Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2355001

Subject: "Bulls fans, how do you feel about Derrick Rose trying out for Team USA?" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 04:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bulls fans, how do you feel about Derrick Rose trying out for Team USA?"

Do you think its cool as long as the doctors cleared him to play or should he chill and just prepare for the upcoming NBA season?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Not sure what chilling is going to do.
Jul 28th 2014
if his knee explodes then it explodes.
Jul 28th 2014
during summer league thibs was trying to hype it as a great opportunity
Jul 28th 2014
http://instagram.com/p/rAg2kwlzGl/?modal=true
Jul 28th 2014
Can I order my League Pass now?
Jul 28th 2014
Jul 28th 2014
           The interview though..."Knowing when to use my speed"
Jul 28th 2014
                a couple other encouraging quotes:
Jul 29th 2014
Agenda: can we get a tally of folks saying rose won't be close to the sa...
Jul 28th 2014
Truth and Bomb top that list, did Concrete Cholly pop off too?
Jul 28th 2014
Yeah and I like Rose, I'm not rooting against the kid but I just don't s...
Jul 28th 2014
He's been doing nothing but building his body for 2 yrs
Jul 28th 2014
Okay, these videos together are more convincing, but we'll see
Jul 29th 2014
No defense dunks in practice? Great
Jul 29th 2014
My OG point was that he wasn't good enough to be the #1 on a title team
Jul 29th 2014
      great analogy lol
Jul 29th 2014
      RE: My OG point was that he wasn't good enough to be the #1 on a title t...
Jul 29th 2014
Jul 29th 2014
Jul 29th 2014
      B, I'm honestly asking...
Jul 29th 2014
           While I'd prefer 'Truth Telling' to 'Anti-Rose Campaign' I can trace it
Jul 29th 2014
spm maintains that rose is coming back as penny version 2.
Jul 29th 2014
      this is assuming Rose was ever on prime Penny's level
Jul 29th 2014
      smh. it's bad enough bron is back in the central.
Jul 29th 2014
           agreed.
Jul 29th 2014
           Who's recruiting? We just making note of these armchair docs
Jul 29th 2014
                RE: Who's recruiting? We just making note of these armchair docs
Jul 29th 2014
"the same" = "oh hey he looks really good...oh wait he's out for the dur...
Jul 28th 2014
^^^On the list lol
Jul 28th 2014
He should still be good. Don't see him being the same.
Jul 28th 2014
      Right. The top MVP candidate days are realistically gone.
Jul 29th 2014
convinced?
Jul 28th 2014
Not really but I understand, I'm still holding out hope that Kobe can...
Jul 28th 2014
He woulda dunked that 3 years ago <---TOKPR <--I AM TYPICAL
Jul 28th 2014
As long as he don't do one of them wild crazy power drives....
Jul 29th 2014
I got that...
Jul 29th 2014
I'm all in on the kid....
Jul 29th 2014
6 foot?
Jul 29th 2014
my bad....dunno why I thought dude was one of those...
Jul 29th 2014
i've been shoulder to shoulder w/ dude. he's a legit 6'3".
Jul 29th 2014
      yeah...I always knew he was well put together...
Jul 29th 2014
           RE: yeah...I always knew he was well put together...
Jul 29th 2014
                damn
Jul 29th 2014
damn, CP3 looks small as hell
Jul 29th 2014
my favorite:
Jul 29th 2014
I'm saying, Rose is top 3 most fun players to watch in the league
Jul 29th 2014
RE: I'm saying, Rose is top 3 most fun players to watch in the league
Jul 29th 2014
i was at that game. when that happened literally everyone near me
Jul 30th 2014
lolz @ thibs hitting that nae nae
Jul 29th 2014
hilarious. i just don't like thibs doing his thibs thing on what is
Jul 29th 2014
      half the league's already stolen his shit @ this point anyway.
Jul 29th 2014
           Part scheme, part personnel.
Jul 29th 2014
Derrick Rose is the "most impressive guy" at World Cup tryouts(swipe)
Jul 30th 2014
after that if im rose, i sit out. fuck that.
Aug 01st 2014
injury is an everyday risk
Aug 01st 2014
should he practice or nah?
Aug 01st 2014
He tore his MCL on an off-ball soft baseline cut
Aug 01st 2014
      competitive basketball wont make his game that much better either
Aug 01st 2014
           he's barely played competitive basketball in two years.
Aug 01st 2014
                eh that's what camp and preseason is for
Aug 02nd 2014
                     man please (some) people would destroy him if he sat out
Aug 02nd 2014
                     if he can play in camp and preseason he can play here.
Aug 02nd 2014
                          but do you agree that the season is too long?
Aug 02nd 2014
                               no.
Nov 27th 2014
I'm just going to leave this right here...:
Nov 27th 2014
RE: I'm just going to leave this right here...:
Nov 27th 2014
      No the bigger point is he's saying the same thing I said back July, Rose...
Nov 27th 2014

