Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2299321

Subject: "Let's revisit the Dwight Howard hate Laker fans were spewing" Search result list | First match | Last match
ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43361 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Let's revisit the Dwight Howard hate Laker fans were spewing"

Im the first to admit that physically he isnt where he was in Orlando and will probably never be. With that said, one of the biggest things you guys talked about was his poor leadership, complaining in the locker room/complaining about touches, not working hard. At the very least those things have all been debunked in Houston.

He's had an up and down season - slow start, got hot before New years, cooled off before New years, and now is red hot again.

He's had opportunities to complain about touches this season, but hasnt. Instead he's spoken up about it professionally and not just bitched and moaned about it.

Hell over his last 10-13 games he's shooting about 70% from the line too.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/after-midnight

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/perfect-fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Iw07qt6qM

and this
http://basketball.realgm.com/article...e-With-Rockets
Part of the Houston Rockets’ successful free agency pitch to Dwight Howard had been to orchestrate his own locker room again, revitalizing a personal pride in the process. No more tense future Hall of Famers uneasy about the incumbent star, no more day-to-day scrutiny over his smile and leadership, his free throws and hook shots.

Howard never wanted to step on the toes of Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol and Steve Nash and any Los Angeles Laker, but he’s never one to lead from the shadows, either. There, Howard was simply one of the guys. Yet beyond his individual greatness and double-doubles, everyone from Howard’s past understood he also brought jubilating jokes and his own concepts about controlling the environment and managing roles.

With the Lakers, Howard’s cries for increased touches and his ability to forge winning relationships always felt empty and strained, and Houston management knew it. The Rockets’ hierarchy understood opposing suitors had tried to tarnish elements of Daryl Morey’s roster, and countered with reason no one will match the closeness of this group, with vows a franchise star’s run of the organization starts with no insecurities or differences within his own locker room.

“I don’t have to say, ‘I need the ball,’” Howard told RealGM. “The guys here know what we have to do to be successful, to play inside out. We have young guys, and they want to accomplish some things in this league also. I understand that. I understand that we need everyone. If I can make sure that guys are happy, that they’re getting the ball and getting a rhythm, it makes it tough to beat us.

“My time, my shots will come. I want to make sure guys around me are elevated. Me being the oldest guy on the team as far as seasons, I have to understand that I have to show these guys the right way to go.”

Interacting with teammates isn’t a fabricated assignment anymore, and Howard jokes and praises, greets and acknowledges everyone from James Harden and Chandler Parsons to Robert Covington and Isaiah Canaan. Omri Casspi had been minding his own business leaving his locker after a recent road game, and Howard approached him from behind and applauded the minutes he’s provided. Then, as only he could, Howard smiled wide and added, “That’s a nice sweater, too.”

Early in the season, Howard demanded for the basketball sometimes, but he noticed repeated requests could create discouraging traits among younger players. He stayed away from the dispiriting rah-rah with the Orlando Magic, creating ball movement and energy and not stagnation, and he didn’t plan on paving a new trend now.

Across the first week of February, Howard’s back has strengthened, his game has sharpened to the tune of 30 points, 10 rebounds and over two blocks per game and his lines of communication are as alive as ever within the team. From defensive schemes to offensive sets, Howard talks to everyone, “All the time. Our dialogue doesn’t end.”

Howard scans the Western Conference standings, and he sees unsustainable starts from some teams. As teams such as the Portland Trail Blazers cement cushion in the playoff chase, a part of him is reminded of those old Cleveland Cavaliers’ 60-win seasons only derailed by dwindling staying power, hobbling to the finish line of a postseason.

“A lot of teams start out hot and cool off,” Howard told RealGM, “and I told our guys that we want to stay consistent all season and then make the big push right after All-Star break going into the playoffs. That’s when the opportunity comes.”

And this much is certain: These Rockets’ talent won’t will them into a championship, but it’s delivered through cohesive, collective efforts blended with the star powers of Howard and Harden. Everyone must believe in the purpose of his role. This late in a season, a player moping and pouting – as Omer Asik’s actions portray – must be addressed.

As his former Bulls coaches and teammates say, Asik was so hard working and selfless, his willingness to separate himself from Houston’s structure came as a surprise. They don’t envision a whiner in the Turkish seven-footer, someone who sacrificed minutes behind Joakim Noah for two No. 1 seeds with Chicago.

The Rockets have asked for significant assets in trade talks centered on him, but Howard knows Asik could viably back him up in case of injury or foul trouble, in a way Marcin Gortat had for three seasons. For now, Asik returned from a 31-game absence Saturday night, and Kevin McHale will increase his stamina and solidify his backup center capacity over the next month.

