Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2145942

Subject: "Mike Wallace to the Dolphins 5/65M" Previous topic | Next topic
tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 04:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Mike Wallace to the Dolphins 5/65M"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21861873/report-mike-wallace-reaches-agreement-with-dolphins

yea as a steeler fan
good for him
i said if he got less than 13/year and left id be mad
but getting 13....id play in alaska

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Anquan Boldin says put on your big boy pants!
Mar 12th 2013
Ridiculous money.
Mar 12th 2013
It's a lot of money but the Dolphins needed him
Mar 12th 2013
yes-overpaying for receivers has worked out well for the Dolphins so far
Mar 12th 2013
      So the Dolphins should have done what then?
Mar 12th 2013
           was contraction not an option? I don't care what the Dolphins do
Mar 12th 2013
                I'm not suggesting their fortunes are going to change now with Wallace
Mar 13th 2013
                we definitely need to draft better & we got 5 picks in the first 3 rnds
Mar 13th 2013
can the dolphins qb even throw it that deep
Mar 12th 2013
tannyhill? yeah he got a loose cannon for an arm.
Mar 12th 2013
      he can also very loosely be described as starter-caliber in this league
Mar 12th 2013
awesome. overpaid, overrated, and they won't take Patterson now
Mar 12th 2013
RE: and they won't take Patterson now
Mar 12th 2013
      fins got too many holes to get redundant with a high first rounder
Mar 12th 2013
           that's who u want the Jets to take ?
Mar 13th 2013
                no, but I'm sufficiently impressed w/ him that I don't want him on Miami
Mar 13th 2013
                     if we don't draft Patterson it'll be because of Hartline, not Wallace
Mar 13th 2013
                          ur right, but if they spend dough on Keller now too, no way it happens
Mar 13th 2013
Mar 13th 2013
Phil Emery continues to screw the Dolphins...
Mar 12th 2013
Miami is def overspending, but improving a lot
Mar 13th 2013
Peace Mike. Not mad at all nm
Mar 13th 2013

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 05:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Anquan Boldin says put on your big boy pants!"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

blueeclipse
Member since Apr 12th 2009
1855 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 05:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Ridiculous money."
In response to Reply # 0

I like Mike Wallace a ton. I'm a Steelers fan. I'm glad he went to a shitty team so we won't be hearing from him too much when it counts. But this is an obscene amount of money for a WR who can't high point the ball and runs suspect routes. He will be the third highest paid WR in the league after Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. C'mon son. Those guy are COMPLETE receivers.

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 05:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "It's a lot of money but the Dolphins needed him"
In response to Reply # 0

and they weren't getting a WR that good anywhere else.

So they overpaid a little but its worth it.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 05:42 PM

4. "yes-overpaying for receivers has worked out well for the Dolphins so far"
In response to Reply # 3

word to BMarshall catching balls in Chicago & David Boston's exploding veins.

Percy about to get Joe Flacco money outta Carroll.

icecold21
8433 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "So the Dolphins should have done what then?"
In response to Reply # 4

Paid less to Greg Jennings and hope for the best? Keep what they have and maybe draft a guy? Wallace is proven and way less of a liability than Marshall or Boston. And their history of free agent WR signings is irrelevant as to how Wallace works out. They were desperate for help there and they got it. If they paid a little too much, so what? They did what they had to do.

And from what I understand Harvin is getting paid V-Jax/Bowe money, which ain't bad provided he stays healthy.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:53 PM

8. "was contraction not an option? I don't care what the Dolphins do"
In response to Reply # 5

I ain't buying their coach, their QB, their GM or really anybody else down there anyway.

But you'd think at some point folks would notice that the consistently successful organizations are the ones that keep letting these receivers & running backs go when they're pricetag starts to overwhelm their value on the open market but keep chugging along just fine while the bad teams pay big money for diminishing returns.

We don't know what they're gonna grind down Percy to taking but we do know he was laughably asking for Top 3 WR money, the team that drafted him got sick enough of him that they moved on rather than pay him & that Wallace getting paid only helps his price.

When you add that they gave up three draft choices (including a 1st & 2nd, even more than the Dophins did to get Marshall a couple years back) then the move was kinda dumb but I guess if Seattle breaks through it can be spun as worth it.

Wallace is proven? Proven what? That he's fast & can put up respectable numbers starting on the Steelers when Big Ben is taking snaps?

That's been proven a lot of times up there in Iron City recently.

Marshall was/is way better than dude.

The only way a bad team stops being a bad team in the NFL is hitting on their high draft picks & then using free-agency for plugging wholes or finding undervalued players.