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Not sure what chilling is going to do."
In response to Reply # 0

I hope he plays. Gives him a chance to ball against top competition.

Can't be worried about him getting hurt now.

https://digife.com

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85068 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 03:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "if his knee explodes then it explodes."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

dEs
Member since Sep 01st 2006
34879 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 03:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "during summer league thibs was trying to hype it as a great opportunity "
In response to Reply # 0

and mentioned that rose had an MVP year after his last Olympic experience

but yeah, I think they want him to work off the rust and hopefully regain his confidence before the season

you know how derrick is, he's gonna come back to Chicago trying to be superman

maybe the Olympic experience will force him to pace himself because with that squad, he'll naturally settle into a supporting role

_____

shann.email/inbox.pls.

RandomFact
Member since Dec 10th 2005
8710 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 07:00 PM

4. "http://instagram.com/p/rAg2kwlzGl/?modal=true"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jul-28-14 07:09 PM by RandomFact

http://instagram.com/p/rAg2kwlzGl/?modal=true

i feel fantastic about it!

but forreals, he needs to play in games against nba guys. started the season too rusty last year. he didn't scrimmage until training camp. that set him back.

can't concern yourself with the knee at this point. it's healed.

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 09:28 PM

6. "Can I order my League Pass now?"
In response to Reply # 4

Cause man, I can't wait for the season to start.
I've watched that video no less than 10 times.

Rose is ready to silence doubters.
Noah ALREADY talking shit!

Man look...

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:17 PM

9. "..."
In response to Reply # 6

https://vine.co/v/M0LJAAthnl7
http://instagram.com/p/rAhSz3Rh3R
http://www.nbcchicago.com/video/#!/news/sports/Derrick-Rose-Scrimmages-in-Public-for-Team-U.S.A./268966181

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:53 PM

14. "The interview though..."Knowing when to use my speed""
In response to Reply # 9

Man...that's VERY positive. He's knowing he can't play as breakneck anymore. If he applies that this season, VERY positive sign.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 10:23 AM

40. "a couple other encouraging quotes:"
In response to Reply # 14

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24640588/a-mature-patient-derrick-rose-begins-another-comeback

Rose's return with Team USA marks another milestone in another long road back. He played five-on-give at the Bulls' practice facility all summer, and practiced with the Bulls' Summer League team in Las Vegas. But there is no substitute for competing against some of the best in the world, and it's that cauldron of pressure in which Rose has chosen to measure his progress.

"Every day working my ass off, torturing my body every single day so these little scrimmages, of course, my wind is the last thing I need," Rose said. "I played probably a total of nine minutes (today). I worked out three or four hours a day, so that ain't s__t. I've been preparing for this for a long time."

In some ways, the theme is the same as it was in 2013, when he began the long journey back from ACL surgery. The physical work behind him, Rose needs simply to play and compete -- to rediscover his niche and prove to himself and to anyone doubting him that his MVP talent is still there.

There is one key difference, and Rose knows he wouldn't have the perspective to detect it if he hadn't gone through all of this before.

"Of course, I wanted to prove everybody wrong last year," Rose said. "I just wanted it too, too bad. And this time around, I just know that I've got to let the game come to me; go out there and just play."

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-derrick-rose-im-totally-different-player

Rose’s trademark has always been his explosiveness, but the 25-year-old explained that with his time away from the game, some on-court maturity has occurred.

“I think you will see that next year. Just trying to keep people off my body. Using a lot of floaters, using a lot of pull-ups, stuff like that, so I won’t get touched as much,” Rose said. “I’m a totally different player. It comes with experience, just playing through your mistakes. Just playing in an NBA game, you’re going to learn. So I’m happy that I had people around me to give me advice, learn from people and I’m happy I have the I.Q. to actually learn.

