Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2203257

Subject: "Floyd Mayweather: Bron better than MJ (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 11:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Floyd Mayweather: Bron better than MJ (link)"

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/06/floyd-mayweather-thinks-lebron-james-better-michael-jordan

Floyd Mayweather Thinks LeBron James Is a Better Basketball Player Than Michael Jordan Was
BY CHRIS YUSCAVAGE | JUN 28, 2013 | 11:12 AM

LeBron James or Michael Jordan? By now, it feels like we've heard everyone chime in on this debate. But earlier this week, Floyd Mayweather got in on the action, too, during a radio interview with ESPN Chicago 1000. When asked which player he would take between LBJ and MJ, Money May went with the unpopular opinion.

"Who's a better player between LeBron James and Michael Jordan?" he said. "I would say LeBron James. And I'm from the Michael Jordan era. I'm 36 years old…We're not talking about championships, because if we're talking about championships, Bill Russell has 11. And the dunks Michael Jordan was doing in the dunk contest, Julius Erving was doing it…Really, when we're talking about who's the best basketball player, it's just an opinion."

Mayweather may have been biased when answering the question, though. Towards the end of the interview, he also talked about his loyalty to the Miami Heat and, specifically, LeBron.

"LeBron James, I'm proud of you," he said. "I never turned my back on LeBron James when everybody said it wasn't right for him to go to the Heat. He went there and did what he said he was going to do."

He sure did. But does that make him better than Michael? Hmmm…The debate rages on.

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ok
Jun 28th 2013
he's right. MJ has the better career though
Jun 28th 2013
^^^^^^^
Jun 28th 2013
Biased as fock, he beats women & dodged Pac when he was his prime
Jun 28th 2013
Another Flawless Victory For Floyd
Jun 28th 2013
Come on...Jordan would not have turned the ball over...
Jun 28th 2013
bailed out?
Jun 28th 2013
Well that is how you win a championship as a team
Jun 28th 2013
      RE: Well that is how you win a championship as a team
Jun 28th 2013
i agree with Him Bron is the best period
Jun 30th 2013

EastEnd
Member since Oct 31st 2012
92 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 12:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Ok"
In response to Reply # 0

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 01:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "he's right. MJ has the better career though"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~

DanSpeak
Charter member
3089 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 10:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 2

But they don' hear you doe .....

https://twitter.com/DJDanSpeak

https://soundcloud.com/dan-speak/the-voyage-mix?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 03:21 PM

3. "Biased as fock, he beats women & dodged Pac when he was his prime"
In response to Reply # 0

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 03:29 PM

4. "Another Flawless Victory For Floyd"
In response to Reply # 0

Member since Jun 27th 2006
933 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 08:26 PM

5. "Come on...Jordan would not have turned the ball over..."
In response to Reply # 0

twice in game six in the last three minutes and have to get bailed out by two Chris Bosh offense rebounds and a Ray Allen three.

It is amazing how history would have been very different for Lebron and the Heat if Ray did not hit that three. The media would have killed Lebron over those two turnovers.

The Heat came through though in the end.

However, I still see Jordan as the better player.

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 10:02 PM

6. "bailed out?"
In response to Reply # 5

>twice in game six in the last three minutes and have to get
>bailed out by two Chris Bosh offense rebounds and a Ray Allen
>three.
>

he single handedly brought them back from a double digit deficit in the 4th quarter
nigga probably turned the ball over cause his back was hurting for carrying them bum niggas the previous 12 minutes
god peoples narratives are so fucking dumb

~~~~~~

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 10:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Well that is how you win a championship as a team"
In response to Reply # 5

Can you list all the championships Jordan won by himself with no errors?

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

SoleMan
Charter member
1079 posts
Fri Jun-28-13 10:38 PM

9. "RE: Well that is how you win a championship as a team"
In response to Reply # 7

Good thing John Paxon and Steve Kerr never hit any big threes for the Bulls. Rodman never had any big time plays and Pippen never did anything.

"My GPA at Georgia Tech? I don't know. My SAT scores bad." -Steph

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Jun-30-13 01:37 PM

10. "i agree with Him Bron is the best period"
In response to Reply # 0

his upside is better and he is doing things i have never seen another player do. he is combo of the best and yet he has his own stamp

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2203257 Previous topic | Next topic