Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2111406

Subject: "You hear that quivering, rattling noise? It's LBs Finest shaking in his ..." Previous topic | Next topic
guru0509
Charter member
45302 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 12:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"You hear that quivering, rattling noise? It's LBs Finest shaking in his ..."
Mon Jan-14-13 12:02 PM by guru0509

ya heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet...(c)

The once proud U is about to be nuked back into the stone age....

Miami NCAA Notice of Allegations Expected within 72 Hours

Coral Gables, Fla. Miami Coach Al Golden had a good week of press this past week with the news of hiring former FIU head coach Mario Cristobal to his staff. The week of positive press Coach Golden and the University will be short-lived. According to a source close to the University of Miamis NCAA investigation, the University is expected to receive the Notice of Allegations (NOA) from the NCAA within the next 72 hours. Upon receiving the NOA the University will have up to three months to respond at which time they will go before NCAA infractions committee . According to the source, whom spoke under the condition of anonymity, the University can elect which of the allegations in the NOA to release publicly due to being a private institution. It is not likely the University will release the entire NOA to the general public and will elect to release certain aspects of the NOA that are believed to have already been a known allegation.

We also learned the NOA does involve multiple University athletic programs to include Football and both mens and womens basketball. Some of the information we have obtained leads us to believe the University basketball program will be implicated in providing improper benefits to potential basketball recruits to include violations of improper payment for travel to both the recruit and family members. Both the football and mens basketball programs have self-imposed for violations on multiple levels one way or another. The football program early this year self-imposed a second consecutive bowl ban and the basketball program has suspended multiple players for various lengths.

The University has been under investigation in now what has become one of the longest NCAA investigations in NCAA history. Over 100 former and current players recruitment and playing careers have been investigated dating back over a decade. Most of these player investigations were brought on by former University booster and convicted felon Nevin Shapiro who revealed a laundry list of allegations in an exclusive interview with Yahoo! sports writer Charles Robinson released Aug. 15th 2011.

More information on the NOA and NCAA investigation will be released as we get it.

For discussion on the investigation or questions go here.

http://acc.xofan.com/Miami/miami-ncaa-notice-of-allegations-expected-within-72-hours/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I want The U to return to greatness
Jan 14th 2013
that was never going to happen anyway
Jan 14th 2013
prediction: it will not be as bad as we think
Jan 14th 2013
I have a feeling 2 more years of a bowl ban is imminent...
Jan 14th 2013
      nope, they been punishing each program less for worse than SC since SC's
Jan 14th 2013
      who cares about a bowl ban
Jan 14th 2013
           Miami fans care...I think Al Golden is a good no nonsense coach...
Jan 14th 2013
                well, yeah, a bowl ban CAN hurt
Jan 14th 2013
any chance it's just a 2 year bowl ban?
Jan 14th 2013
I dont think the NCAA cares about self imposed penalties tbh
Jan 14th 2013

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28833 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I want The U to return to greatness"
In response to Reply # 0

Notre Dame has stunk for a long time and thinks the back after ONE SEASON of good play. We need the antihero (The U) to restore balance back to the football universe. I want them to come back with that 80's swag.

These sanctions hurt all of that.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 12:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "that was never going to happen anyway"
In response to Reply # 1

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 12:30 PM

3. "prediction: it will not be as bad as we think"
In response to Reply # 0

after penn state, the ncaa will be scared of any pr that implies they think cheating at sports is in any way comparable to child molestation. i'm thinking 20 scholarship loss for football, 25 max.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

guru0509
Charter member
45302 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 01:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I have a feeling 2 more years of a bowl ban is imminent..."
In response to Reply # 3

It could play out the way you described but the ridiculous detail and accuracy of Charles Robinson's report is so damning. I have a feeling it's going to force the NCAA to drop the hammer. I expect USC type penalties.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 02:46 PM

5. "nope, they been punishing each program less for worse than SC since SC's"
In response to Reply # 4

timing is everything.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 03:31 PM

7. "who cares about a bowl ban"
In response to Reply # 4

it's not like Da U is going to be pushing for the BCS any time soon. trust me, i know: it's the scholarships that matter.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

guru0509
Charter member
45302 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 04:07 PM

9. "Miami fans care...I think Al Golden is a good no nonsense coach..."
In response to Reply # 7
Mon Jan-14-13 04:07 PM by guru0509

I'm honestly surprised he's still there

the schollies hurt too obviously, but a bowl ban definitely stings.

trust me i know (we would have SHAT on Notre Dame)

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 04:11 PM

10. "well, yeah, a bowl ban CAN hurt"
In response to Reply # 9

but it's not like miami is gonna rise up and win a bcs slot any time soon. i can't go to the music city bowl, OH NOEZ

----
bshelly

LBs Finest
Member since Sep 28th 2005
19846 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 03:28 PM

6. "any chance it's just a 2 year bowl ban?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-14-13 03:49 PM by LBs Finest

They'll be in the clear since they already banned themselves twice

guru0509
Charter member
45302 posts
Mon Jan-14-13 03:55 PM

8. "I dont think the NCAA cares about self imposed penalties tbh"
In response to Reply # 6

So far the NOA hasnt leaked, usually it does by now.

we'll know more tmw morning , and who is exactly in the NCAA scope

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2111406 Previous topic | Next topic