“Jump shots, floaters, just everything. Just trying to find ways to make the game easy. Trying to sharpen up every area of my game and really become a leader by being vocal,” he continued. “Body control. I’m able to control my body a little bit more, using my speed more. Being smart with my speed, instead of just running wild out there and being smart, becoming a smarter player. But I’m mad it took seven years to learn.”

But with the Bulls’ new personnel, the point guard could find himself playing off the ball on occasion, playing alongside veteran floor general Kirk Hinrich and newly-acquired point guard Aaron Brooks, as the team will look to be more offensively-balanced, taking advantage of its diverse weapons.

“Catch-and-shoot, hell yeah. I’ve been doing a lot of catch-and-shoot, running off floppy, just trying to make the game simple. Find ways to score or find ways to affect the game without scoring and me playing the two sometimes, coming off a floppy, catching the ball, getting to the hole, throwing oops, getting other people open with just a live dribble. I think this year is the first time that I’ll play, the most in my career, with catching the ball and having a live dribble,” Rose explained. “I wouldn’t say that we’re trying to copy the Spurs. It’s kind of hard to copy that because they’re just a great team, but if we can get close to it—if we can just find ways to win the game our way, I think that we’ll be fine and with the coaching staff that we have, Thibs, he finds ways to win. So it’s really the players, how bad we want to win those games.”

>Man...that's VERY positive. He's knowing he can't play as
>breakneck anymore. If he applies that this season, VERY
>positive sign.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

select_from_where
Member since Jan 03rd 2011
4342 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 09:21 PM

5. "Agenda: can we get a tally of folks saying rose won't be close to the sa..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jul-28-14 09:22 PM by select_from_where

I just want to have this on record if he has a moderately, effective season

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:07 PM

8. "Truth and Bomb top that list, did Concrete Cholly pop off too?"
In response to Reply # 5

I've seen a few.

Trust, a few niggas is catching 'the fuck you talkin' bout lame?' screw faces soon as the kid ballout.

*patiently waiting*

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:28 PM

10. "Yeah and I like Rose, I'm not rooting against the kid but I just don't s..."
In response to Reply # 8

how he could be the same.

When he IS healthy he plays a reckless style that makes you wince almost every time he hits the floor.

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:44 PM

13. "He's been doing nothing but building his body for 2 yrs"
In response to Reply # 10
Mon Jul-28-14 10:46 PM by auragin_boi

to protect those ligaments in his knees. And he's gonna come back to a better team than the one he left.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/11277790/derrick-rose-looking-derrick-rose-again-team-usa-practice

I dunno fam. Might be hell to pay.

I was worried the league passed him by. Lots of young, GOOD, exciting PG's in the league now but then I thought about it...he's a MYSTERY to all these guys too. They have to figure him out too.

I'm gonna have fun watching a healthy Derrick Rose go at the league.

Edit: Trey Burk look shook as shit after that 2 handed dunk lol

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 05:50 AM

23. "Okay, these videos together are more convincing, but we'll see"
In response to Reply # 13

------------------
One Hundred.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 06:43 AM

24. "No defense dunks in practice? Great"
In response to Reply # 13

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 05:26 AM

22. "My OG point was that he wasn't good enough to be the #1 on a title team"
In response to Reply # 10

even when he was at his MVP peak.

I still feel that way today and doubt he ever gets back to that point anytime in the future to even make that an argument worth having again.

Fast-forward to the next season when he was already leaking oil with style of play & durability in the strike season.

After that take two major season-ending injuries and a guy who has played 40 NBA games since 2010/11?

And yeah, file me into the 'highly skeptical' camp when I read/hear folks talking about the Bulls somehow being the favorite in the East next season.

It's kinda strange that Bull Fans are again starting to crow about 'The Return' prematurely without remembering that they're now heading into their third straight offseason doing so and starting to sound like D'Angelo stans in The Lesson.

Note to those Rose folks making mental notes: we're not even slightly scared but y'all just might be truly terrified.

Good luck to the special little guy though, I hope he can get all the way back to the glory days of Bron treating him like a cumrag come June.

As for the Team USA stuff, for The Bulls having DRose make the team would be an absolutely wonderful sign of potential redemption.

