Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2436921

Subject: "April MLB post" Previous topic | Next topic
pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 08:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"April MLB post"

I figured there wouldn't be enough demand for the usual weekly posts but a monthly post might make some sense. Please delete if something similar is out there, I couldn't find anything outside of opening day stuff.

Anyone go to any games in the early going? Went to Red Sox @ Yanks for the Sunday night game and it was actually pretty empty for those two teams. The bleachers were loud and the rest of the stadium was damn near silent. I've noticed fatigue for this rivalry in recent years (19 times a year with ESPN selling each game as "do or die" will do that), but nothing like this. It was really eerie.

Got an MLB.TV subscription for the first time and its been pretty lovely.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Went to opening day for the Rays (vs. Baltimore)
Apr 16th 2015
Kevin Kiermaier is really good at catching fly balls
Apr 16th 2015
      If only there were a fantasy league that valued him properly*
Apr 16th 2015
      Travis d'Arnaud got called for a CI on Tuesday
Apr 16th 2015
           missed opportunity on my part
Apr 17th 2015
                Ha
Apr 17th 2015
      Because one Kevin is not enough
Apr 16th 2015
      That boy good
Apr 30th 2015
      The Outlaw! I like that kid a lot.
Apr 16th 2015
Introducing Yung Joc, your 2015 ROTY
Apr 16th 2015
I went to 2 baseball games last week.
Apr 16th 2015
cool.
Apr 16th 2015
      I am going Saturday and Tuesday as well.
Apr 16th 2015
           awesome.
Apr 16th 2015
                Glad you're pumped.
Apr 16th 2015
                     be right there.
Apr 16th 2015
kris bryant debuts tomorrow-
Apr 16th 2015
That should be fun
Apr 17th 2015
Let’s Watch Kris Bryant Do Something Amazing (swipe)
Apr 22nd 2015
Devon Travis.
Apr 17th 2015
dejesus almost fucked him up last night-
Apr 17th 2015
I need help with the Padres/Braves trade
Apr 17th 2015
RE: I need help with the Padres/Braves trade
Apr 17th 2015
Why wouldn't the White Sox challenge that?
Apr 17th 2015
Robin Ventura is awesome. Can they extend him please.
Apr 17th 2015
He took too long to challenge
Apr 17th 2015
      makes more sense, but his replay team should be fired n/m
Apr 20th 2015
           What replay did his team watch?
Apr 20th 2015
And A-Rod sets the bar for longest HR of 2015
Apr 17th 2015
juicing.
Apr 18th 2015
watching Jason Heyward play in Bush Stadium brings...
Apr 18th 2015
carlos rodon debuts tomorrow-
Apr 19th 2015
omg rangers
Apr 19th 2015
no excuse for that many walks-
Apr 19th 2015
      thats just feliz
Apr 19th 2015
This Dodgers team is the most balanced Dodger team I can remember
Apr 19th 2015
Jeff Francouer hit clean-up for the Phillies today.
Apr 19th 2015
Utley can barely crack .100 and was out of the lineup. Howard is trash
Apr 19th 2015
Utley's had a lot of bad luck so far
Apr 19th 2015
I didn't know he was still in the league
Apr 20th 2015
guess Cruz is still juicin, too? Some dudes can just hit.
Apr 19th 2015
Melky is
Apr 20th 2015
Haven't seen this before
Apr 20th 2015
This happens at least once a year
Apr 20th 2015
      lol...couldn't believe SC made such a big deal of it
Apr 20th 2015
Reds Manager Bryan Price Unfurls A Gem
Apr 20th 2015
Damn
Apr 20th 2015
yanks some how ended april in 1st
May 01st 2015

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 11:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Went to opening day for the Rays (vs. Baltimore)"
In response to Reply # 0

The Rays looked horrible. I know it's early in the season and we have a ton of new guys. It's gonna take a second for everyone to find their groove. But I had visions of the whole season looking as bad as that first game.