Howard believes in patience with emerging players like Terrence Jones and wants to be part of the process with them, and a leading stature within a team – within a locker room – feels so justifying to him. He’s far, far from the pressures of Los Angeles, the heavy eye of Kobe Bryant and the passionate directions gone unanswered. In this way, Houston didn’t promise Dwight Howard winning, as much as it promised the comfort and attainment of his own locker room to lead again.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Okay, but he did do a lot of this shit in LA though.
Feb 15th 2014
and I get that but
Feb 15th 2014
To be fair...
Feb 15th 2014
RE: Okay, but he did do a lot of this shit in LA though.
Feb 15th 2014
      And his bitchassedness in Orlando was due to...
Feb 15th 2014
           RE: And his bitchassedness in Orlando was due to...
Feb 16th 2014
                How on earth is it revisionist when people said it at the time?
Feb 16th 2014
                     RE: How on earth is it revisionist when people said it at the time?
Feb 16th 2014
                          lol... he's been there for four months.
Feb 16th 2014
                               RE: lol... he's been there for four months.
Feb 16th 2014
                                    You realize most people here were shitting on him prior to LA, right?
Feb 16th 2014
I Support This....
Feb 15th 2014
houston wont win a ring w/ him because he is a loser
Feb 15th 2014
RE: houston wont win a ring w/ him because he is a loser
Feb 15th 2014
      and it was also correct.
Apr 20th 2017
Is this a surprise? He's out of the spotlight in an easy locker room
Feb 15th 2014
yeah. he wasn't built for the spotlight that comes with being a Laker
Feb 15th 2014
Yeah, weird how HOU is almost a non-story now, in a 3-way tie
Feb 15th 2014
Nationally, no one gives a shit about basketball in texas
Feb 15th 2014
      or maybe he didn't want to be scapegoated for the LAL's seasons
Feb 15th 2014
      Smh. nm
Feb 15th 2014
      It's the truth. They don't get much national coverage for a reason
Feb 15th 2014
      ^^ LOUD but dont know wtf he talkin about guy^^ #STAYD12
Feb 15th 2014
      Say whatever you want, Texas bball teams don't get much attention
Feb 15th 2014
           ok leaving LA is leaving the spotlight kid...has nothing to do
Feb 15th 2014
                You realize this is all bullshit, right?
Feb 15th 2014
                     the front office strikes out more than adam dunn
Feb 15th 2014
                          Jerry Buss hasn't been dead but a year.
Feb 15th 2014
                          RE: Jerry Buss hasn't been dead but a year.
Feb 15th 2014
                          Brown and D'Antoni are well established as being Jim Buss choices.
Feb 16th 2014
                               nigga please. they ran all that shit by kobe first
Feb 16th 2014
                                    you forgot eddie jordans disastrous princeton offense
Feb 16th 2014
                                    You do realize they hired Jordan before Dwight and Nash were brought in
Feb 16th 2014
                                    You do realize they hired Jordan before Dwight and Nash were brought in
Feb 16th 2014
                                    Oh, you think they were his ideas, therefore they WERE his ideas.
Feb 16th 2014
                                    LOL. So basically, regardless of evidence, everything is Kobe's fault
Feb 16th 2014
      Agreed. Its a football state
Feb 16th 2014
           To anyone not emotionally invested, it's pretty simple and clear
Feb 16th 2014
We'll see what happens when they lose in the playoffs and the finger...
Feb 15th 2014
hammertime wednesday night
Feb 15th 2014
hard pressed to find a Laker fan who would say they wish he
Feb 15th 2014
#STAYD12
Feb 15th 2014
      that was some lame ass bullshit
Feb 18th 2014
So basically, he was an awful teammate in LA and couldn't take the press...
Feb 15th 2014
lol at dumb lakers/kobe fans doubling down.
Feb 15th 2014
Like you doubling down with the Spurs and OKC?
Feb 15th 2014
nope. you don't think that. also makes no sense as a response.
Feb 15th 2014
      Now you're pretending your Thunder fandom doesnt exist?
Feb 15th 2014
           yikes is right. we been over this. i'm a spurs fan.
Feb 15th 2014
                Right, we're all making that up. k.
Feb 15th 2014
                yes, and its a silly deflection
Feb 15th 2014
                Lmao. Keep lying
Feb 16th 2014
                     prove it. deep down yall know its just another delusion.
Feb 20th 2014
                          ^^ pelicans fan^^
Feb 20th 2014
                          Smh, you are a weird dude apparently lacking all shreds of honesty
Feb 20th 2014
Still mad about Game 6? I'd get over it.
Feb 15th 2014
      that doesn't make sense as a response
Feb 15th 2014
           Neither does your weird "doubling down" reply.
Feb 15th 2014
                oh, so your reading comprehension just sucks
Feb 15th 2014
                     rob broke that shit down like weight
Feb 15th 2014
                     Its not "doubling down".
Feb 15th 2014
                          now you're doubling down on your shitty reading
Feb 15th 2014
                               You are incredibly weird.
Feb 15th 2014
                                    its okay to say "yes, i misunderstood and am wrong."
Feb 20th 2014
It's amazing what happens outside the context of a power play
Feb 15th 2014
Laker fans should be THRILLED with how everything went down
Feb 16th 2014
Thrilled? We've had two seasons of hell with a new man in charge.
Feb 16th 2014
Lol at being mad for getting a lotto pick this year
Feb 16th 2014
      How do you get "mad" from "excited" and "hopefully optimistic"?
Feb 16th 2014
           Ok I guess I should have said pessimistic
Feb 16th 2014
                SMH. Context is key. You said we should be "thrilled", did you not?.
Feb 16th 2014
Agreed completely about Bynum
Feb 16th 2014
Mitch ain't dumb, Bynum was never getting that big deal
Feb 16th 2014
naw, fam, they were never going to sign and keep bynum
Feb 17th 2014
I've basically said the same thing all along.
Feb 17th 2014
they just paid kobe that money.
Feb 20th 2014
      lol and nash.
Feb 20th 2014
      Kobe was getting paid regardless
Feb 20th 2014
           Nah, that 2 year extension was like Flacco's contract...
Feb 20th 2014
thought a lot of that stuff was tied to the pressure of playing in LA
Feb 16th 2014
That "I'm not gonna let nobody steal my joy" line from the all-star game
Feb 18th 2014
HAMMERTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 19th 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 20th 2014
yeah, I'm starting to think people don't actually watch basketball
Feb 20th 2014
      dat EEEEETHUH.. dat shit that make ya soul burn slow
Feb 20th 2014
I'll gladly take my L if they make the finals
Feb 20th 2014
how is that the bar, tho?
Feb 20th 2014
      RE: how is that the bar, tho?
Feb 20th 2014
      LOL, how is that NOT the bar?
Feb 20th 2014
           pretty sure they got D12 & Harden to make the playoffs.
Feb 20th 2014
Dwight still can't handle Perk/JO
Feb 21st 2014
all that and they still owned the spurs
Feb 21st 2014
      Regular season fodder won't save you in a playoff series
Feb 21st 2014
           right. Youve said it yourself. You dont want us
Feb 21st 2014
                right? who gon stop "jimmy" Hoarden?
Feb 21st 2014
So how did that workout?
May 03rd 2014
RE: So how did that workout?
May 03rd 2014
      He’s got like five posts. How is that “too much”?
Mar 21st 2016
so did Shawn abandon his Rockets agendas when Lin left?
Mar 21st 2016
Let's
Apr 20th 2017
Have you apologized to Lebron James yet?
Apr 20th 2017
Boy did we miss out!
Apr 20th 2017
is he washed up or has he given up?
Apr 20th 2017
combination of both, after he had the back surgery in Orlando he was...
Apr 20th 2017