For the rest of the non-Bull Fan folks more interested in fielding the best American team in the tourney, we'd be better off with Damien Lillard on the squad for multiple reasons:

Better shooter, game more in line with international play, better basketball shape, more proven recent crunch time performer, less ball dominant, lesser injury risk.

Let DRose get his health and game back together on U.S. Central Time rather than on Central European Summer Time when we're worrying about Brow staying out of foul trouble and don't need to be concerned with Rose's knee or meniscus spontaneously combusting as well.

I'm assuming that Curry and likely Kyrie are already locks to make the team.

Would rather have Wall on the team for a change of pace guy for a few minutes as well, even if he still shows a good deal of shakiness as a half court guard comparatively speaking.

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 07:06 AM

25. "great analogy lol"
In response to Reply # 22

>It's kinda strange that Bull Fans are again starting to crow
>about 'The Return' prematurely without remembering that
>they're now heading into their third straight offseason doing
>so and starting to sound like D'Angelo stans in The Lesson.

~~~~~~

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:31 AM

31. "RE: My OG point was that he wasn't good enough to be the #1 on a title t..."

Let's start with this...Not every Bulls fan is beating on their chest because Rose is dunking. I think a successful season for Rose is just staying healthy and once again being part of a team....No suits on the bench...Just contribute...

But let me just call bullshit real quick....

I still don't understand how you can even jump to the conclusion that a healthy-MVP era Rose was not good enough to be a no. 1 option...Rose got beat by the best player of his generation in LeBron James....That's really the story....

If anything that small Bulls run showed u what happens when your team is constructed around a defensive mindset and little else. Keith Bogans as your starting SG doesn't cut it...Hell, Bron needed help didn't he? Even he saw the hand writing on the wall when he bolted for Miami AND then Cleveland...

But really...this is all moot. The kid has played only 10 games in the last 2 years. Hopefully Rose can just have a productive career at this point in his career...

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:45 AM

33. "RE: My OG point was that he wasn't good enough to be the #1 on a title t..."
In response to Reply # 31

>
>Let's start with this...Not every Bulls fan is beating on
>their chest because Rose is dunking. I think a successful
>season for Rose is just staying healthy and once again being
>part of a team....No suits on the bench...Just contribute...
>
>
>But let me just call bullshit real quick....
>
>I still don't understand how you can even jump to the
>conclusion that a healthy-MVP era Rose was not good enough to
>be a no. 1 option...Rose got beat by the best player of his
>generation in LeBron James....That's really the story....

He beat the Hawks, he was never gonna beat Lebron or any Western Conference team.
>
>If anything that small Bulls run showed u what happens when
>your team is constructed around a defensive mindset and little
>else. Keith Bogans as your starting SG doesn't cut it...Hell,
>Bron needed help didn't he? Even he saw the hand writing on
>the wall when he bolted for Miami AND then Cleveland...

Oh every star needs help, the one thing Lebron didn't need help with even on that shitty Cleveland squad was wipe the floor with DRose's teams.

>But really...this is all moot. The kid has played only 10
>games in the last 2 years. Hopefully Rose can just have a
>productive career at this point in his career...
>
Agreed.
>

murph71
23113 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 10:19 AM

39. "RE: My OG point was that he wasn't good enough to be the #1 on a title t..."
In response to Reply # 33
Tue Jul-29-14 10:22 AM by murph71