However, they've started looking much better. They handled Miami and have taken 2 of 4 so far against Toronto while swinging the bat pretty well. The Joe Maddon era was marked by a distinct lack off offense but this team has been hitting pretty well the past 5-6 games.

And they're running too. Desmond Jennigs already has 4 steals. I think Maddon had gotten away from that.

Right now, I feel like we're right in the thick of things to take the AL East.

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 11:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Kevin Kiermaier is really good at catching fly balls"
In response to Reply # 1

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 11:46 AM

3. "If only there were a fantasy league that valued him properly*"
In response to Reply # 2

*regrettably, in spite of my best intentions, I'm not talking about ours. though i did kick around the idea this winter of making everybody field three outfielders - all centerfielders. that would maybe help.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 11:52 AM

4. "Travis d'Arnaud got called for a CI on Tuesday"
In response to Reply # 3

He was in somebody's line-up. That could have been so relevant

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 05:24 PM

22. "missed opportunity on my part"
In response to Reply # 4

you were right. that would have been kind of awesome.

next year, maybe.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 05:32 PM

23. "Ha"
In response to Reply # 22

I was half-joking. I do kind of like the 3 CFs though as a work around for leveraging corner OF eligibility for infield POs. Just eyeballing it, there are at least 75 guys who have CF eligibility and at least 95% of them are true OFs. I enjoy the Wabi-sabi aspect of it all though. There are loop holes and leverages to be had.

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 12:25 PM

6. "Because one Kevin is not enough"
In response to Reply # 2

Kevin Pillar has looked pretty good on defense so far as well, more than just the catch yesterday

Pleasant surprise overall, not bad for the 979th pick

<-Fear Ameer

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Thu Apr-30-15 07:53 PM

47. "That boy good"
In response to Reply # 6

Marbles
22290 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 01:08 PM

8. "The Outlaw! I like that kid a lot."
In response to Reply # 2

Some of his catches make me think about Ryan Freel (RIP).

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 11:55 AM

5. "Introducing Yung Joc, your 2015 ROTY"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-16-15 12:14 PM by bentagain

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31392

30 and 30 last year in the minors (in only 120 games)

...last night...

diving catch
runner thrown out at the plate
stolen base (negated by coming off the bag, which is going to be a thing this year)

a little early to make conclusions about hitting in the big leagues (3 BB last night)

but this kid looks like the real deal.

I can't understand why Mattingly had him hitting at the bottom of the lineup

especially with Puig out

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 12:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I went to 2 baseball games last week. "
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

pretentious username
12493 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 01:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "cool."
In response to Reply # 7

Ceej
66746 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 01:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "I am going Saturday and Tuesday as well."
In response to Reply # 9

pretentious username
12493 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 02:26 PM

11. "awesome."
In response to Reply # 10

Ceej
66746 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 02:27 PM

12. "Glad you're pumped."
In response to Reply # 11

you should come.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 02:27 PM

13. "be right there."
In response to Reply # 12

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17857 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 08:59 PM

14. "kris bryant debuts tomorrow-"
In response to Reply # 0

shocker.

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 11:25 AM

17. "That should be fun"
In response to Reply # 14

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 07:55 PM

46. "Let’s Watch Kris Bryant Do Something Amazing (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 14

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-watch-kris-bryant-do-something-amazing/

Let’s Watch Kris Bryant Do Something Amazing
by Jeff Sullivan - April 22, 2015

Out of all the reasons I enjoy baseball, I think mainly it’s about watching people do things few other people can do. Granted, that applies to the whole sport itself — every single player in the major leagues is absolutely fantastic. But I get particularly charged up by the freaks, and by the freak events. I love Felix Hernandez‘s changeup because there just isn’t another one like it. I love Aroldis Chapman‘s fastball because there just isn’t another one like it. Mike Trout clobbers baseballs other guys don’t clobber. Andrelton Simmons gathers baseballs other guys don’t gather. Everybody we watch is several standard deviations above the mean. And then to see things several standard deviations above that? I watch to be amazed, and players remain amazing.

