Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2435525

Subject: "Life after Pauly Walnuts; The Chicago White Sox 2015 Post" Previous topic | Next topic
Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Thu Apr-09-15 04:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Life after Pauly Walnuts; The Chicago White Sox 2015 Post"
Thu Apr-09-15 04:28 PM by Selassie I God

Lots of changes in the offseason. Some departures (Konerko, DeAza, Viciedo, etc) and arrivals (Cabrera, Robertson, Samardjiza...). Looks good on paper.

Then we get swept by the Royals to start the season.....

*sigh*

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm still worried about the bullpen
Apr 10th 2015
We're not making the 'offs regardless
Apr 10th 2015
C'mon man, I had hopes...
Apr 11th 2015
RE: Life after Pauly Walnuts; The Chicago White Sox 2015 Post
Apr 11th 2015
Robertson looked good in the 2 saves this past weekend
Apr 13th 2015
Are you intentionally trying to give me a stroke??
Apr 13th 2015
Is Danks looking as bad as his numbers look?
Apr 17th 2015
nah.
Apr 19th 2015
hmm. rodon joining the team tomorrow. will work out of the pen.
Apr 19th 2015
Neither did I
Apr 20th 2015
We're above .500!!
May 19th 2015
Garcia's shaping into a reliable hitter
May 19th 2015
RE: Garcia's shaping into a reliable hitter
May 20th 2015
LOLOL!!! I came today just to proclaim this
May 19th 2015
      I agree
May 20th 2015
So, if we win out for 92 wins...
Sep 03rd 2015

tha_scientist
Member since Jun 04th 2003
557 posts
Fri Apr-10-15 10:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm still worried about the bullpen"
In response to Reply # 0

Even with the money they spent, Jennings and Robertson didn't look good in spring training. But maybe the bullpen will look better once Jones & Patricka come back. And maybe Crain still has some life in his arm.

Although disappointing to get swept to start the year it is a long season.

My only worry is that 25 of the first 28 games are against divisional opponents. So if we start slow, then we have to get really hot to dig out of the hole.

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Fri Apr-10-15 11:40 AM

2. "We're not making the 'offs regardless"
In response to Reply # 0

not quite there yet.

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Sat Apr-11-15 09:38 PM

3. "C'mon man, I had hopes..."
In response to Reply # 2

and it's a long time until football season...lol

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Sat Apr-11-15 11:11 PM

4. "RE: Life after Pauly Walnuts; The Chicago White Sox 2015 Post"
In response to Reply # 0

88 starts for Jose Quintana, 40 No Decisions

https://twitter.com/Ecnerwal23/status/585991217902706688

^^^Damn, that's fucked up.

tha_scientist
557 posts
Mon Apr-13-15 02:07 PM

5. "Robertson looked good in the 2 saves this past weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

I know it was just the Twins but if Sale, Samardjza and Quintana can consistently give us 6+. Then the bullpen only needs to keep it together for 2 innings.

I'm trying not to get excited as I could see us getting swept by both the Indians and Tigers.

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Mon Apr-13-15 04:18 PM

6. "Are you intentionally trying to give me a stroke??"
In response to Reply # 5

>I'm trying not to get excited as I could see us getting swept
>by both the Indians and Tigers.

____

(c) Luciano

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 02:30 AM

7. "Is Danks looking as bad as his numbers look?"
In response to Reply # 0

____

(c) Luciano

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "nah."
In response to Reply # 7

2 of the 4 runs he gave up the other day shouldn't have crossed.

danks has been a below-average pitcher for a couple years now but he should be fine as a back-end rotation guy, as long as the top 3 hold up.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 04:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "hmm. rodon joining the team tomorrow. will work out of the pen."
In response to Reply # 0

did not see that coming.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 03:33 AM

10. "Neither did I"
In response to Reply # 8

I was hoping that he would have started the season up as a fifth starter...then when they sent him down, I figured he would be refining his skills in AAA.

Not very happy to see him up as a bullpen guy, though I realize the potential benefit.

I hate the "service time" thing...

____

(c) Luciano

tha_scientist
557 posts
Tue May-19-15 10:37 AM

11. "We're above .500!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I know they have been beating bad teams to get to .500, but those are teams that they should beat.
Although I'm still worried about starting pitching outside of Shark & Sale, they are hitting better which will help them stay in games.
Winning the game last night gave me confidence that they may be able to hang around .500 for the rest of the season.

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Tue May-19-15 10:41 AM

12. "Garcia's shaping into a reliable hitter"
In response to Reply # 11

I knew it was coming...drafted him last year and this year on my fantasy teams.

We need to fix the 2B and C black holes in the lineup....bad.

tha_scientist
557 posts
Wed May-20-15 11:40 AM

14. "RE: Garcia's shaping into a reliable hitter"
In response to Reply # 12

I'm surprised Garcia is hitting so well this year after he lost a year of development from his injury.

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Tue May-19-15 02:40 PM

13. "LOLOL!!! I came today just to proclaim this"
In response to Reply # 11

Still have work to do and a couple of problems to fix, but after the first couple of weeks, I was on virtual suicide watch.

____

(c) Luciano

tha_scientist
557 posts
Wed May-20-15 11:46 AM

15. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 13

After the first month, we looked horrible. I'm still worried about starting pitching after Shark and Sale and the 2B & C positions like Deebot mentioned.

I don't expect us to make the playoffs. I just want to improve to where we are ~.500. For next year maybe Shark stays, Sanchez or Johnson improves enough to have a decent 2B, Rodon develops and stays healthy. Then in the offseason they get another RHP (I'm not sure what they would do with Danks).

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Thu Sep-03-15 10:37 AM

16. "So, if we win out for 92 wins..."
In response to Reply # 0

nevermind, it's time for football season...*sigh*

____

(c) Luciano

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2435525 Previous topic | Next topic