>>
>>Let's start with this...Not every Bulls fan is beating on
>>their chest because Rose is dunking. I think a successful
>>season for Rose is just staying healthy and once again being
>>part of a team....No suits on the bench...Just contribute...
>>
>>
>>But let me just call bullshit real quick....
>>
>>I still don't understand how you can even jump to the
>>conclusion that a healthy-MVP era Rose was not good enough
>to
>>be a no. 1 option...Rose got beat by the best player of his
>>generation in LeBron James....That's really the story....
>
>He beat the Hawks, he was never gonna beat Lebron or any
>Western Conference team.

Yes...because the Bulls was a flawed team....Much in the same way Bron had flawed Cleveland teams...The only difference is James is the best player of his generation..At 6'8 he masked the stink...With the Bulls it was a 6'3 Rose or bust...The injuries happened...Shit happened...Let's not go for a reach....

>>If anything that small Bulls run showed u what happens when
>>your team is constructed around a defensive mindset and
>little
>>else. Keith Bogans as your starting SG doesn't cut
>it...Hell,
>>Bron needed help didn't he? Even he saw the hand writing on
>>the wall when he bolted for Miami AND then Cleveland...
>
>Oh every star needs help, the one thing Lebron didn't need
>help with even on that shitty Cleveland squad was wipe the
>floor with DRose's teams.

Again, we comparing Bron to Rose? This is just trolling at this point...lol...James will go down as a top 5 player all time when it's all said and done....Rose "was" young, MVP caliber PG who may or may not reach his prime...

>>But really...this is all moot. The kid has played only 10
>>games in the last 2 years. Hopefully Rose can just have a
>>productive career at this point in his career...
>>
>Agreed.

Hey...it's all good...I know u on your troll shit...lol...But (again) I think it's important to remember we are talking about a player who had a serious injury before he was even able to hit his prime...His biggest issue was not getting by the best player in the world...

Saying that Rose could never be a no. 1 option is just some mad-making shit talk...But let the boy rock out before writing on his tombstone...

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:37 AM

32. "B, I'm honestly asking..."

what's the basis of your anti-Rose campaign? I think I missed it's genesis. What gives, family?

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:55 AM

37. "While I'd prefer 'Truth Telling' to 'Anti-Rose Campaign' I can trace it"
In response to Reply # 32

back to some of the old tried-and-true OKS staples:

-media backlash (Rose became the quiet poster boy dickhead bball beat nitwits like Ric Bucher used to beat Bron over the head with in 2010)

-overinflated view by a good portion of a big OKS fanbase (in this case Bulls fans who would have you believe Rose carried a bunch of bums even tho that team still scraped together wins in the myriad of games they played without him, they also acted offended when he got compared to AI like it was an insult when he would be lucky to even come close to AI's career)

-general fish in a barrel mad-making based on the above two factions, some of whom still don't seem to get it.

RandomFact
8710 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:20 AM

18. "spm maintains that rose is coming back as penny version 2."
In response to Reply # 8
Tue Jul-29-14 12:20 AM by RandomFact

and he's pretty certain about it.

melmag
Charter member
18469 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:29 AM

19. "this is assuming Rose was ever on prime Penny's level"
In response to Reply # 18

MVP be damned, he never was

southphillyman
90059 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 07:07 AM

26. "smh. it's bad enough bron is back in the central."
In response to Reply # 18

yall really don't need to be recruiting more rose haters at this stage of his career
yall need to be humble and QUIET

