Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2157168

Subject: "From Incarcerated to Exonerated to Roster slated (swipe):" Previous topic | Next topic
Castro
Charter member
50750 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"From Incarcerated to Exonerated to Roster slated (swipe):"

I don't care if dude only plays special teams- it is good that he was able to clear his name and chase his dreams...

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/03/brian-banks-atlanta-falcons-exonerated-rape/

The Atlanta Falcons have signed Brian Banks, a one-time high school football star who served five years in prison and five years on probation for a rape he didn’t commit, reports FOX’s Jay Glazer.

Gang, I’m reporting the best scoop I could ever report: my man FINALLY has his dream back: Falcons have just signed @brianbanksfree!!!!

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 3, 2013

At age 16, Banks was a top-tier recruit who had been offered a scholarship to USC. Then, a classmate accused him of rape. As ESPN’s Rick Reilly reported in May 2012, Banks pleaded guilty at the urging of his lawyer and served 62 months in prison.

But then, out of nowhere, the classmate contacted Banks on Facebook, which ultimately led to a meeting where she admitted he was innocent. A judge threw out his conviction.

(See more about Banks’ story on this clip from 60 Minutes).

Reilly reported shortly after his release that Banks had offers to try out for the Dolphins, Seahawks, Chiefs and Redskins. He was invited back for Seattle’s minicamp but didn’t stick with the team. He ended up signing with the UFL’s Las Vegas Locos in September.

But now he has a shot with Atlanta.

I just heard @brianbanksfree from the complex. Just passed his physical and said “Jay, I’m on Cloud 10, I passed Cloud 9.” I love it!

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 3, 2013

------------------
One Hundred.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Good for him, I'd love to see him make the team
Apr 03rd 2013
need more info on this...
Apr 03rd 2013
youtube it...there a 60 minutes clip from 2 weeks ago
Apr 03rd 2013
thanks...i just found this.
Apr 03rd 2013
Gotta see if I can find the 60 Minutes story.....
Apr 03rd 2013
      damn shame...is there a statute of limitations on false accusations/
Apr 03rd 2013
:)
Apr 03rd 2013

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Good for him, I'd love to see him make the team"
In response to Reply # 0

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:03 AM

2. "need more info on this..."
In response to Reply # 0

>But then, out of nowhere, the classmate contacted Banks on Facebook, which ultimately led to a meeting where she admitted he was innocent. A judge threw out his conviction.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "youtube it...there a 60 minutes clip from 2 weeks ago"
In response to Reply # 2

all about it

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:06 AM

5. "thanks...i just found this."
In response to Reply # 4

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/brian-banks-accuser-caugh_n_1581605.html

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Gotta see if I can find the 60 Minutes story....."
In response to Reply # 2

But it is basically what it says, he was out, wearing a monitor anklet when she hit him up on Facebook taking about lets talk. His attorney set up a meeting where they got her to confess on tape that he didn't rape her and she was scared to tell the truth because they had also sued the school district and gotten an over million dollar settlement. They took the video to the judge who threw out the conviction....

okunre2013.tumblr.com/ | @okunre2013
ATL :: 2013 :: 7/5 – 7/7 | #kickball | #tubing | #debauchery

You gon' live forever
Whether you want to or not
Some of us gon' end up holy
Some of us gon' end up hot.....

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:53 AM

7. "damn shame...is there a statute of limitations on false accusations/"
In response to Reply # 6

false police report? I wonder.

No one's getting a dime from her..that money long gone. Anchor said that whhen she went to the PI's office, she took the bus.

truly disgusting.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Wed Apr-03-13 10:03 AM

3. ":)"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2157168 Previous topic | Next topic