Kris Bryant was just called up, as you know. He’s without question an elite-level prospect and he might be, with some question, an elite-level player. One thing we know is he possesses an elite-level skill, in his ability to hit for consistent power. Not every player in the league is capable of doing truly extraordinary things. Bryant, though, shot up prospect lists because he is capable. And Tuesday night, we got our first major-league glimpse. In the first inning of a game against the Pirates, Kris Bryant did something amazing. Let’s watch and discuss.

You know I’m going to have .gifs to embed, but if you’d prefer to watch video, here’s a link to the highlight on Cubs.com. What happened: Bryant hit a double, against Francisco Liriano. That, on its own, isn’t amazing, although in some sense it really is. But anyway, here’s a full-speed visual:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bryant-double-swing-1.gif

And now here’s a slowed-down swing, from a slightly off-center angle:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bryant-double-swing-2.gif

You see pretty good balance, and a compact yet powerful swing. Bryant keeps his hands at or above his waist, and he really dips his right shoulder in order to get a more vertical swing plane against the pitch in question. The ball flies away to the opposite field. We’re going to get to that.

Freeze-frame! Liriano’s pitch target:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/liriano-bryant-1.png

The goal was clearly to bust Bryant inside with a fastball. And though the location was slightly missed, Liriano did bust Bryant inside with a fastball. This is one of the Pirates’ team pitching philosophies, and Bryant was already behind in the count 0-and-1. The Pirates know he has swing-and-miss tendencies, and they know you can get in under his hands. That’s a statement that applies to everybody, but, anyway.

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/liriano-bryant-2.png

Basically, the moment of contact. You can see the angle at which Bryant has arranged his shoulders. The pitch is located a little above Bryant’s knees, but more importantly, it’s also inside, and inside off the plate. Part of the baseball might’ve scraped the inner black, but that’s a certifiably inside pitch. That’s just about what Liriano wanted to throw. He wasn’t expecting this:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/liriano-bryant-3.png

The ball did hit off the fence on the fly. It was the lower part of the fence, so it wasn’t mere inches away from being a dinger, but that’s a powerful shot to right-center, right next to a measurement that very helpfully reads “375”. I’m going to pull an image from the ESPN Home Run Tracker and estimate where this baseball wound up:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bryant-pnc-overlay.png

Still pulling, from other places. This time, I’m going to pull from MLBFarm.com. Shown below, Bryant’s minor-league spray chart from the full 2014 season:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bryant-spray-2014.png

Perhaps Bryant’s most remarkable skill is his ability to hit for power to the opposite field. Anyone who scouted him would’ve been able to see that strength, and though Bryant also proved he was able to turn on pitches when he needed to, he showed true all-fields power, which is uncommon in a prospect. It’s uncommon in a major-league vet. A hitter who can hit for power to all fields in the minors seems to stand a good chance of being able to hit for power in the majors.

But it’s one thing to hit with power the other way. It’s another thing to hit that pitch with power the other way. That’s where this gets really astonishing. I’m going to use Bill Petti’s Interactive Spray Chart Tool. What you see below: pitches in similar locations thrown to righties between 2010 and just the other day. All pitch types are included; I didn’t see a reason to specify fastballs.

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/spray-tool-pitch-location.png

Okay. So. Where did those pitches get hit?

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/spray-tool-hit-location.png

Plenty of pull-side power, as you’d expect. Also plenty of pull-side non-power, as you’d expect. And there’s practically nothing hit with authority the other way. Oh, there are balls hit to the opposite field, but not many of them, and not many hit far and hard. You start to see a little more as you approach center field, but as you focus on right-center, it’s really about one dot. It’s one dot, then you have some fly outs.

That dot: a Matt Kemp homer from 2012.

