Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2272601

Subject: "Beltran to the Yankees?" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Dec-06-13 10:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Beltran to the Yankees?"

I heard 3-year deal...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Done.....3/45...fuck
Dec 06th 2013
Can't be mad at those numbers nm.
Dec 07th 2013
Apparently he took 3mil less to come to the Yankees nm.
Dec 07th 2013
      heard he and the Royals were talking....wonder if it was them
Dec 07th 2013
They're going to need to figure out how to get younger eventually
Dec 07th 2013
i dig this move
Dec 08th 2013

Dstl1
Charter member
56239 posts
Fri Dec-06-13 10:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Done.....3/45...fuck"
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Sat Dec-07-13 02:31 AM

2. "Can't be mad at those numbers nm. "
In response to Reply # 1

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Sat Dec-07-13 02:05 PM

3. "Apparently he took 3mil less to come to the Yankees nm. "
In response to Reply # 1

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

Dstl1
Charter member
56239 posts
Sat Dec-07-13 02:40 PM

5. "heard he and the Royals were talking....wonder if it was them"
In response to Reply # 3

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Walleye
Charter member
15524 posts
Sat Dec-07-13 02:19 PM

4. "They're going to need to figure out how to get younger eventually"
In response to Reply # 0

In the meantime, it looks like they've got a rosterful of guys who got longer deals than expected because they can always DH to save their legs. That's actually not a bad idea as far as it goes, but I don't think that scheduled rest via bench/DH spots is really going to stand up to player decay over a long timeline.

Whatever. The Yankees don't have the luxury of punting a season. There was an article somewhere (BPro, I think) that says that they suffer in huge disproportion to every other team when they fall below some (fairly high, if I recall, like 85 win) threshold.

I suspect they'll be the ones to fully smash the international signing bonus restrictions when the next truly elite talent comes up. The penalties for doing that are less severe than overspending in the draft.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:14 AM

6. "i dig this move"
In response to Reply # 0

we got him for next october good move

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2272601 Previous topic | Next topic