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Okay, but he did do a lot of this shit in LA though."
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be the first to say he wasn't healthy but he WAS doing a lot of dickish things...complaining, etc.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

ShawndmeSlanted
43361 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "and I get that but"
In response to Reply # 1

Yall acted like it was his personality. Like thats just who Dwight was at his core and shit and that this would definitely continue in Houston. To me it was situational --and no Im not putting it on Kobe. Just the situation he was in as a whole.

---

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 05:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "To be fair..."
In response to Reply # 3

This wasn't the first time. He bitched and moaned his way out of Orlando, too. Let's not act like he started doing some shit and we were all like WELL THATS WHO THE GUY IS OBVIOUSLY!!! - he had been doing that for years. Bad situations for him to be in, sure...but still, the evidence at that point was he was kind of a bitch.

17x NBA Champions

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: Okay, but he did do a lot of this shit in LA though."
In response to Reply # 1

>I'll be the first to say he wasn't healthy but he WAS doing a
>lot of dickish things...complaining, etc.

Hey...u would be complaining too if you had an aging psycho calling you out as if you were not playing to the best of your abilities with a serious back injury....

Howard is in no way an angel...He's a goofy Bamma ass dude that wants everyone to love him...

But that LA shit? Nah...That was just a bad situation for him...For obvious reasons....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 09:42 PM

39. "And his bitchassedness in Orlando was due to..."
In response to Reply # 4

I know Orlando was a bad situation too. But all the evidence was there that he WOULD complain and WOULD complain about touches, bitch out coaches/teammates, etc.

Houston was a much better situation for him, of course. I said that a long time ago. But Dwight had that reputation before coming to LA, and did nothing to disprove it when here.

17x NBA Champions

murph71
23113 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 12:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
44. "RE: And his bitchassedness in Orlando was due to..."
In response to Reply # 39

It's silly revisionism at this point though....

Magic got a coach fired...Jordon did as well...Players force trades ALL the time...That's the NBA homie...

But people mistook Howard wanting to get out of Orlando and looking like a clueless dickhead with being a cancer...

It's over the top bullshit...lol

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 02:06 AM

46. "How on earth is it revisionist when people said it at the time? "
In response to Reply # 44

The whole Orlando 1 year extension fiasco came when his wishy washy ways were already at fever pitch, and it snowballed from there. It became magnified when he came to LA because EVERYTHING here is under a more intense microscope than anywhere outside of NY.

What, exactly, is being revised?

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

murph71
23113 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 09:07 AM

52. "RE: How on earth is it revisionist when people said it at the time? "
In response to Reply # 46

>The whole Orlando 1 year extension fiasco came when his wishy
>washy ways were already at fever pitch, and it snowballed from
>there. It became magnified when he came to LA because
>EVERYTHING here is under a more intense microscope than
>anywhere outside of NY.
>
>What, exactly, is being revised?

