Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2505133

Subject: "Random sports news - New Oregon uniforms" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8763 posts
Sun Dec-27-15 12:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Random sports news - New Oregon uniforms"

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-vapor-untouchable-performance-system

For the unit-nerds on here, Nike developed a new type of uniform and apparently, UO will be the first to use this template.

The photo of th uniforms are about a third of the way down of the page.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i saw the cleats the other day, pretty cool
Dec 27th 2015
Apparently the fabric is lighter and possibly more breathable.
Dec 27th 2015
the motherfucking future yall.
Dec 27th 2015

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Dec-27-15 09:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i saw the cleats the other day, pretty cool"
In response to Reply # 0

seems like the next step with what they had been doing and what they could be doing with woven uppers, carbon fiber plate replacing the pebax one, etc. nike football to me is where they have generally stayed focused on performance instead of giving into the bell-and-whistle factor like they do with running and hoops.

the uniforms are another thing i suspect won't translate well to the consumer market. i like the ideal of fewer panels and seams, which i always thought were cumbersome, especially when you get a game worn jersey and see the way more guys alter them. what i worry about is that this is to football what nike's "swift" series has been to ice hockey, an ill-fitting, flimsy-feeling and hot-ass uniform. maybe not to the extent of the reebok edge 1.0s but the swifts are surprisingly warm for such a thin, dinky-feeling jersey. these football ones supposedly have added neck ventilation but what about the sides, shoulders, etc?

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8763 posts
Sun Dec-27-15 06:39 PM

2. "Apparently the fabric is lighter and possibly more breathable."
In response to Reply # 1

The press release tried to suggest most of the improvements, like the sleeker fit have to do with their competitive advantage - more difficult to hold by opponents, etc.

Based on some information I read on another forum, these templates will offer more aesthetic customizations which will improve their appearance and probably lead to more jersey sales as schools and teams change their designs.

My guess is the release of template and its innovations is motivated more by a need to get more revenue than meeting the voiced needs of its clients.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85135 posts
Sun Dec-27-15 06:51 PM

3. "the motherfucking future yall."
In response to Reply # 0

nike stay killing it. them jerseys look good af. i pray the Titans let them do a total brand overhaul cause our shit stale as fuck.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2505133 Previous topic | Next topic