Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2312426

Subject: "" Previous topic | Next topic
PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 11:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""
Thu Apr-03-14 11:23 AM by PROMO

Why?

Well, cuz....why not?

There's hope for all the Whos down in Whoville all of sudden after the M's smanged the ish outta the Angels for the first opening road series sweep in team history.

I don't know if the M's will go on to have a great year, but there's definitely a vibe about this team that hasn't been felt since the early aughts. Getting Ichiro's stench off the team has been a big plus and now there's some legit young talent (Brad Miller, Mike Zunino, Dustin Ackley) that's starting to hit. On top of that, under Robinson Cano's tutelage, it appears (at least early on) that Justin Smoak might have finally put 2 + 2 together. Felix is Felix and James Paxton looks to be the real deal. If our makeshift rotation can hold it together until Iwakuma and Taijuan Walker get healthy...we might have something.

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be in this post talking to myself most of the year but that's okay.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yeah its looking promising right now
Apr 03rd 2014
I think Cano was a good call.
Apr 03rd 2014
Cautious curiousness
Apr 03rd 2014
If they split or win the Oakland series...
Apr 03rd 2014
Probably still pretty small
Apr 03rd 2014
Don't be filling up on those cod dogs
Apr 03rd 2014
I think it's still to early to jump on this bandwagon
Apr 03rd 2014
dont sweat the bandwagon, yall got a good squad
Apr 12th 2014
Well, we got robbed in Game 1 vs. the A's.
Apr 04th 2014
Posh Donaldson got punked
Apr 05th 2014
Yeah. He don't want it w/ Felix.
Apr 05th 2014
Sunglass @ Night w/ 2 dingers!
Apr 09th 2014
Last year's team would've folded after that first inning
Apr 09th 2014
      Right.
Apr 09th 2014
King Felix cooked the shit outta the A's last night.
Apr 12th 2014
Oakland K's for Felixr
Apr 12th 2014
ya felix is rock fucking solid
Apr 12th 2014
im just gonna say it now
Apr 12th 2014
They look like a solid squad this year
Apr 12th 2014
Almonte has been great so far.
Apr 12th 2014
This might be what I'm most stoked about so far
Apr 12th 2014
one of these days i hope Felix just axe murders the clubhouse.
Apr 16th 2014
No cable at the new crib yet so I haven't followed much this season
Apr 17th 2014
Soooo....
Apr 22nd 2014
It's not just the awfense either...defense was atrocious last night
Apr 22nd 2014
      you mean BEEN atrocious.
Apr 22nd 2014
eight.
Apr 23rd 2014
is enuff
Apr 23rd 2014
      all i could do is laugh.
Apr 23rd 2014

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yeah its looking promising right now"
In response to Reply # 0

if they can get those pitchers healthy and these dudes can stay hitting at all, they have a good shot of contending for the division. maybe that cano money was a good call.

i really hope taijuan walker doesn't have any set backs, i'm hoping to see him pitch a few games in may or june.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 11:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I think Cano was a good call."
In response to Reply # 1

Especially since it appears he's using his talents as teaching tools for the other guys on the team...and not just on some "watch how I do this" shit. He's actually coaching up his teammates using what he knows and his god-given abilities.

Walker has #1 starter stuff, so yeah, I hope he comes back right cuz I wanna see him in full effect.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 12:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Cautious curiousness"
In response to Reply # 0

@ least a split @ Oakland will keep my minor sodo mojo goin

If they drop 3 of 4 or god forbid give the broom back...it's back to the drawing board & the home opener losin luster

One of our guys just quit over the wknd so I'll be workin a ton of games this year. The past several seasons have been a chore & a bore. As long as some excitement is brought back I'll be pleased regardless of the record.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 01:18 PM

4. "If they split or win the Oakland series..."
In response to Reply # 3

I'm very curious to see the crowd at the Safe during that opening homestand.

HowieDooem
Member since Jun 17th 2002
3683 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 01:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Probably still pretty small"
In response to Reply # 4

Save for opening day and Felix pitching on Friday. I might try to do one or two of the other games, though, depending on the resale market.

Buks
Member since Sep 19th 2002
460 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 02:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Don't be filling up on those cod dogs "
In response to Reply # 3

Now ya hear?

villian_1998
Charter member
4850 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 02:18 PM

6. "I think it's still to early to jump on this bandwagon"
In response to Reply # 0

It's good to see, but the baseball season is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonng season.
---------------------------------------
<< Seattle by moonlight...

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 10:58 AM

16. "dont sweat the bandwagon, yall got a good squad"
In response to Reply # 6

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Apr-04-14 09:49 AM

8. "Well, we got robbed in Game 1 vs. the A's."
In response to Reply # 0

Some bum ass AAA umpire was behind the plate and blew the rookie's no no by missing the strike that was a textbook perfect 12-6 curveball. Would have ended the inning instead the A's got on the board in the next at bat and ended up winning 3-2...so that run mattered.

Just one game but damn, do umpires have review boards they have to answer to or anything, cuz dude was fucking awful...for both teams.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 05:35 PM

9. "Posh Donaldson got punked"
In response to Reply # 0

Wtf he lookin @ besides strike 3 from The Felixr?