Revisionist is the wrong word on my part....But the whole thing seemed over the top....

People mistook Prince's wishy washy, "I want everyone to love me" as being some type of cancer...

I think his success in Houston is putting a proper perspective on how silly the backlash against Howard was....

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:04 PM

58. "lol... he's been there for four months. "
In response to Reply # 52

Let's not get carried away. He's still in the honeymoon period. I'm not saying to look for a return to the same shit, but he's in a good situation where his personality traits work with his surroundings. That doesn't invalidate his past bullshit.

-Sig-

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

murph71
23113 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:47 PM

63. "RE: lol... he's been there for four months. "
In response to Reply # 58
Sun Feb-16-14 01:49 PM by murph71

>Let's not get carried away. He's still in the honeymoon
>period. I'm not saying to look for a return to the same shit,
>but he's in a good situation where his personality traits work
>with his surroundings. That doesn't invalidate his past
>bullshit.

The man has improved his free throw shooting (70 percent in the last 5 plus games or so)....Howard has raised his scoring and defense as well in the last 7 games...And he's already giving you a double double during a time when traditional big men are being phased out the game....

I get that Howard is not too easy to like given his cornball behavior...But people took it to ridiculous levels...

What did Howard really do in terms of "past bullshit" to deserve such dislike beyond Laker fans still fixated on him? He wanted out of Orlando after leading that team to the Finals and seeing that he could only go so far with that team of role players...He's not as skilled as Magic, MJ, and countless other players who have gotten their coaches fired...His biggest sin is wanting to go to another team that would better his chances at winning...

What a cancer!!..yuck yuck....

And his time with the Lakers? Just wasn't the right situation (the PG obsessed/3 point shot offensive guy that is coaching that team should have signaled this...)....Howard knew he had to get out of that place where the aging (and psycho) superstar was still being treated like the teamsavior...But to Howard's credit he played that season with a back injury that would have kept most centers out for a few months...He had to hear all the silly talk about how he was a bust, when dude had issues getting inside his car to drive....lol

Houston is just a better situation for him...Better than the Lakers situation...And like any player that's happy u get results...I keep reading a lot of folks in this thread talk about how Howard ran to Houston because it was less of a spotlight...

But that's being too simpleminded and agenda driven...

He left because Houston was the better team....

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 02:47 PM

66. "You realize most people here were shitting on him prior to LA, right?"
In response to Reply # 63

>The man has improved his free throw shooting (70 percent in
>the last 5 plus games or so)....Howard has raised his scoring
>and defense as well in the last 7 games...And he's already
>giving you a double double during a time when traditional big
>men are being phased out the game....

Uh.. he did that in Orlando. It's not like this is new. Tradtional big men have been on their way out since before Shaq retired. All of his "peers" during his peak were old as fuck. The "traditional big man" as a dominating force has been a rarity for some time now, and Let's not act like Dwight is on some new shit. He's healthy and basically doing what he did during his best years in Orlando.

>I get that Howard is not too easy to like given his cornball
>behavior...But people took it to ridiculous levels...

Really?

>What did Howard really do in terms of "past bullshit" to
>deserve such dislike beyond Laker fans still fixated on him?

You the shit he was shit on for while he was in Orlando by most people?

>He wanted out of Orlando after leading that team to the Finals
>and seeing that he could only go so far with that team of role
>players...He's not as skilled as Magic, MJ, and countless
>other players who have gotten their coaches fired...His
>biggest sin is wanting to go to another team that would better
>his chances at winning...
>
>What a cancer!!..yuck yuck....

Oh, so you're going to ignore his shuck and jive act, along with the wishy-washy ass contract extension for a place he supposedly wanted to leave in the worst way? Gotcha.

>And his time with the Lakers? Just wasn't the right situation
>(the PG obsessed/3 point shot offensive guy that is coaching
>that team should have signaled this...)....Howard knew he had
>to get out of that place where the aging (and psycho)
>superstar was still being treated like the teamsavior...

Who even argues this?

But to
>Howard's credit he played that season with a back injury that
>would have kept most centers out for a few months...He had to
>hear all the silly talk about how he was a bust, when dude had
>issues getting inside his car to drive....lol

He played with a back injury, which he used as his excuse for his mostly spotty performance while crying about not getting the ball. He tried to have his cake and eat it to, and he deserves criticism for that shit. If you're unhealthy and can't go 100%, then how the fuck can you sit there and bitch that they don't go to you like your 100% ? Come on. You know that's bullshit.

>Houston is just a better situation for him...Better than the
>Lakers situation...And like any player that's happy u get
>results...

Who argues this?

>I keep reading a lot of folks in this thread talk
>about how Howard ran to Houston because it was less of a
>spotlight...

False. Bentagain is on some conspiracy shit about how Houston is being ignored on the national stage. LA2Philly spoke about how Texas basketball isn't exactlty a media hotbed and never has been, as it's a fiercely football oriented state.

