Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2380358

Subject: "OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 3: How's it Going?" Previous topic | Next topic
earthseed
Member since Feb 26th 2004
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 3: How's it Going?"

Posting today cause not sure where ShawndmeSlanted is, and I need accountability, so...

The fully updated spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVdJl1txezNdEtVVDVjUTVfSVZNaEo1VGFsZ3pCd3c&usp=drive_web#gid=42

Everyone who signed up where I asked has their own tab. Its mostly alphabetical so just scroll over to find your name. Please make sure you are on your OWN SHEET so you don't screw up anybody else's data.

I'm leavig everyone's tab open for now. I think that will provide accountability. At the same time I know some people want to be private, if you do, make a copy of your page - put private notes on your own copy and public notes on this doc.

If you need good examples of entering data. Look at the 5 examples I have posted. These were taken from a challenge my gym ran a few years ago (including my own). You can see the details people put in - and the level of honesty. Its basically like a little journal. Some people even made a weight column, other people made a body measurements column.

I weigh 165 so I dont really worry about losing weight so I leave it off.

Look, some of you have signed up for 30-45 days its a long time. I expect some cheat days and some fall offs for most people. Don't take it too hard on yourself, but also don't just let it become the norm. This is a marathon - nice and steady.

If youre out with your friends and want a beer one weekend. Do it, but just limit it. If your parents coem to town and want to eat a pancake one weekend, do it. JUST MAKE SURE YOU LOG IT accurately. But remember the more strict, the better the results.

This is primarily an eating challenge so eating right is how you can get the most points. At the same time Paleo/Primal are more of a lifestyle than a diet so I included other ways to earn bonus points for yourself.
The scoring system is below (its pasted on the bottom of everyones individual tab also):

Meal Log Points:
3 points - 100% Ate great all day! no grains, dairy, or refined sugars (Primal may allow some dairy).
2 points - 95% Ate one “bad” item but didn’t derail. (a slice of toast with breakfast, a lollypop snack, or cheese on you bunless burger at lunch)
1 point - Mostly Paleo. Ate one bad meal but jumped right back on track for the next one. (had fries with the burger plus a beer or coke, or a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast).
0 points - Bad day. Off the wagon. Will get back on tomorrow.

Bonus Points:
1 point - Workout (did some type of workout)
1 point - 8+ hrs of sleep in a night
1 point - Intermitent Fast 8+ Hours

Enter everything for today including sleep. So the sleep is for what happens tonight and not last night. This confused people in my gym challenge. At the same time I try to update notes through the day so I dont have a lot to catch up on. Once you forget to log a few days it becomes a chore.

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions and use this post as a support group.
I will make a tab for every day of this week so you can add your thoughts and notes and get some dialogue.

now go runtelldat, ho.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Monday 10.20.14
Oct 21st 2014
My fault this was on my task list this morning
Oct 21st 2014
lol. i needed the accountability of coming and posting everyday.
Oct 21st 2014
good day. IF 16 hours. ate clean (paleo) all day...
Oct 21st 2014
Good Day sans gym workout
Oct 21st 2014
may need to make that chicken marsala.
Oct 21st 2014
My work schedule got flipped Monday and Tuesday to middle shift
Oct 21st 2014
Tuesday 10.21.14
Oct 21st 2014
off to a good start
Oct 21st 2014
having to get creative to eat my vegetables & get carbs
Oct 21st 2014
      share some of your creativity with us for veggies...last night i did roa...
Oct 21st 2014
           curry is a must for me, jucing veggies, greens in everything
Oct 21st 2014
Wednesday 10.22.14
Oct 21st 2014
Thursday 10.23.14
Oct 21st 2014
coffee and water and bringing me through today...didn't eat enough at
Oct 23rd 2014
      yep...that on the fly eating always burns you...
Oct 23rd 2014
Friday 10.24.14
Oct 21st 2014
wooo, i was hungry today!
Oct 24th 2014
Saturday 10.25.14
Oct 21st 2014
Sunday 10.26.14
Oct 21st 2014
RE: OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 3: How's it Going?
Oct 21st 2014
Mostly No but some say in moderation
Oct 21st 2014
      Thanks
Oct 21st 2014

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Monday 10.20.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:49 AM

6. "My fault this was on my task list this morning"
In response to Reply # 1

Youre doing amazing. Ive had another good 3 days. Gonna update my stuff

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:54 AM

10. "lol. i needed the accountability of coming and posting everyday. "
In response to Reply # 6

now go runtelldat, ho.