~~~~~~

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 08:26 AM

28. "agreed."
In response to Reply # 26

>yall really don't need to be recruiting more rose haters at
>this stage of his career
>yall need to be humble and QUIET

kind of early for all this. let that shit bubble.

___

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 08:37 AM

29. "Who's recruiting? We just making note of these armchair docs"
In response to Reply # 26

Who are absolutely certain rose is done or not gonna be anywhere near the same. Hell, if Amare can put up a few all nba type seasons after a few microfractures, don't see why rose can't bounce back.

It ain't like he's on Brandon Roy status. He basically had Westbrook injury last year and Rondo's the year before (opposite leg too) yet nobody is saying those two won't be the same. Everyone is acting like the boy had the unhappy triad like young God. Smh.

southphillyman
90059 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:54 AM

35. "RE: Who's recruiting? We just making note of these armchair docs"
In response to Reply # 29

i was one of the only ppl on here calling him the 2nd best player in the league that mvp year
not even a hater , per say
two major lower leg injuries have me skeptical though

~~~~~~

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:37 PM

12. ""the same" = "oh hey he looks really good...oh wait he's out for the dur..."
In response to Reply # 5

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:54 PM

15. "^^^On the list lol"
In response to Reply # 12

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 11:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "He should still be good. Don't see him being the same. "
In response to Reply # 5

He'll have an even harder time on defense though. Others have gotten a lot better since he's been gone.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 03:05 AM

21. "Right. The top MVP candidate days are realistically gone."
In response to Reply # 17
Tue Jul-29-14 03:06 AM by Frank Longo

If he can do those types of numbers right out of the gate, then it's an AP-level miracle.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 09:56 PM

7. "convinced?"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:29 PM

11. "Not really but I understand, I'm still holding out hope that Kobe can..."
In response to Reply # 7

come back and play at a high level, lol

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 11:07 PM

16. "He woulda dunked that 3 years ago <---TOKPR <--I AM TYPICAL"
In response to Reply # 0

I am not sold.....yet.

------------------
One Hundred.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "As long as he don't do one of them wild crazy power drives...."
In response to Reply # 0

and run into Boogie, Brow, or John John, I'm good.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

murph71
23113 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 08:19 AM

27. "I got that..."
In response to Reply # 0

guarded optimism....I'm not going to feed any red meat to the D. Rose Trolls...When it comes to serious injuries I'm more realistic about what can go down...If the kid can come back at 80 percent I will be happy...

I'm just ready for this season to start....

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 08:45 AM

30. "I'm all in on the kid...."
In response to Reply # 0

although, I'm not a Bulls' fan...so there's no emotional investment in the team. Just as a fan of basketball, he's easily my favorite player in the league. That two handed dunk he threw down in Team USA practice shows you where his athleticism is still at. Doesn't matter that it wasn't contested. This is a 6 foot dude throwing a two hander down with virtually no run-up. He looked confident, he looks a little more solid, too. While we probably won't see this guy anymore....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaW5F9Tw7wk (and maybe we shouldn't)...I think he still has the physical tools, plus now the mentality, to be a dominant player.

southphillyman
90059 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:52 AM

34. "6 foot?"
In response to Reply # 30

he's one of the bigger muscular PGs in the league when he was playing
he's a smidge smaller than wall , who's a legit 6'4, in this pic
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnkdrer75a1qd4630o1_500.jpg

~~~~~~

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 09:54 AM

36. "my bad....dunno why I thought dude was one of those..."
In response to Reply # 34

6 foot in Timbs type dudes, lol. I stand corrected.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 10:08 AM

38. "i've been shoulder to shoulder w/ dude. he's a legit 6'3"."
In response to Reply # 36

strong as a fucking ox too.

https://twitter.com/chicagobullsbot/status/493840512009248768/photo/1

a lot bigger than he looks on tv.

___

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 11:15 AM

43. "yeah...I always knew he was well put together..."
In response to Reply # 38

but that's what I meant when I said he looks more solid. Dude looks like a free safety in that pic.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 11:43 AM

44. "RE: yeah...I always knew he was well put together..."
In response to Reply # 43

http://images4.mtv.com/uri/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:804256?width=324&height=324&crop=true&quality=0.85

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 11:58 AM

45. "damn"
In response to Reply # 44

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 10:56 AM

42. "damn, CP3 looks small as hell"
In response to Reply # 34

RandomFact
8710 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:25 PM

46. "my favorite:"

, too. While we probably won't see this guy
>anymore....
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaW5F9Tw7wk (and maybe we
>shouldn't)...I think he still has the physical tools, plus now
>the mentality, to be a dominant player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdmE6WVZgc

mashpg89
Member since Dec 08th 2004
2867 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 01:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
48. "I'm saying, Rose is top 3 most fun players to watch in the league"

He's a humble guy who grew up in a rough neighborhood but made it out against all odds to play for his hometown team, and has suffered two devastating injuries in the prime of his career. I just don't understand how anybody can root against him unless they have hate in their hearts. If it's just for trolling then whatever, but he's one of the players you'd pay to go see and every basketball fan should be wanting him to succeed.

murph71
23113 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 04:29 PM

51. "RE: I'm saying, Rose is top 3 most fun players to watch in the league"
In response to Reply # 48

>He's a humble guy who grew up in a rough neighborhood but
>made it out against all odds to play for his hometown team,
>and has suffered two devastating injuries in the prime of his
>career. I just don't understand how anybody can root against
>him unless they have hate in their hearts. If it's just for
>trolling then whatever, but he's one of the players you'd pay
>to go see and every basketball fan should be wanting him to
>succeed.

Some people don't like to be happy....Trolls gonna troll...

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Wed Jul-30-14 01:10 AM

52. "i was at that game. when that happened literally everyone near me"

simultaneously yelled HOLY SHIT... pretty funny. nastiest dunk ive ever seen live.