Pretty much everyone took that as LA2Philly trying to say Dwight was trying to escape the spotlight, but y'all are far too busy trying to turn everything into a Lakers Fan plea cop that you couldn't see what the hell he was saying.

>But that's being too simpleminded and agenda driven...

Sounds a lot like your current critiques man. You're ignoring a lot of shit in here and/or taking things way out of context.

>He left because Houston was the better team....

Yeah, we all said that shit AT THE TIME. It was a better situation. Actually, GS was the better situation, but y'all said we only said that because they had the potential to offer something in a S&T.

-Sig-

murph71
23113 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:22 PM

2. "I Support This...."
In response to Reply # 0

That's all...

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85146 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:28 PM

5. "houston wont win a ring w/ him because he is a loser"
In response to Reply # 0

and that's all that matters when you really get down to it.

enjoy the fuckery though.

<--- Big Baller World Order

murph71
23113 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:32 PM

7. "RE: houston wont win a ring w/ him because he is a loser"
In response to Reply # 5

Now this ^^^^ is some grade A, straight-no-chaser hate....lol

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85146 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 08:20 AM

100. "and it was also correct."
In response to Reply # 7

<--- Big Baller World Order

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:30 PM

6. "Is this a surprise? He's out of the spotlight in an easy locker room "
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Feb-15-14 03:34 PM by LA2Philly

That's what Houston sold him on and that's what he got. LA wasn't the right situation for him due to the pressure and other, more veteran/experienced voices. Some cats are built for those situations, some aren't.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

deezy
Member since Jul 22nd 2013
1029 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 04:08 PM

10. "yeah. he wasn't built for the spotlight that comes with being a Laker"
In response to Reply # 6

even without Kobe there, he would've folded at some point

in Houston, he's still playing far below his potential

he's NOT getting a lot of touches (12 a game), and despite all the rhetoric,
they don't play inside out

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/howardw01.html

if folks wanna blame Kobe for Dwight leaving, what does it say that Pau
can "put up with" Kobe but Dwight can't?

imo, I feel like the biggest reasons for Dwight leaving LA were Kobe's injury
and a chance to avoid the pressure of being a Laker.
I don't fault him for that, I fault LA for not doing their homework.
from now on, they should only sign stars who unquestionably *want* to be Lakers

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 03:50 PM

8. "Yeah, weird how HOU is almost a non-story now, in a 3-way tie"
In response to Reply # 0

for 3rd in the West

and the LAC and POR get alot more hype in the media

it's almost strange the stories we're not hearing this year

comparatively

but don't expect anybody on OkaySports to point the finger at Bean

he's above reproach in here

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 04:02 PM

9. "Nationally, no one gives a shit about basketball in texas"
In response to Reply # 8
Sat Feb-15-14 04:02 PM by LA2Philly

It's why you don't ever hear much about Houston, Dallas, and case in point, the Spurs. There's no microscope because no one cares and that kind of environment is suitable for certain cats.

<--The drought is over

L D E A

bentagain
16595 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 04:33 PM

11. "or maybe he didn't want to be scapegoated for the LAL's seasons"
In response to Reply # 9
Sat Feb-15-14 04:35 PM by bentagain

while management keeps putting their eggs in the Bean basket

and relegating a huge portion of their payroll to guys that aren't going to play

I mean, can you blame him?

imagine had he stayed this year

D12 and 6-7 healthy bodies

running 's system

and still having championship aspirations

why sign up for that?

going to a better situation = spotlight's too bright?

I think the point of the post is all of the criticism that he received in LA

somehow is no longer valid in HOU

I'll leave it to you to figure out what's different

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 05:29 PM

18. "Smh. nm "
In response to Reply # 9

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 06:04 PM

21. "It's the truth. They don't get much national coverage for a reason"
In response to Reply # 18

<--The drought is over

L D E A

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 06:03 PM

19. "^^ LOUD but dont know wtf he talkin about guy^^ #STAYD12"
In response to Reply # 9

dam the second best player in the league went to Texas.... so somebody cares

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 06:13 PM

22. "Say whatever you want, Texas bball teams don't get much attention "
In response to Reply # 19

The point you're trying to make actually makes mine genius. A major reason Dwight chose Houston is because it's out of the spotlight and there's far less pressure...why is that? Because there's not much national coverage..aka the majority of people don't care. It is what is.

<--The drought is over

L D E A

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 07:10 PM

24. "ok leaving LA is leaving the spotlight kid...has nothing to do "
In response to Reply # 22

with Texas..coulda been anywhere except NY or Miami...and maybe Chicago.....dont be mad that the Laker luck and mystique is dead and buried with Dr Buss and the Lakers are just another team in a big market vying for talent like everyone else...And furthermore crippled bcz the front office is dumb as fuck still catering to a player that only thinks about himself... the next time the lakers are relevant some player will be making headlines talkin bout "Bring the Lakers Back" or "Making the Lakers Relevant again"....whoever comes in is gonna have to be some sort of savior and its not on the horizon fella..enjoy mediocrity

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:34 PM

32. "You realize this is all bullshit, right?"
In response to Reply # 24

>with Texas..coulda been anywhere except NY or Miami...and
>maybe Chicago.....