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/kemp-dodger-stadium.png

The pitch Kemp hit out:

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/kemp-2012.png

Pretty good. But, oh, we’re not done. Kemp’s fly ball hung up and was just about catchable. According to the Home Run Tracker, under standard environmental conditions, the dinger would’ve left a total of zero ballparks. According to the same source, the ball left Kemp’s bat at about 96 miles per hour. Now, there are differences between the Home Run Tracker and StatCast. StatCast is capable of measuring exit speed. The Tracker has to approximate it. But, we use what we have. One source puts Kemp’s dinger at 96mph off the bat. Bryant’s double? According to StatCast, the ball left his bat 10 full ticks faster.

That’s 106 miles per hour. This quickly, we have a new way to appreciate something we already would’ve been able to appreciate to some extent. Based on what information we’ve gathered to date, Bryant’s batted ball ranked in the top seven percent in exit velocity. The overall average for right-handed hitters has been about 88mph. And the average for righties against pitches that inside has been about 82mph. As you’d expect, those inside pitches have given righties trouble, relatively speaking. Not only did Bryant clobber the pitch; he somewhat inconceivably clobbered the pitch to the fence in right-center field, in one of the more pitcher-friendly environments in the game.

I don’t know what else you need. When we all saw the Bryant double live, or in a highlight, we knew it was incredible. We also have the information to say how incredible. Hitters just don’t do what Kris Bryant did, and while maybe some other hitter might’ve turned on the same pitch and knocked it out to left, that doesn’t mean Bryant’s result wasn’t extraordinary. It was a great result, and it was a freakish result, the achievement of a baseball-hitting freak who can do things other people don’t. They don’t make many hitters like Kris Bryant. Because of this double alone, you could accurately figure that Bryant has a special skillset.

Doesn’t mean he’s a lock. Javier Baez did some freaky things, too. Wily Mo Pena did some freaky things. I’ve seen Carlos Peguero do some freaky things. The impossibly strong are capable of the borderline impossible, even if they don’t have much of a plan. The scary thing is that Kris Bryant goes up there with a plan. And it’s usually a good one.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 06:00 AM

15. "Devon Travis."
In response to Reply # 0

This kid is a lot better than what people were saying. Sleeper ROY candidate if he keeps this up.

____

TWITTER : Heinz21st

IG : H_N_Z

kinetic94761180
17857 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 09:51 AM

16. "dejesus almost fucked him up last night-"
In response to Reply # 15

DROkayplayer™

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 12:49 PM

18. "I need help with the Padres/Braves trade"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-17-15 12:50 PM by bentagain

so ATL trades Kimbrel/Upton to SD for Quentin

ATL has released Quentin

and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way back to Daygo

did ATL get anything?

SD could end up with Kimbrel/Upton and Quentin

WTF?

Kimbrel's been a sought after commodity since his rookie year

and ATL couldn't get anything for him?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 01:09 PM

19. "RE: I need help with the Padres/Braves trade"
In response to Reply # 18
Fri Apr-17-15 01:11 PM by Call It Anything

Atlanta had essentially conceded that they were not going to win in 2015, and struggle a bit in 2016. So they started looking to the future when they could put together a better, cheaper team in a new questionably-funded suburban stadium.

They had shipped out a lot of players, partially as a salary dump, and partially to get some prospects. San Diego meanwhile had a new stadium and was much more in a "win now" mode and was less concerned about money.

Upton was owed a little over $46 over the last 3 years of his contract. He's been a replacement level player since he came to Atlanta in 2013. Craig Kimbrel was owed a little over $33 million (plus an option) over the last 3 years of his contract. He has been arguably the best reliever in the game since he showed up.

Lots of people would trade for Kimbrel. Nobody would trade for Upton. So Atlanta found somebody who was willing to take Upton along with Kimbrel. To go along with that, they got a switch-hitting OF taken out of HS in the second round in 2013. Lots of pop. And a pitcher who is a consensus Top 50 prospect in baseball.

They also got Cameron Maybin, whose production has been Upton-esque the last few years, but he's only owed $10 million more and Quentin, who is owed $8 million more.

