Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2309093

Subject: "In the beginning, there was rain (Major League Baseball 3/22-3/29)" Previous topic | Next topic
Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Sat Mar-22-14 03:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"In the beginning, there was rain (Major League Baseball 3/22-3/29)"

I'm not a fan of starting out the season in a foreign country. Really undermines a true Opening Day. And there's nothing cooler than starting out the season with a rain delay in the middle of the night for a game being played in Australia. While everybody is buzzing about the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament, 70% of Los Angeles is incapable of even watching the game due to ongoing negotiations with cable providers and the new Dodger network.

Not the best showcase for MLB.

Dodgers will play again next Sunday against the Padres and then the rest of the league will get going on March 31st.

Until then, it's Kershaw v. Miley, Vin Scully, fat Yasiel Puig, Paul Goldschmidt, and 45,000 Australians who think Babe Ruth is the Donald Bradman of baseball.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Something something something Dodger fans
Mar 22nd 2014
Sadly, that number is a direct quote from the LA Times
Mar 22nd 2014

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Sat Mar-22-14 07:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Something something something Dodger fans"
In response to Reply # 0

>70% of Los Angeles is incapable of
>even watching the game

That's a joke people say, right?

I don't like the season starting in Australia either. And as a fan of the team that's probably been the biggest beneficiary of scouting Australia,* I'm not actually interested in the game growing there to the point where it interests other teams as much as Minnesota. Unless the turf war forces Mike Radcliff into some kind of dance-fighting.

*to the degree Grant Balfour, Mike Nakamura, Glen "I got a hit in every MLB game I played in" Williams, Luke Hughes, Liam Hendriks, Trent Oeltjen, and Brad Thomas can be called "benefits"

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Sat Mar-22-14 09:53 AM

2. "Sadly, that number is a direct quote from the LA Times"
In response to Reply # 1

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-dodger-tv-blackout-20140321,-2010,6217403,full.story#axzz2wY9ghTU4

I made it 4 innings before I said, "That's enough" and went to sleep.

If the season ended today, the 2014 NL MVP would be Scott Van Slyke.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2309093 Previous topic | Next topic