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:53 AM

9. "good day. IF 16 hours. ate clean (paleo) all day..."
In response to Reply # 1

starting to get bored with food. find myself forcing myself to eat cause i know that i need to.

weight has been staying steady. going to start a new workout regimen soon. not sure what, but i've kind of gotten bored with that too.

now go runtelldat, ho.

ShawndmeSlanted
43353 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 09:17 AM

11. "Good Day sans gym workout"
In response to Reply # 1

-bike to and from work
-Curry chicken with kale for lunch (leftovers from home)
0Paleo Chicken Marsala for dinner
IF til 12:15
only 6 hours sleep though

---

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 11:37 AM

15. "may need to make that chicken marsala."
In response to Reply # 11

now go runtelldat, ho.

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 11:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "My work schedule got flipped Monday and Tuesday to middle shift"
In response to Reply # 1

and I got hungry as F around 8-9PM

I had to eat something

I was eating a meal at 5 and then fasting until 9AM

any ideas on how to stay on a IF when working late?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:48 AM

2. "Tuesday 10.21.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

ShawndmeSlanted
43353 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 09:18 AM

12. "off to a good start"
In response to Reply # 2

Rode to work
Bulletproof Coffee
Gonna have a big ass salad for lunch

---

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5614 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 01:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "having to get creative to eat my vegetables & get carbs"
In response to Reply # 2

i've never been a big vegetable eater, but i'm trying not to use paleo as an excuse to crush meat all day. I notice if i don't keep the diet really balanced, i fatigue pretty quickly.

Overall results have been good, though. The focus on exercise has me feeling pretty fit overall. That and clean eating has me down in weight 14 or 15 lbs from my original start. I'd like to knock off another 10, but i expect the last 10 will take a little longer.

I will say that i'm going to cheat like a muhfucka on my birthday, though. I've been looking forward to it for a month. I'm not sure what I'm going to eat, but i'm going to make it goddam delicious.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 02:11 PM

19. "share some of your creativity with us for veggies...last night i did roa..."
In response to Reply # 18

carrots with a little salt/pepper and curry powder.

delicious.

now go runtelldat, ho.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5614 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 04:20 PM

20. "curry is a must for me, jucing veggies, greens in everything"
In response to Reply # 19
Tue Oct-21-14 04:23 PM by GOMEZ

cooked greens, raw greens (salad), kale chips, brussel chips, throwing everything into an omelet.

Coconut curry is the best though. toss some curry powder and cayenne in coconut milk simmer it while you stir fry vegetables on the side. I toss in whatever i have really - okra, broccoli, carrots, red peppers... you can add chicken or beef too. It's my favorite so far. If you like the coconut flavor, which i do, you can pan fry it all in coconut oil.

I miss pouring all that over some white rice, but not that much. Eating it straight like a soup is hella tasty and pretty satisfying.

If i feel like i'm hurting for carbs, i go to sweet potato, yam or banana or something.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

earthseed
26989 posts

3. "Wednesday 10.22.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

earthseed
26989 posts

4. "Thursday 10.23.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

earthseed
26989 posts
Thu Oct-23-14 10:27 AM

21. "coffee and water and bringing me through today...didn't eat enough at "
In response to Reply # 4

dinner last night.

only had steak and roasted veggies. need to get more prepared with eating. when i'm not prepared is when i slip-up.

will rectify that.

now go runtelldat, ho.

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Thu Oct-23-14 12:23 PM

22. "yep...that on the fly eating always burns you..."
In response to Reply # 21

I fucked around yesterday and didn't bring food to break my fast at noon. Went to the grocery store and made a salad at the bar, but had some other bullshit I didn't need, to get my protein in. All because I didn't prepare my meal the night before.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

earthseed
26989 posts

5. "Friday 10.24.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

earthseed
26989 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 01:13 PM

23. "wooo, i was hungry today! "
In response to Reply # 5

made it to 12:45 today.

spicy meatballs, salad, boiled egg and a pear today.

now go runtelldat, ho.

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:50 AM

7. "Saturday 10.25.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

earthseed
26989 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 08:50 AM

8. "Sunday 10.26.14"
In response to Reply # 0

now go runtelldat, ho.

bentagain
16595 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 11:08 AM

13. "RE: OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 3: How's it Going?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2377333&mesg_id=2377333&page=2#2379879

ShawndmeSlanted
43353 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 11:21 AM

14. "Mostly No but some say in moderation"
In response to Reply # 13

http://thepaleodiet.com/quinoa-paleo/

http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/is-quinoa-paleo-a-deep-dive/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/alternatives-to-grains-quinoa/

---

bentagain
16595 posts
Tue Oct-21-14 11:45 AM

16. "Thanks"
In response to Reply # 14

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2380358 Previous topic | Next topic