So they got rid of $80 million in contracts. Took on $18 million in contracts. Gained two prospects that could help them in a couple of years when they are more likely to have a better team to contribute to.

Potential for both sides to win in this trade.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 02:43 PM

20. "Why wouldn't the White Sox challenge that?"
In response to Reply # 0

the hell were they thinking?

Ceej
66746 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 02:52 PM

21. "Robin Ventura is awesome. Can they extend him please."
In response to Reply # 20

Also, Jose still cant hit. Damn.

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 07:15 PM

25. "He took too long to challenge"
In response to Reply # 20

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/23815/controversial-play-in-ninth-leads-to-tigers-walk-off

Though replays appeared to show Ramirez tagged Castellanos, White Sox manager Robin Ventura didn’t challenge the play. After pinch-runner Andrew Romine was bunted to third, he scored the winning run on a single by Jose Iglesias.

"He said we missed him," Ventura said of the information he got from his replay staff. "I wish I could actually watch it. You have to go with what your guys are going with. You could just go out and challenge it anyway. When you get 'he missed him' you don’t challenge it.

"You think about doing it anyway if you get a maybe, yeah you think about doing it," Ventura continued. "I didn’t even get a maybe."

After returning to the dugout, Ventura came back out onto the field after Romine was inserted as a pinch runner to try to challenge, but the umpires ruled that the play was over and therefore a challenge could not be made.

Last 3 things I watched:

The Changeling Season 1 (Apple+): C
OMITB Season 3 (Hulu): B-
Ahsoka Season 1 (Disney

pretentious username
12493 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 08:02 AM

41. "makes more sense, but his replay team should be fired n/m"
In response to Reply # 25

Ceej
66746 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 08:13 AM

42. "What replay did his team watch? "
In response to Reply # 41

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 07:01 PM

24. "And A-Rod sets the bar for longest HR of 2015"
In response to Reply # 0

471 feet.

http://t.co/S05iGDO0b5

Your move, rest of the league not about to turn 40...

kinetic94761180
17857 posts
Sat Apr-18-15 11:00 PM

27. "juicing."
In response to Reply # 24

DROkayplayer™

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Sat Apr-18-15 05:51 PM

26. "watching Jason Heyward play in Bush Stadium brings..."
In response to Reply # 0

a small tear to the corner of my eye. They're gonna love dude here. He'll hit 20 to 25 homers and be the best defensive player in the division not named Andrew.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

kinetic94761180
17857 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:22 PM

28. "carlos rodon debuts tomorrow-"
In response to Reply # 0

.......maybe.

he's bullpen bound to begin

DROkayplayer™

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 07:01 PM

29. "omg rangers"
In response to Reply # 0

gonna be a long season

kinetic94761180
17857 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 07:12 PM

30. "no excuse for that many walks-"
In response to Reply # 29

DROkayplayer™

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 09:11 PM

35. "thats just feliz"
In response to Reply # 30

never been the same since 2011

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 08:01 PM

31. "This Dodgers team is the most balanced Dodger team I can remember "
In response to Reply # 0

Obviously it's super early but I really am enjoying what I am seeing in terms of the balance.

The pen is still the question mark but we have upgraded defensively in key spots (up the middle with Ro and Kendrick, in CF with young Joc), speed on the paths, making contact (I LOVE Kendrick in this regard), the SP is shaping up (and Ryu coming back will only solidify it further)....and last but not least, the clubhouse is finally coming together with the addition of the vets and guys not squabbling about playing time.

Keep on chugging fellas...

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

will_5198
Charter member
63109 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 08:05 PM

32. "Jeff Francouer hit clean-up for the Phillies today."
In response to Reply # 0

--------

Mignight Maruder
Member since Nov 30th 2003
7716 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 08:31 PM

33. "Utley can barely crack .100 and was out of the lineup. Howard is trash"
In response to Reply # 32

He continues to exhibit the worst display of discipline at the plate I've seen in quite awhile. He's not getting that pop like he used to either. Him and Utley had a decent Spring, but have been absolute dog shit this year. You can say the same for just about all the guys save for Cody Ashe. Galvis and Herrara have been decent too. But none of those guys are going to drive in runs so this team is absolutely fucked.

