Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2304235

Subject: "The G.O.A.T., L.B. drops some truth bombs." Previous topic | Next topic
TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Mar-05-14 06:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"The G.O.A.T., L.B. drops some truth bombs."

Sidebar: props for having Snow & Lynch as assistants.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10556427&city=dallas&src=desktop

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Here's The Thing
Mar 05th 2014
I hope the NBPA doesn't go for this BS.
Mar 05th 2014
snow & lynch is old news. snow will be an NBA head coach one day
Mar 05th 2014

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed Mar-05-14 07:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Here's The Thing"
In response to Reply # 0

He's right on some cases, but I think that the league as a whole doesn't really listen to what the players reactions are to the orientation (NFL symposium is guilty of this as well)...if you see that the players don't really get anything out of it, that might be cause for alarm

I never agreed with the must stay 3 years in college because the best players RIGHT TODAY spent either none or 1. Plus, I don't trust college coaches much. I appreciate cats like Boeheim and Cal, who at least are upfront with how much (or how little) kids would need college

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28861 posts
Wed Mar-05-14 07:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I hope the NBPA doesn't go for this BS. "
In response to Reply # 0

This BS outrage disguises the NCAA's insistence upon higher ratings for March Madness. Two years of colleges guarantees higher ratings because star players are forced to play two years for free. I don't buy the argument that most star players will jump to the D League because they said the same thing about players playing in europe last time.

Remember, these same people rallying for an age limit have no problems with baseball, golf, tennis, or hockey. The Dan Patricks of the world said the same things about letting players leave for high school. They wanted to see star players play one year in college. They got that and bitched about the requirement later. This feigned outrage won't sfop until players are forced to play four years of college.

College doesn't make everyone better. In other words, it's not guaranteed that everyone needs two full years of college basketball to get ready for the pros.

The NBPA shouldn't go for this because it makes careers shorter. There's less time to make money over the course of a career. Imagine the next KD getting injured his second year of college basketball because he's playing against scrubs wifh nothing fo lose. Why should any fan have to wait two full seasons until they draft a star player?

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Wed Mar-05-14 08:59 PM

3. "snow & lynch is old news. snow will be an NBA head coach one day"
In response to Reply # 0

i have not been this certain about a player becoming a coach and a good one since nate mcmillan. hornacek, doc rivers and mark jackson were all guys i had a strong feeling about, but i'd say mcmillan and snow were ever stronger to me during their playing careers.

lb's comments are kinda drivel-ish to me. are there not men like e snow and george lynch coaching in the NBA and the d league? do most programs really give two fucks about their players' education?

the d league would need to be strengthened, obviously, but that would happen in short order.

now the last thing he said made some sense, an mlb-ish system for the draft might be intriguing

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2304235 Previous topic | Next topic