Who were the teams who met with Dwight who even had a shot?

dont be mad that the Laker luck and mystique
>is dead and buried with Dr Buss and the Lakers are just
>another team in a big market vying for talent like everyone
>else...And furthermore crippled bcz the front office is dumb
>as fuck still catering to a player that only thinks about
>himself...

Kobe's contract aside, we've yet to see what the new front office does. Hiring D'Antoni was real dumb, but Jim Buss and Mitch traded for CP3 AND Dwight Howard. Those didn't work out, but he still pulled them off. I'll wait to see what happens before calling Buss a complete idiot.

the next time the lakers are relevant some player
>will be making headlines talkin bout "Bring the Lakers Back"
>or "Making the Lakers Relevant again"....whoever comes in is
>gonna have to be some sort of savior and its not on the
>horizon fella..enjoy mediocrity

Well if there's one thing a Houston fan knows, it's mediocrity. I'd rather be real bad than mediocre. A high pick and cap space is the key to rebuilding quickly soooo...

17x NBA Champions

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:50 PM

33. "the front office strikes out more than adam dunn"
In response to Reply # 32

da hell you mean weve yet to see what the front office does?

the front office

fired mike brown at kobes request - strike one

hired d'antoni at kobes request so he could roam freely with no structure - strike two

got dwight and couldnt keep him - strike three

last place

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 09:34 PM

36. "Jerry Buss hasn't been dead but a year."
In response to Reply # 33

So uh yeah, we need time.

Enjoy that 4 seed tho.

17x NBA Champions

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 10:45 PM

40. "RE: Jerry Buss hasn't been dead but a year."
In response to Reply # 36

>So uh yeah, we need time.
>
>Enjoy that 4 seed tho.

nah he been dead as far as the lakers much longer player..
the 4th seed is an improvement player..so i'm not mad...with a player the lakers let walk...sall gravy

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 02:16 AM

47. "Brown and D'Antoni are well established as being Jim Buss choices. "
In response to Reply # 33

Nice try blaming Kobe for that.

Further, everyone knew bringing in Nash and Dwight were a risk/reward proposition with a predefined window that ended with a ton of cap space either way. A calculated risk that swings for the fences in an effort to win now and misses isn't poor management. We had an opportunity to pull a one-and-done title and either resign Dwight or take the cap space when he walks.

Again, it was a calculated risk where pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. Shit happens. We'll see what happens between this offseason and the next, because we'll have some opportunities.

-Sig-

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 11:28 AM

53. "nigga please. they ran all that shit by kobe first"
In response to Reply # 47

and i wouldnt doubt if he ran all that shit by them first.

so yeah... kobe fault

fire mike brown - check
getting old ass nash - check
hiring d'antoni - check
fkng up dwight - check

all this shit is kobe stamped and approved

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 12:28 PM

57. "you forgot eddie jordans disastrous princeton offense"
In response to Reply # 53

