Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2147024

Subject: "Remember when Por. media roasted Felton for too much offseason roasting?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Remember when Por. media roasted Felton for too much offseason roasting?"

Well apparently Felton does.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/felton-face-squad-knicks-play-trail-blazers-article-1.1288173

DENVER — Raymond Felton developed an uncanny knack for turning just about everyone against him during his one season in Portland. Fans, media and even his coach soured on the point guard, who was admittedly out of shape and unproductive.

That’s actually a nice way of putting it. Fans in the Pacific Northwest preferred using words such as “fat” and “dog” to describe Felton’s 60-game run with the Trail Blazers last season. It turned ugly for Felton then, and it figures to reach a nasty level Thursday night when he returns to face his former team.

“I really don’t care man,” Felton said on Wednesday before the Knicks’ 117-94 loss to the Nuggets, another of his former teams. “I’m going to laugh the whole time, really. It’s going to be funny to me because I’m happy now. I’m where I want to be. I could care less what they do or what they say. That’s behind me. That’s in the past.

“I never one time made any excuses. I came in and I was out of shape. I said that from the beginning. I said that the whole time. As far as anything else they want to say, it’s not true and they can say whatever. I’m going to be as positive as I can be. I’m going to have a big grin and a smile on my face and laugh at whatever comes at me.”

Felton, who was skewered in the press for skewering in the offseason, appears to have a bigger issue with the media than with fans.

“I think it is probably the worst moment I had in basketball was there for sure,” Felton added, who scored eight points Wednesday. “I’m not going to put it on the fans. Some of the fans there were great. I made a lot of good friends there. I met a lot of good, real Portland Trail Blazers fans there. I’m not going to talk junk about the fans there. Certain people there I don’t want to see and better not come near me.”

When asked who was specifically referring to, Felton said: “Just whoever, I’m not going to say who.”

Felton, who has played well this season in his second stint with the Knicks, accepted responsibility for his performance and fitness not being up to standard with Portland. Felton wrongly believed that the NBA labor dispute would wipe out the season and wasn’t in shape when the season began on Dec. 25.

“It was kinda being put into an unfair situation,” he said. “You really didn’t have a training camp to (develop) chemistry, and that’s big for a point guard especially coming to a new team, new arena and new organization. And that didn’t play into my favor.

“Then I was out of shape. I got kinda relaxed because I didn’t think we were going to have a season. I did what I had to do. I felt like I was professional, didn’t talk bad about anybody, didn’t try to cause any drama even though that was said about me. The only drama that I own up to is that I was out of shape. That’s it.”

Felton averaged 11.4 points and 6.5 assists per game last season — down from his averages of 15.5 and 8.3 the previous season, which he split between the Knicks and Nuggets.

Dude... you came into camp fat, outta shaped and sucked. What don't you understand about that?

-The Knicksā€™ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Fat people looking for excuses on being fat...
Mar 14th 2013
Does he understand what being "professional" means...
Mar 14th 2013
no shit lol
Mar 14th 2013
lin better
Mar 14th 2013
foh isola
Mar 14th 2013
Read This: LOL
Mar 14th 2013
      god bless crocodile dundee for having a choice.
Mar 14th 2013
           lol
Mar 14th 2013
the week of torment continues
Mar 14th 2013
i circled the utah game on my calendar.
Mar 14th 2013
remember when everyon was hurt last year and we won 7 in a row
Mar 14th 2013
http://i.imgur.com/zkv9QIL.jpg
Mar 14th 2013
      http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/355/rff.jpg
Mar 14th 2013
           http://i.imgur.com/e7LvM6T.jpg
Mar 14th 2013
                lol you killing me.
Mar 14th 2013
RE: Remember when Por. media roasted Felton for too much offseason roast...
Mar 14th 2013
Does anyone besides subjctmatter, spm & br jimmy's bbq like felton?
Mar 14th 2013
SPM doesnt like him
Mar 14th 2013
ugh....
Mar 14th 2013
I like him more than Lin, but he ain't the long term answer either
Mar 15th 2013
btw Dame Grease is lighting this fat nigga up.
Mar 14th 2013
lol @ better not come near me, what a cornball
Mar 14th 2013
Lillian's and cwebb roasted this nigga all game
Mar 15th 2013
Jason Quick turns out to be the culprit
Mar 15th 2013
RE: Remember when Por. media roasted Felton for too much offseason roast...
Mar 15th 2013

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 09:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Fat people looking for excuses on being fat..."
In response to Reply # 0

Ray needs to take that shit to Dr. Oz.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

gmltheone
Member since Jun 11th 2003
8564 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 09:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Does he understand what being "professional" means..."
In response to Reply # 0

He came out of shape and unprepared to play.

----------------------------
Same as it ever was!

