees. There's absolutely no grey area on this one

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

DJPoke
Member since May 14th 2008
1285 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 02:15 AM

37. "looks like a shoulder to the booty. folk reaching with that one"

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 07:20 AM

38. "no mention of the illegal screen set on Delly? "

K.

-->

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:58 PM

43. "there's all kinds of 'cheating' going on in this series I've stopped pay..."
In response to Reply # 38

jabronis were straight up hoisting Shumpert by the leg on those screens, LOL

jrocc
Charter member
6506 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 08:57 AM

39. "Green hit him and Delly hit him back"

not sure either was dirty and it doesn't look like Delly "went" for the knees. looks like he hit him in the hip/butt.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 09:42 AM

"."
Thu Jun-11-15 09:43 AM by Case_One

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 09:42 AM

40. "I watched that reply about 8 times and Green tried to Flop!"

"Jesus is my Lord and Savior. And if you believe in him, he can be your's too."

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:45 PM

41. "Did anybody call Ariza a dirty player?"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2449262 Previous topic | Next topic