-----------------------------------------

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 10:44 AM

41. "lolz @ thibs hitting that nae nae"
In response to Reply # 0

http://youtu.be/-i_quuZcvAA

___

RandomFact
8710 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:28 PM

47. "hilarious. i just don't like thibs doing his thibs thing on what is "
In response to Reply # 41

ultimately our competition.

last thing i want is for any of these dudes to come away with improved defensive principles.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 02:21 PM

49. "half the league's already stolen his shit @ this point anyway."
In response to Reply # 47

thibodeau's strong side overload is right up there w/ jerry sloan's motion offense, d'antoni's 4-out pick and roll, and dirk's one-legged fadeaway at the top of the "most imitated, never duplicated" list.

___

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 02:51 PM

50. "Part scheme, part personnel. "
In response to Reply # 49

Thibs defense is consistent year after year because you can almost plug in any guys and it'll work. That's why players not known for their defense (Robinson, Augustine, Boozer) are serviceable.

The otherside of that is having the right tools (Noah, Gibson, Butler) to make it elite.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Jul-30-14 03:43 PM

53. "Derrick Rose is the "most impressive guy" at World Cup tryouts(swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11282855/jim-boeheim-calls-derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-most-impressive-player

Derrick Rose draws more praise
Updated: July 30, 2014, 12:20 PM ET
By Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

Derrick Rose Back On Court For Team USA

LAS VEGAS -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose continued to open eyes Tuesday in Team USA's training camp as he makes his way back from the torn meniscus in his right knee that cost him all but 10 games of the past season.

Rose, who has played in just 49 games over the past three seasons because of various injuries, including two severe knee injuries, earned praise from all corners of the Mendenhall Center on UNLV's campus.

"That's my biggest surprise coming in here," Syracuse coach and Team USA assistant Jim Boeheim told ESPNChicago.com, in reference to Rose's performance. "The one thing I was worried about is whether he would be able to step in after so much time . He looks, to me, as good as when we had him in the world championship in '10, when he was at full strength coming an MVP year. He looks very, very good. Obviously, he gets in some games, it will be a little different, but it's not like he hasn't had success in games. He had a lot of success.

"He's been the most impressive guy here."

In just two days, Rose seems to have reminded the basketball world just how talented he can be when he's healthy.

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski echoed Boeheim's praise.

"He was phenomenal , and he was today, too," Krzyzewski said. "He hasn't held anything back. The neat thing about today was we went hard and we went hard today, and he hasn't been in this environment, and he was as good or better today."

The thing that has impressed Krzyzewski most is the way Rose has attacked the competition. The former MVP is trying to be one of the 12 players who will make up Team USA at the FIBA Basketball World Cup in late August in Spain.

"He's gone after people," Krzyzewski said. " ain't happening. He's going after everybody, and he's really going hard. His movement on defense has been spectacular. When we started practice , what he did defensively -- whoa. It picked everybody up. You don't play that type of defense in the NBA because you have to play 40 minutes and 100 games, but here if you play 20 minutes, that's a lot, but you don't have to play consecutively, so you can go to an extreme -- that's what he's doing. I think he's shown he has great balance and strength. He's stronger, and he has better balance, and he's shooting the ball great. I think he's been absolutely terrific these first two days."

For his part, Rose maintains he isn't surprised by his performance. He points to the work he has put into his rehab over the past eight months as the reason he is playing so well early on.

"I can be more aggressive, but I'm picking and choosing just trying to see what the game needs," he said. "Just trying to play my type of game. I think when I first came in the league people were wondering if I could score, but on my team, I have to score. Here I can be really a point guard and really get guys in a groove and really get them in a rhythm to shoot the ball. So my job is to play defense, move the ball up the court and get guys open and shoot open shots."

Rose's teammates can see his game is starting to return as well. Team USA counterpart Kevin Durant believes Rose is a better player than he was during the 2010 world championships, when the pair helped the team win a gold medal.

"He's definitely grown since then," Durant said. " has blossomed into a superstar, MVP of course after that. He's just had a few setbacks with some injuries, but he seems like he's the same player. But his confidence -- that's what it's about in this league. You experience things, you go through them, you gain confidence, and that's what all these guys here have gotten."

Boeheim said people have to be a little surprised at how well Rose has played to start camp.