that was ran by kobe and had his full support too

~~~~~~

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:14 PM

61. "You do realize they hired Jordan before Dwight and Nash were brought in"
In response to Reply # 57

Right?

Further, they were actually pretty efficient with it despite the losses. Nash getting injured was a major domino in that situation. They didn't add enough wrinkles to it with the new player additions, but let's stop playing the "it's all Kobe's fault" card. It just makes you look ridiculous.

-Sig-

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:14 PM

62. "You do realize they hired Jordan before Dwight and Nash were brought in"
In response to Reply # 57

Right?

Further, they were actually pretty efficient with it despite the losses. Nash getting injured was a major domino in that situation. They didn't add enough wrinkles to it with the new player additions, but let's stop playing the "it's all Kobe's fault" card. It just makes you look ridiculous.

-Sig-

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:08 PM

60. "Oh, you think they were his ideas, therefore they WERE his ideas. "

-Sig-

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 03:05 PM

67. "LOL. So basically, regardless of evidence, everything is Kobe's fault"

Lmao

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32120 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 12:23 PM

56. "Agreed. Its a football state"
In response to Reply # 9

Idk why ppl are getting emotional about this

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 03:10 PM

68. "To anyone not emotionally invested, it's pretty simple and clear"
In response to Reply # 56

<--The drought is over

L D E A

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 04:37 PM

12. "We'll see what happens when they lose in the playoffs and the finger..."
In response to Reply # 0

pointing starts, lol

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 04:40 PM

13. "hammertime wednesday night"
In response to Reply # 0

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 05:10 PM

14. "hard pressed to find a Laker fan who would say they wish he"
In response to Reply # 0

was on the Lakers..

no way...

when you have won as much as the Lakers have over the years.. your fanbase doesn't have to act desperate or bitter towards players like Dwight Howard..

Howard hasn't really done shit of note in the NBA...and doesn't have the type of attitude consistent with that which won all of those titles..

Fans of teams who don't win and haven't won shit act all butt hurt over cats like Howard..

we ain't got to do that...

we got real cap space coming for the first time in like 20 years....lol...give a fukk about a Dwight Howard..

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 06:04 PM

20. "#STAYD12"
In response to Reply # 14

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42818 posts
Tue Feb-18-14 09:13 AM

72. "that was some lame ass bullshit"
In response to Reply # 20

i don't know any laker fan that was on that

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28877 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 05:11 PM

15. "So basically, he was an awful teammate in LA and couldn't take the press..."
In response to Reply # 0

LOL at DHO "knowing what it takes to win". He hasn't won anything except an award for getting coaches fired. He couldn't handle LA or playing with GOAT. He refused to get into shape.

If Houston doesn't make the finals and win a chip then DHO's getting fried.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 05:27 PM

17. "lol at dumb lakers/kobe fans doubling down. "
In response to Reply # 0

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 06:14 PM

23. "Like you doubling down with the Spurs and OKC? "
In response to Reply # 17

Always fun to point at others though!

<--The drought is over

L D E A

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 07:44 PM

27. "nope. you don't think that. also makes no sense as a response. "
In response to Reply # 23

ain't no reason to make up shit. just acknowledge elements of the lakers fanbase is still delusional and mad and keep it moving.

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:15 PM

29. "Now you're pretending your Thunder fandom doesnt exist? "
In response to Reply # 27

Yikes.

17x NBA Champions

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:31 PM

30. "yikes is right. we been over this. i'm a spurs fan. "
In response to Reply # 29

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 09:40 PM

38. "Right, we're all making that up. k. "
In response to Reply # 30

17x NBA Champions

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 11:15 PM

41. "yes, and its a silly deflection"
In response to Reply # 38

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 03:01 AM

49. "Lmao. Keep lying"
In response to Reply # 30

<--The drought is over

L D E A

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 01:53 AM

75. "prove it. deep down yall know its just another delusion."
In response to Reply # 49

i guess i'm honored yall worry so much about which team that is much better than the lakers i'm rooting for.

but there are so many to pick from. hell i could root for 10-20 teams.

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 02:06 AM

79. "^^ pelicans fan^^"
In response to Reply # 75

>i guess i'm honored yall worry so much about which team that
>is much better than the lakers i'm rooting for.
>
>but there are so many to pick from. hell i could root for
>10-20 teams.

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 11:40 AM

86. "Smh, you are a weird dude apparently lacking all shreds of honesty "
In response to Reply # 75
Thu Feb-20-14 11:43 AM by LA2Philly

Trying to save face on a message board rather than just own up to it.

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 07:25 PM

25. "Still mad about Game 6? I'd get over it."
In response to Reply # 17

17x NBA Champions

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 07:41 PM

26. "that doesn't make sense as a response"
In response to Reply # 25

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:14 PM

28. "Neither does your weird "doubling down" reply. "
In response to Reply # 26

17x NBA Champions

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:33 PM

31. "oh, so your reading comprehension just sucks"
In response to Reply # 28

my "doubling down" reply isn't weird.

o.p. "let's revisit the hate towards Dwight"

kobestani replies "booooo dwight fuck that dude still and he won't ever be shit"

that is the definition of doubling down

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 08:52 PM

34. "rob broke that shit down like weight"
In response to Reply # 31

lmao

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 09:39 PM

37. "Its not "doubling down"."
In response to Reply # 31

Many said the same about Dwight while he was STILL here. Despite LABeat's continued "#StayD12" replies, many fans - OKPs included - did NOT want D12 to stay. To say he's a terrible player is one thing, but to say he's not built for the spotlight, not a leader, a sometimes cancerous presence, a complainer, etc. is another.

So it's not "doubling down". Yes, it was exciting when he came to LA, and it did suck to not get anything for him when he left. But I can't say I was too sad when he left, honestly. It takes something like that to happen for a rebuild and it was obvious he just wasn't meant to be here...for many reasons.

17x NBA Champions

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 11:15 PM

42. "now you're doubling down on your shitty reading "
In response to Reply # 37

Ryan M
43772 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 11:35 PM

43. "You are incredibly weird. "
In response to Reply # 42

17x NBA Champions

