Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2364490

Subject: "Peter Quillin Vacates WBO Title, Roc Nation Comments" Previous topic | Next topic
michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Peter Quillin Vacates WBO Title, Roc Nation Comments"

#thankalhaymon

Peter Quillin Vacates WBO Title, Roc Nation Comments

LOS ANGELES - Middleweight star Peter Quillin announced today that he is vacating his WBO middleweight title, effective immediately, in order to pursue bigger opportunities at 160 pounds.

"I'd like to thank WBO president Paco Valcarcel and his organization for their support throughout the years," said Quillin. "Winning the WBO world championship was a highlight in my career and something I'll never forget, this is a difficult decision, but in order to make the fights the fans and I want against my fellow middleweights at the top of the division, I needed to relinquish the title. This is an exciting new chapter in my life, and I'm looking forward to cementing my spot as the best middleweight in the world."

Brooklyn, New York's Quillin (31-0, 22 KOs) won the WBO middleweight title on October 20, 2012 with a 12-round decision victory over Hassan N'Dam. The 31-year-old went on to successfully defend his title three times with victories over Fernando Guerrero, Gabriel Rosado, and Lukas Konecny, establishing himself as an elite middleweight champion. Now, Quillin will seek even bigger challenges in the near future.

Roc Nation, a new promotional player, laid down $1.9 million dollars to secure the promotional rights to Quillin vs. mandatory challenger Matt Korobov. There were rumors for weeks that Quilling was being steered to a title showdown with WBA 'regular' champion Danny Jacobs. Bother Quillin and Jacobs are managed by Al Haymon.

In a statement provide to BoxingScene.com, Roc Nation reacted to the news.

“Roc Nation Sports wishes Peter Quillin good luck. I'm sure he has a bigger pay day to have given up his title and 1.4 Million. We will move on to the next fight to promote” – Michael R. Yormark, Roc Nation, President & Chief of Branding and Strategy.

www.pacifictrainingcenter.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/San-Diego-CA/Pacific-Training-Center-Boxing-Muay-Thai-Fitness/145216788833188

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
We don't actually believe in Kid Chocolate, do we?
Sep 04th 2014
smfh @ this sentence
Sep 04th 2014
RE: smfh @ this sentence
Sep 04th 2014
He was losing that rosado fight I was there
Sep 05th 2014
I remember growing up the WBO wasn't even considered a real belt
Sep 05th 2014

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 03:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "We don't actually believe in Kid Chocolate, do we?"
In response to Reply # 0

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 03:52 PM

2. "smfh @ this sentence "
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-04-14 03:53 PM by southphillyman

> The 31-year-old went on to
>successfully defend his title three times with victories over
>Fernando Guerrero, Gabriel Rosado, and Lukas Konecny,
>establishing himself as an elite middleweight champion.

~~~~~~

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 04:15 PM

3. "RE: smfh @ this sentence "
In response to Reply # 2

I know, right. If they're gonna make the claim that he's elite...they should have left the names of his recent opponents out of the article.

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Fri Sep-05-14 06:49 AM

5. "He was losing that rosado fight I was there "
In response to Reply # 2
Fri Sep-05-14 06:51 AM by JAESCOTT777

I don't know about this move

He was already fighting middleweight there are plenty of fights
Somebody educate me on exactly why he is doing this?

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Sep-05-14 03:10 AM

4. "I remember growing up the WBO wasn't even considered a real belt"
In response to Reply # 0

No idea what this is all about but none of these fights mattered much and he ain't gonna fight GGG or win if he did.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2364490 Previous topic | Next topic