But dumb-ass teams like the Dolphins & Bills will try to bandage up gaping wounds with big-name bandages then act surprised when they're still swimming in the same shit.

icecold21
8433 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 12:14 AM

14. "I'm not suggesting their fortunes are going to change now with Wallace"
In response to Reply # 8

signing. The Fins are going all in with Tannehill and Wallace was the best option to give him some help. He's certainly not as good as Marshall and they still need a lot more help but I won't knock for making a splash. At least they didn't give up picks and they had the cap space. I agree, unless it's a QB like Brees or Peyton, spending big on big names in free agency isn't the blueprint to building a winner. I don't know if they're going to get their money's worth or not but they'll at least be better and they got the best available to help a guy that's going to be their future for at least the next few years.

LBs Finest
Member since Sep 28th 2005
19846 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 03:25 AM

15. "we definitely need to draft better & we got 5 picks in the first 3 rnds"
In response to Reply # 8

this year so we'll have some opportunities to get some good talent.

as for Wallace, did we overpay? yes, but everyone said Tampa overpaid for V-Jax @ 11 mil/yr but he was great for them, and I think Wallace can have that same impact here. he's stayed healthy, only missing 1 game in his 4 year career, and i don't know how you could possibly say Wallace isn't proven, he's arguably been the most dangerous deep threat in the league. since 09 nobody has more catches or TDs of 40+ yards than he does. i mean the guy has 32 TDs in the last 4 years, that ranks 4th of all WRs. so this guy has been pretty productive. and the other thing you shouldn't overlook is the fact that just his presence out there will open up the field for the other weapons on offense.

it's unfortunate we don't have a GM that can find a Mike Wallace in the 3rd round like Kevin Colbert did but hey, we had boatloads of cap space and a desperate need for playmakers so that's why we signed the guy. we still have more needs, but we also still have cap space and we'll have 10 draft picks in April to continue to improve the team

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4381 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:07 PM

6. "can the dolphins qb even throw it that deep"
In response to Reply # 0

and who is their qb again?

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85068 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:09 PM

7. "tannyhill? yeah he got a loose cannon for an arm."
In response to Reply # 6

<--- Big Baller World Order

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 06:54 PM

9. "he can also very loosely be described as starter-caliber in this league"
In response to Reply # 7

KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 07:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "awesome. overpaid, overrated, and they won't take Patterson now"
In response to Reply # 0

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 08:22 PM

12. "RE: and they won't take Patterson now"
In response to Reply # 10

ahhh, not so fast grasshoppa...

KosherSam
70132 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 08:51 PM

13. "fins got too many holes to get redundant with a high first rounder"
In response to Reply # 12

*Jews you*

<-- In Pigpen we trust

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 07:37 AM

17. "that's who u want the Jets to take ? "
In response to Reply # 13

KosherSam
70132 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 08:44 AM

18. "no, but I'm sufficiently impressed w/ him that I don't want him on Miami"
In response to Reply # 17

we pick before them anyway.

If the Jets would have gotten Wallace, I wouldn't expect them to draft Patterson either. Teams drafting as high as the Jets and Dolphins are can't afford to use a high draft pick on a guy that plays the same position with the same skillset as a FA they just signed for 13MM/year.

If the fins draft Patterson after giving wallace all that money, they're idiots. so in a way, I hope they do, but I think Patterson will be good, so I hope they don't.

*Jews you*

<-- In Pigpen we trust

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 03:15 PM

20. "if we don't draft Patterson it'll be because of Hartline, not Wallace"
In response to Reply # 18
Wed Mar-13-13 03:17 PM by LBs Finest

hell i still think we should take CP, i'm not gonna pass on the best offensive skill position player in the whole draft just because i have Wallace/Hartline/Bess, that's not enough nowadays, even if we added a TE, Bess is on his last year and his future with the team is up in the air, and Hartline isn't really a guy who makes plays, he's a sure-handed, move the chains type of guy, just like Bess. so as it stands we still only have 1 true playmaking receiver (we'll see if we add a Keller or any more receivers in FA).

you look at the great offenses around the league and they are stacked with playmakers. not to mention how cheap paying the #12 pick in the draft is nowadays. we have 10 draft picks next month to address other needs anyway.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 03:59 PM

21. "ur right, but if they spend dough on Keller now too, no way it happens"
In response to Reply # 20

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 10:18 PM

22. "."
In response to Reply # 21
Wed Mar-13-13 10:18 PM by LBs Finest

select_from_where
Member since Jan 03rd 2011
4342 posts
Tue Mar-12-13 07:10 PM

11. "Phil Emery continues to screw the Dolphins..."
In response to Reply # 0

Now your paying another WR major moolah,

and the balance? a third round pick.

#Bears bitches...

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 07:36 AM

16. "Miami is def overspending, but improving a lot"
In response to Reply # 0

if it works, maybe they challenge the pats a little next year, if it doesnt, Ireland will be next to Tannenbaum on NFL Network soon enough

El_essence
Charter member
24899 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 10:56 AM

19. "Peace Mike. Not mad at all nm"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2145942 Previous topic | Next topic