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 06:33 PM

10. "Yeah. He don't want it w/ Felix."
In response to Reply # 9

What's a dumbass anyway. He had NOTHING to be complaining about.

4-1 so far. Not bad. Keep it rollin'.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Apr-09-14 01:15 AM

11. "Sunglass @ Night w/ 2 dingers!"
In response to Reply # 0

M's stage their second 3-run comeback of the early season.

Paxton (once he settled down) was lights out. He left w/ a muscle injury but hopefully it's not too serious.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Wed Apr-09-14 09:10 AM

12. "Last year's team would've folded after that first inning"
In response to Reply # 11

Thank God Rodney bounced back & settled down after a rough start for his home debut too

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Apr-09-14 10:42 AM

13. "Right."
In response to Reply # 12

What impressed me was you could tell the vibe in the stadium after those two Angels HRs was like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...seriously?"

The players didn't let it get to them which is what would have happened in the past. They battled and turned it around, despite the top of the order going 0-for-everthing.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 09:57 AM

14. "King Felix cooked the shit outta the A's last night."
In response to Reply # 0

As long as he gets a couple runs of support, he's damn near unbeatable.

Back in first place for now. Taijuan Walker should be back with the club VERY soon after striking out 10 in 5 innings in his last minor league appearance.

It's still so early but if the M's can keep hitting even at 80% of their current pace the arms (add Paxton and Iwakuma) might make us a playoff team.

Bullpen was a joke last night though. We may still need some help there.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 03:28 PM

20. "Oakland K's for Felixr"
In response to Reply # 14

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 03:42 PM

21. "ya felix is rock fucking solid"
In response to Reply # 14

love that guy to death

well unless hes playing the rangers, we got his number

but iwakuma and felix are easily my two favorite non ranger pitchers

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 10:58 AM

15. "im just gonna say it now"
In response to Reply # 0

im a texas ranger fan, always have been

but i picked seattle to win the division this year

MothershipConnection
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
7498 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 11:21 AM

17. "They look like a solid squad this year"
In response to Reply # 0

I live in LA and am a Dodgers fan first, but I've always liked the M's as my AL team back from when they had Griffey and Edgar and cause I hate the Angels. I've seen a lot of their early games cause they've played the Angels though and they look like a different squad this year, you no longer get the feeling that if they go down by 2 or 3 runs that the game is over. They need Ackley and Smoak's bats to keep holding up and could really use an upgrade in RF (I'm OK with Almonte in center, I like his approach at the plate), but I'm a believer.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 12:01 PM

18. "Almonte has been great so far. "
In response to Reply # 17

That's simply cuz he's a try-hard bamma, and that's something the M's really needed.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Sat Apr-12-14 03:27 PM

19. "This might be what I'm most stoked about so far"
In response to Reply # 17

>they look like a different squad this year, you no longer get
>the feeling that if they go down by 2 or 3 runs that the game
>is over.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Apr-16-14 10:57 PM

22. "one of these days i hope Felix just axe murders the clubhouse."
In response to Reply # 0

im_freshhh
Member since Oct 26th 2007
1675 posts
Thu Apr-17-14 01:36 AM

23. "No cable at the new crib yet so I haven't followed much this season"
In response to Reply # 0

Felix is dealing, as always.
& it looks like Cano has been good for the you get cats so far.
Looked like a .500 team to me going into this season,
do the standings look about right.
I'm kinda hot that there's only 2 games in SD this year though.
I usually go to all 3 when they come to town for dirt cheap.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast foods.
IG/Twitter: @sammiie_b

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Tue Apr-22-14 12:37 PM

24. "Soooo...."
In response to Reply # 0

7 game losing streak.

The M's are who we thought they were.

The stench of the organization is turning Robinson Cano into Rich Amaral.

We couldn't expect the world cuz 75% of our rotation is hurt, but damn, these guys are up there taking worse at-bats than most Little Leaguers would.

Mariners - True to the blue!

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Tue Apr-22-14 12:48 PM

25. "It's not just the awfense either...defense was atrocious last night"
In response to Reply # 24

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Tue Apr-22-14 01:31 PM

26. "you mean BEEN atrocious."
In response to Reply # 25

no excuses man. they are messing up routine plays too.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Apr-23-14 11:10 AM

27. "eight."
In response to Reply # 0

M's have struck out 28 times in the last two games vs. guys who aren't even household names in their own house.

M's are even the food now to the teams who were supposed to be THEIR food (Astros, Marlins, etc).

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Wed Apr-23-14 12:13 PM

28. "is enuff"
In response to Reply # 27

seahawks chants the past two nights too

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Apr-23-14 12:46 PM

29. "all i could do is laugh."
In response to Reply # 28

i'm watching the game on TV and you can hear the crowd (as small as it was) chanting "SEAHAWKS, SEAHAWKS, SEAHAWKS!!!"

i mean, let's be honest...20 games in the season * IS * over as far as any kind of aspirations of finishing .500 or above.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2312426 Previous topic | Next topic