The tank/blowup could have began several years ago, but instead we're going to suffer through some more abysmal years - this year possibly being the worst.

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 09:04 PM

34. "Utley's had a lot of bad luck so far"
In response to Reply # 33

I have watched at least three balls that I figured were hits get taken away from him against the Nationals. His basic hitting splits and .086 BABIP seem to suggest extremely bad luck. His .086 BABIP is the lowest of any qualified player by 20 points. I suspect he'll wind up something like the 2011-2014 version of himself if he stays healthy.

He's one guy I'm hoping can pad out the back end of his career a little bit and make a good run at the HOF, but it's going to be hard to convince a lot of people about that unless he can get at least 8,000 career plate appearances.

Marbles
22290 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 07:41 AM

40. "I didn't know he was still in the league"
In response to Reply # 32

We were just talking about the Babay Braves a few days ago. He had a a rifle for an arm.

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 10:13 PM

36. "guess Cruz is still juicin, too? Some dudes can just hit."
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Ceej
66746 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 06:51 AM

38. "Melky is"
In response to Reply # 36

topaz
Member since Nov 28th 2002
6236 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 06:45 AM

37. "Haven't seen this before"
In response to Reply # 0

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v80734783/must-c-curious-lester-tosses-glove-to-rizzo-for-out/?c_id=mlb

-
Gang Starr / Nujabes blend - https://youtu.be/lsci1vu6ick
DOOM Tribute - https://youtu.be/qmBQ2BDefKM
Donut of the Heart cover in Javascript - https://youtu.be/afLc2CkC8lk

Ceej
66746 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 06:51 AM

39. "This happens at least once a year "
In response to Reply # 37

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 08:29 AM

43. "lol...couldn't believe SC made such a big deal of it"
In response to Reply # 39

Call It Anything
10951 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 09:19 PM

44. "Reds Manager Bryan Price Unfurls A Gem"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Apr-20-15 09:20 PM by Call It Anything

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/redsblog/2015/04/20/bryan-price-reds/26101107/

His final thoughts:

"Ah, fuck. I’m just, I’m fucking pissing up a rope in this fucking business. Because everyone has to know everything all the fucking time. That’s not my fucking obligation, it’s not their obligation. You know why fucking Billy Hamilton didn't fucking play? The other day? Because his fucking finger’s hurt and he couldn't hit right-handed comfortably. Right? So that’s something that I need to know and no one else needs to know. No one else needs to fucking know it, and all of a sudden it’s out there. His fucking fingers are sore. It doesn't benefit us. It wasn't from you, but it doesn't benefit us one bit to fucking announce to the fucking other teams that we’re playing to bring in lefties when they need to fucking get Billy out. There’s no benefit. So, I’m fucking, to be honest with you, I’m fucking sick of this shit. I’m sick of listening to this fucking shit, I’m sick of fucking the fucking second-guessing bullshit, you guys can do whatever the fuck you want, but I’ll tell you this — I’m not going to fucking tell you everything about this fucking club, because you fucking guys are going to out there and sniff it out anyway. I don’t fucking like it one fucking bit. I bend over backwards to be honest and direct with you fucking guys and you stick it right up my fucking ass — and the fucking team’s ass. And I’m sick of it. What do you got? If you don’t got anything, get out and I’ll do this fucking interview with Marty. You don’t have anything? Just get out, please."

Ceej
66746 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 09:47 PM

45. "Damn"
In response to Reply # 44

bleekgilliam_420
Charter member
7357 posts
Fri May-01-15 06:50 AM

48. "yanks some how ended april in 1st"
In response to Reply # 0

and i cant even begin to explain how

---------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/malael

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2436921 Previous topic | Next topic