Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2146034

Subject: "St. Louis Rams Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"St. Louis Rams Offseason Post"

We already signed TE Jared Cook, honestly I don't really know much about him but he's supposed to be a player, he has great measurables and he's supposedly better than his stats show...

Rumors are that we will sign OT Jake Long if he passes the physical...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
but why another TE when you are gonna lose
Mar 12th 2013
I guess Sam isnt gonna be airing it out
Mar 12th 2013
I like Danny but he is what he is, an injury-prone, undersized...
Mar 12th 2013
      got a lot of respect for Gibson, though...
Mar 13th 2013
           He's survived been less shitty in a group of shitty guys but I won't...
Mar 13th 2013
I like the Cook sigining a lot.....and
Mar 12th 2013
If Long and Delmas sign
Mar 13th 2013
      dude...I've heard they are extremeley aroused over Lacy
Mar 13th 2013
      Really?
Mar 13th 2013
           aw nah, man....nothing official ...
Mar 13th 2013
                Richardson is decent but he's not an every down back, whether it's...
Mar 13th 2013
      I love Delmas, but he makes for a shitty plan A
Mar 13th 2013
           I think they'll do what they did last year with the CB position...
Mar 13th 2013
                I agree
Mar 13th 2013
Rams Sign Jake Long....
Mar 13th 2013
now I guess it's semi-official...Jake is a Ram
Mar 17th 2013
4/34....16 guaranteed and another 4 guaranteed in 2014
Mar 17th 2013
St. Louis owns Miami yet again
Mar 18th 2013

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "but why another TE when you are gonna lose"
In response to Reply # 0

two receivers?

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 07:20 PM

2. "I guess Sam isnt gonna be airing it out"
In response to Reply # 1

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 11:05 PM

4. "I like Danny but he is what he is, an injury-prone, undersized..."
In response to Reply # 1

possession receiver, if he gets a crazy offer from elsewhere I wish him well, I won't lose any sleep over Gibson leaving either

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:48 AM

13. "got a lot of respect for Gibson, though..."
In response to Reply # 4

they tried to out-draft him for years, but he wouldn't let it happen. Last season he was very reliable and made some spectacular grabs, too.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 12:20 PM

14. "He's survived been less shitty in a group of shitty guys but I won't..."
In response to Reply # 13

lose and sleep over him, Quick needs to step up and show and prove why they drafted him over some other WR's that had better college careers and better rookie years

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 10:37 PM

3. "I like the Cook sigining a lot.....and"
In response to Reply # 0

if we land Jake Long and Louis Delmas...those are 2 of the positions that we had the greatest need...

all that would set us up nicely ..particularly for those 3 picks in the first 2 rounds....

the Rams could very well end up with the top RB in the draft....AND the top WR in the draft....

lots of people are wondering what the rams are doing....Jax is likely gone....Amendola and Gibson...

here's the thing..

lets say we snag Lacy in the draft....he and Darryl Richardson would make a nice 1-2 combo.....

and as far as WR..... Givens showed that he can be a real play maker leading the league in yds per reception for a rookie.... Quick showed promise at the end of the season once he got playing time...and Pettis...a guy who I had completely soured on showed a lot of promise in the slot with some big receptions for us...

The Rams just need to add 2 WR to that mix...

I think Amendola is a possiblity to come back....but if not...I'm not mad.... again...we could get Tavon Austin in the first AND Lacy...or wait and get Coradalle Patterson in the 2nd......

We are sitting in a solid spot and once that should improve the better our FA shopping goes...

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 08:26 AM

5. "If Long and Delmas sign"
In response to Reply # 3

It will make things interesting for the draft.

I don't think they will take Lacy. I think they could take a RB later in the draft. They still have Pead and Richardson.

I'm thinking Warmack would be nice if he's still there. Signing Long and drafting Warmack could go a long way to giving Bradford better protection.

Then, maybe Tavon Austin with pick 22. He could be a nice upgrade on Amendola and also would give the Rams a return man.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 08:28 AM

6. "dude...I've heard they are extremeley aroused over Lacy"
In response to Reply # 5

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 08:40 AM

7. "Really?"
In response to Reply # 6

Link?

I don't doubt what you're saying. I'm not from St-Louis, so I don't know what's being talked about on the radio, in the papers, etc.

I haven't read glowing reviews of Lacy, so it would be surprising to me, but I guess it wouldn't be bad to get a replacement for Jackson.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 10:33 AM

8. "aw nah, man....nothing official ..."
In response to Reply # 7

just scuttlebutt. I got a couple friends who spend some time at Rams' Park.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:15 AM

9. "Richardson is decent but he's not an every down back, whether it's..."
In response to Reply # 8

through the draft or free agency we'll definitely have to pick up another back somewhere to help replace SJ39

Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "I love Delmas, but he makes for a shitty plan A"
In response to Reply # 5

You'll need quality depth behind him. "Depth behind Delmas" becomes "starter" for about 4-8 games a year. Hope that's not true though, he's a great guy and I'd love to see him tear it up, even if it's not in the D.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:31 AM

11. "I think they'll do what they did last year with the CB position..."
In response to Reply # 10

get one in FA and draft one.

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:47 AM

12. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 11
Wed Mar-13-13 12:11 PM by Jekyll_Hyde

I think the Rams will take a safety and WR with 2 of their first 3 picks.

I could definitely see something like Warmack/Cooper at 16, Austin/Allen at 22 and then maybe Cyprien at 46 if they're lucky. Or, Vaccaro at 16, Austin/Allen at 22 and then either a RB or a guard in round 2.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 01:36 PM

15. "Rams Sign Jake Long...."
In response to Reply # 0

Report: Jake Long agrees to deal with Rams
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT

Getty ImagesThe Dolphins had money to spend on linebackers, but not for the guy they spent the first pick in the 2008 Draft on.

Now, Jake Long has a new home, as Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports Long has agreed to a contract with the Rams.

While that might now start a chain reaction of line moves, it gives Sam Bradford the kind of protection he’s lacked.

If Long holds up physically, it’s potentially a good move for the Rams, though the Dolphins were apparently concerned about that being the case. That clears the way for the Dolphins to move Jonathan Martin to left tackle after a year on the right.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Sun Mar-17-13 11:36 PM

16. "now I guess it's semi-official...Jake is a Ram"
In response to Reply # 15

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Sun Mar-17-13 11:59 PM

17. "4/34....16 guaranteed and another 4 guaranteed in 2014"
In response to Reply # 16

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Mon Mar-18-13 08:33 AM

18. "St. Louis owns Miami yet again"
In response to Reply # 15

Next, the Rams steal their lunch money.

I n all seriousness, I LOVE this move. This opens up so many optiona at the draft now. Love it.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2146034 Previous topic | Next topic