"They know Derrick's talent," Boeheim said. "You have to be a little surprised at seeing what he's doing. He's looked great. And I'm happy for him because my experience with him in '10 was great and he's just a great kid. A great kid to coach being part of the world championship team. I'm happy to see a kid come back. All the rehab, all the work -- people don't realize how hard that is. That's not easy. And to see Derrick Rose back, I think it's a great thing, and it will be great for Chicago."

Rose is trying to take all the extra attention in stride. He knows the eyes of the basketball world are focused on him this week, but he doesn't seem too concerned. He joked that the biggest key from Monday to Tuesday was that he had no pain, just the regular soreness that comes for every basketball player after participating in five-on-five full-court scrimmages.

"Waking up not sore, man," he said with a smile. "Waking up kinda sore. I feel like a basketball player now, man. I'm happy to be here and happy to be getting attention, but at the same time, I know that I have a long journey and just trying to take it one day at a time."

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Fri Aug-01-14 09:59 PM

54. "after that if im rose, i sit out. fuck that."
In response to Reply # 0

..|.,

If you still don't know what Jade Typhoon is, click here:
http://jadetyphoon.blogspot.com/ (WS)

select_from_where
Member since Jan 03rd 2011
4342 posts
Fri Aug-01-14 10:01 PM

55. "injury is an everyday risk "
In response to Reply # 54

Cenario
59181 posts
Fri Aug-01-14 10:06 PM

56. "should he practice or nah?"

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

RandomFact
8710 posts
Fri Aug-01-14 10:18 PM

57. "He tore his MCL on an off-ball soft baseline cut "

People forget this.

It was ready to go and it went.

If there is something inherently wrong with his knees then he really can't do anything about it. Putting off playing in competitive basketball games (when healthy) does nothing.

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Fri Aug-01-14 11:11 PM

58. "competitive basketball wont make his game that much better either"
In response to Reply # 57

so why risk it. apparently he's still balling out, games or not.
he's gotta be a little shook.

>People forget this.
>
>It was ready to go and it went.
>
>If there is something inherently wrong with his knees then he
>really can't do anything about it. Putting off playing in
>competitive basketball games (when healthy) does nothing.

..|.,

RandomFact
8710 posts
Fri Aug-01-14 11:49 PM

59. "he's barely played competitive basketball in two years."
In response to Reply # 58

if he can get extra run against good competition it will help.

he's even admitted that he was out of rhythm and forcing things at the beginning of last year because he didn't scrimmage during his first rehab

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Sat Aug-02-14 12:52 AM

60. "eh that's what camp and preseason is for"
In response to Reply # 59

season is long enough. arent the bulls supposed to be like the number 1 or 2 seed.
arent they supposed to go deep in the playoffs?
he's still supposedly the top pg in the east, no? little rust should shake off easily.
no one can blame the bulls if they rather him not play these games.
roses want to play, but dont at the same time.
no one would blame him if he didnt play these games.

..|.,

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Sat Aug-02-14 05:46 AM

61. "man please (some) people would destroy him if he sat out"
In response to Reply # 60

Cenario
59181 posts
Sat Aug-02-14 06:49 AM

62. "if he can play in camp and preseason he can play here."
In response to Reply # 60

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Sat Aug-02-14 02:22 PM

63. "but do you agree that the season is too long? "
In response to Reply # 62

especially if you include (supposedly) a deep playoff run.

..|.,

Cenario
59181 posts
Thu Nov-27-14 01:13 PM

67. "no."
In response to Reply # 63

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Nov-27-14 09:39 AM

64. "I'm just going to leave this right here...:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4628290-stephen-a-smith-derrick-rose-lying-chicago-bulls-first-take-espn?

murph71
23113 posts
Thu Nov-27-14 09:47 AM

65. "RE: I'm just going to leave this right here...:"
In response to Reply # 64

>http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4628290-stephen-a-smith-derrick-rose-lying-chicago-bulls-first-take-espn?

U didn't get Smith's point...

He wasn't calling Rose a liar because he could step on the court yet he's hiding behind a playable injury...

He's saying that Rose's injuries are much more serious than he and the Bulls are letting on....

Stick that in the no-shit file...

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Nov-27-14 10:12 AM

66. "No the bigger point is he's saying the same thing I said back July, Rose..."
In response to Reply # 65

should've never been playing on Team USA

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2355001 Previous topic | Next topic