Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2437438

Subject: "Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Underwent Coronary Bypass Surgery (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Underwent Coronary Bypass Surgery (swipe)"

Damn. I'm hoping he recovers quickly.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kareem-abdul-jabbar-underwent-coronary-bypass-surgery/2015/04/17/

On Thursday, Los Angeles Lakers legend Kareem-Abdul Jabbar celebrated his 68th birthday.

However, Abdul-Jabbar was also admitted to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and underwent quadruple coronary bypass surgery. The NBA’s all-time leading scorer is expected to make a full recovery according to Dr. Richard Shemin.

Here is the press release regarding Kareem Abdul-Jabbar undergoing coronary bypass surgery via UCLA Health System:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was admitted to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center this week with cardiovascular disease, and he underwent quadruple coronary bypass surgery on April 16. The operation was performed by Dr. Richard Shemin, UCLA’s chief of cardiac surgery.

Shemin said the surgery was successful and he expects Abdul-Jabbar to make a full recovery.

At this time, Abdul-Jabbar would like to thank his surgical team and the medical staff at UCLA, his alma mater, for the excellent care he has received. He is looking forward to getting back to his normal activities soon.

He asks that you keep him in your thoughts and, most importantly, cherish and live each day to its fullest.

For those wanting to send well wishes, he thanks you in advance and asks that you support those in your own community who may be suffering from various health issues.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Best wishes for a speedy recovery one of the giants of American life
Apr 17th 2015
best wishes to Cap
Apr 17th 2015

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 03:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Best wishes for a speedy recovery one of the giants of American life"
In response to Reply # 0

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 05:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "best wishes to Cap"
In response to Reply # 0

the world is a better place with him in it

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2437438 Previous topic | Next topic