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35208 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 09:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "no shit lol"
In response to Reply # 2

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 09:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "lin better"
In response to Reply # 0

themaddfapper
Member since Mar 09th 2010
7558 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:03 AM

5. "foh isola"
In response to Reply # 0

first:

>Felton, who has played well this season in his second stint
>with the Knicks,

http://i.imgur.com/Hx2Gaga.gif

then how you gonna write this:

accepted responsibility for his performance
>and fitness not being up to standard with Portland.

when he says this:
>“It was kinda being put into an unfair situation,”

and this:
>
>“Then I was out of shape. I got kinda relaxed because I didn’t
>think we were going to have a season. I did what I had to do.
>I felt like I was professional,

that's not accepting responsibility, nor being professional. and speaking of unfair, how bout the blazers paying you money to play and the one thing you control, what goes in your mouth and your effort, isn't helping them win ballgames.

I'm finding it harder and harder to like any of these people.

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43347 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Read This: LOL"
In response to Reply # 5

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1a9gal/im_an_australian_who_has_been_following_the_nba/

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

themaddfapper
7558 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:14 AM

7. "god bless crocodile dundee for having a choice."
In response to Reply # 6

i was cursed by geography.

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:14 AM

8. "lol"
In response to Reply # 7

-The Knicksā€™ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:15 AM

9. "the week of torment continues"
In response to Reply # 0

Damian Lilard is going to fry this dude.

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:22 AM

10. "i circled the utah game on my calendar."
In response to Reply # 9

at least this is happening during a tough road trip.

we woulda lost 2 or 3 of these games with everyone healthy anyway

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:23 AM

11. "remember when everyon was hurt last year and we won 7 in a row"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-14-13 10:26 AM by Cenario

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2817/628x348.jpg

themaddfapper
7558 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:51 AM

12. "http://i.imgur.com/zkv9QIL.jpg"
In response to Reply # 11

http://i.imgur.com/zkv9QIL.jpg

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:58 AM

13. "http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/355/rff.jpg"
In response to Reply # 12

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/355/rff.jpg

themaddfapper
7558 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 11:00 AM

14. "http://i.imgur.com/e7LvM6T.jpg"
In response to Reply # 13

http://i.imgur.com/e7LvM6T.jpg

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 11:41 AM

15. "lol you killing me."
In response to Reply # 14

remember when spree came back to the garden as a twolve and cursed dolan out in zeke's first game as president(or whatever his title initially was)

that might have been my favorite garden moment ever

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:02 PM

16. "RE: Remember when Por. media roasted Felton for too much offseason roast..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1aU0TtBkc

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.ā€¯ (c) The God

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:05 PM

17. "Does anyone besides subjctmatter, spm & br jimmy's bbq like felton?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-14-13 12:07 PM by Cenario

the best thing about him is that he makes $3million a year which is a great price for our backup pg next season.

The only question is how/where do we get a starter???

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43347 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:13 PM

18. "SPM doesnt like him"
In response to Reply # 17

What could you get in the draft?

Myck Kabongo could drop to the 20s but the way hes playing he may end up top 20.

Supposedly they could cut white and sign delonte but hes not a long term answer either.

You can find options overseas like Rockets found Beverley.

Go sign NJ's own Quincy Douby from the CBA

Dude just dropped 75 in a game.

http://deadspin.com/5972875/quincy-douby-scored-a-league+record-75-points-in-china

Hes more of a undersized 2 though

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Cenario
59131 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:16 PM

19. "ugh...."
In response to Reply # 18

>What could you get in the draft?
>
>Myck Kabongo could drop to the 20s but the way hes playing he
>may end up top 20.
>
>Supposedly they could cut white and sign delonte but hes not a
>long term answer either.
>
>
>You can find options overseas like Rockets found Beverley.
>
>Go sign NJ's own Quincy Douby from the CBA
>
>
>Dude just dropped 75 in a game.
>
>http://deadspin.com/5972875/quincy-douby-scored-a-league+record-75-points-in-china
>
>Hes more of a undersized 2 though

subjctmattr
Charter member
7987 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 08:10 AM

25. "I like him more than Lin, but he ain't the long term answer either"
In response to Reply # 17

themaddfapper
7558 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 11:38 PM

20. "btw Dame Grease is lighting this fat nigga up."
In response to Reply # 0

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 11:53 PM

21. "lol @ better not come near me, what a cornball"
In response to Reply # 0

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Cenario
59131 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:09 AM

22. "Lillian's and cwebb roasted this nigga all game"
In response to Reply # 0

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 02:16 AM

23. "Jason Quick turns out to be the culprit"
In response to Reply # 0

Quick has never been one to make many friends. He was pretty brutal on the Trailblazers previous front office before ripping on Felton last season.

Per his Twitter: "I was the only one Felton wouldn't take questions from. Dang it. I guess I was the one he didn't want to come around him. #sadface"

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 06:04 AM

24. "RE: Remember when Por. media roasted Felton for too much offseason roast..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22006000/ngbbs4cd1c9d65b09e.gif

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.ā€¯ (c) The God

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2147024 Previous topic | Next topic