Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2316809

Subject: "90mph pitch to the face- *crazy photo*" Previous topic | Next topic
kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17847 posts
Sat Apr-19-14 07:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"90mph pitch to the face- *crazy photo*"

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/19/scary-photo-delino-deshields-jr-suffers-fractured-cheek-bone-after-taking-pitch-to-face/

ouch.

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayerâ„¢

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
DAMN!
Apr 19th 2014
Torii Hunter wouldn't be impressed
Apr 19th 2014
I think I took about 85 on the jaw once
Apr 19th 2014
looks like a lumpier version of Earl Sweatshirt n/m
Apr 20th 2014
Looks like he has a baseball IN his cheek
Apr 20th 2014

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Sat Apr-19-14 07:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "DAMN!"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Sat Apr-19-14 09:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Torii Hunter wouldn't be impressed"
In response to Reply # 0

I remember when he was playing with the Twins he took a fastball of the face and he threw the bat down and was ready to fight. lol

I've looked for the video but I cannot find it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Sat Apr-19-14 11:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I think I took about 85 on the jaw once"
In response to Reply # 0

Somehow I managed to turn my face into the pitch. As I am a right handed hitter and it hit me on my left cheek. When I went back into the dugout, somebody on the team asked me where the ball hit me. I said, "My face." They didn't believe me.

Over the next two innings my jaw proceeded to swell gradually, to the point where I had to switch from my one piece hockey mask to the more traditional two piece mask because I literally couldn't fit my swollen face into the mask.

After two innings, I was taking off my gear to hit and my manager stepped in front of me on my way to the on-deck circle and said, "I'm taking you out of the game." Using half of my jaw to talk like a stroke victim, I pleaded my case that I was fine and could finish the game. He informed me that he was taking me out and also that he had procured me a ride to the emergency room.

I sat in there for 2 hours before they took me and then another hour waiting for the X-Ray. I was fortunate because it turned out to be only a minor dislocation and I didn't need to have it wired shut or anything like that.

It stayed swollen for a couple of weeks after that. For several months after that it would hurt more when it was about to rain.

2Future4U
Charter member
3346 posts
Sun Apr-20-14 12:15 AM

4. "looks like a lumpier version of Earl Sweatshirt n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.instagram.com/christiancgarrido/

Hussein ibn Malik "if he escaped on a horse he might be realest nigga ever, EVER..2013 Nat Turner with the burner"

MaxPtah "Django is real homie.."

PoppaGeorge "If you're a child of the 70's, Ye looks like

silentnoah
Member since Apr 03rd 2005
3197 posts
Sun Apr-20-14 05:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Looks like he has a baseball IN his cheek"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2316809 Previous topic | Next topic