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 01:54 AM

76. "its okay to say "yes, i misunderstood and am wrong.""
In response to Reply # 43

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Feb-15-14 09:03 PM

35. "It's amazing what happens outside the context of a power play"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't just mean Kobe vs Howard (and Kobe vs the world) but also within the organization. I don't think you can begrudge anyone there, it just wasn't meant to work out

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:58 AM

45. "Laker fans should be THRILLED with how everything went down"
In response to Reply # 0

If Dwight never goes to LA the the Lakers give a huge deal to Bynum which surely would have been an absolute disaster.

Now they have cap space and a chance to rebuild.

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 02:26 AM

48. "Thrilled? We've had two seasons of hell with a new man in charge. "
In response to Reply # 45
Sun Feb-16-14 02:27 AM by Cold Truth

I can't speak for everyone else, but "thrilled" is hardly the word I'd choose to explain how I feel about our current situation.

-The draft is a crap shoot even in a class like this.

-There's a shit ton of bad teams competing for those top lottery slots.

-There are no free agents that we should throw any money at this off season after Brawn, and we all know the realistic probability of that happening.

-We re-signed Kobe to absurd money before he came back from his first injury, only to see him return painfully mortal and go down again after only six games.

-Next seasons free agents largely consist of RFA's and Kevin Love, who I'd be more than happy to sign, but there's a lot of variables in play here.

All in all I'm hopefully optimistic more than anything. There's an admitted excitement to the possibility of a high pick and bringing in a big name FA, but there are far too many lingering questions to be 'thrilled' about any of this.

***Edit***

You're right about Bynum though. I'm just relieved that he's out of our hair.

-Sig-

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 11:51 AM

54. "Lol at being mad for getting a lotto pick this year"
In response to Reply # 48

It was perfect timing. After yall got screwed in the cp3 deal this was the best possible outcome. It was never about this offseason, it will take 2 years of suck to get back on track but this was the perfect year to be sorry. If yall never traded for d12 you still would suck right now but likely be in worse predicament. The Lakers get a top pick in the best draft since 2003, clear all the cap space, and be primed to rebuild just as Kobe rides into the sunset. That is so much better than being ousted in the first round the next couple years with nothing to show for it.

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:07 PM

59. "How do you get "mad" from "excited" and "hopefully optimistic"?"
In response to Reply # 54

>It was perfect timing. After yall got screwed in the cp3 deal
>this was the best possible outcome. It was never about this
>offseason, it will take 2 years of suck to get back on track
>but this was the perfect year to be sorry. If yall never
>traded for d12 you still would suck right now but likely be in
>worse predicament. The Lakers get a top pick in the best draft
>since 2003, clear all the cap space, and be primed to rebuild
>just as Kobe rides into the sunset. That is so much better
>than being ousted in the first round the next couple years
>with nothing to show for it.

Everything in my post was about being uneasy with all the uncertainty, going on to state there's a certain amount of excitement in it all but that "thrilled" is hardly the right word to describe it, that "hopefully optimistic" is a more accurate descriptor.

I'm not sure if you're on some bait shit but that't a long, far cry from "mad".

-Sig-

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 01:54 PM

64. "Ok I guess I should have said pessimistic"
In response to Reply # 59

because the first 3/4 of your post exuded no positivity despite claiming to be positive about everything in the end.

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 02:33 PM

65. "SMH. Context is key. You said we should be "thrilled", did you not?. "
In response to Reply # 64

I laid out all the uncertainty we face to show how and why "thrilled" isn't a realistic response.

Then, after explaining all the reasons not to be THRILLED, I explained that *eye* was hopefully optimistic.

You took my reasoning for why I shouldn't be thrilled and ran to the extreme of "mad", then dialed it back to "pessimistic", all while completely ignoring the entire reason I broke down all the uncertainties to begin with.

-Sig-

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 03:03 AM

50. "Agreed completely about Bynum "

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 05:55 AM

51. "Mitch ain't dumb, Bynum was never getting that big deal"

I'm sure Jimbo would have pushed towards it but the bottom line is they were gonna have him play out the following season & Bynum woulda been hurt or fucked it up.

His 'career year' was the season before & only 60 games, while still doing similar versions of the shit he did to drive Brown nuts that he did to get thrown off Cleveland.

And he would not have been a D'Antoni fit for obvious reasons.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Feb-17-14 09:54 AM

69. "naw, fam, they were never going to sign and keep bynum"

if not philly, they would have found another sucker and if not then, then soon after.

the only other option would have been making the thing dwight's team. they would have had to commit to dumping kobe and retooling around dwight in this upcoming offseason basically. it's better than what they have now, but not ideal.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Feb-17-14 11:25 AM

70. "I've basically said the same thing all along."

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 01:55 AM

77. "they just paid kobe that money. "

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 01:55 AM

78. "lol and nash. "
In response to Reply # 77

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 11:18 AM

84. "Kobe was getting paid regardless"
In response to Reply # 77

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 11:27 AM

85. "Nah, that 2 year extension was like Flacco's contract..."
In response to Reply # 84

...who were they out-bidding?

realistically, was there any team in the NBA that was going to pay Kobe $24mil/yr

and before he ever even played a game after the achillies injury

let me help you out

NO!

his inability to let go, pass the torch, still being alpha, etc...

IMO, was a bigger part of the reason that D12 left than alot of LAL fans want to admit

of course, they aren't completely handcuffed by his contract

because they plan on completely clearing their roster

I just don't get why people don't understand that D12 didn't want to hang around for this BS!

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Sun Feb-16-14 12:17 PM

55. "thought a lot of that stuff was tied to the pressure of playing in LA"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Feb-16-14 12:19 PM by southphillyman

the lower expectations and lesser pressure of playing in houston was one of the main advantages ppl kept throwing out there
dwight would be able to be comfortable in an environment more suited for his personality
and the bitching/complaining stuff wasn't some narrative. there was video evidence from 2 separate locker rooms
either way it's probably too early to start celebrating
ppl have barely been talking about dwight or houston this year. basically a pressureless environment. the complete opposite of what he experienced in LA
we'll have to see how he reacts once the playoff expectations come rolling in or title expectations if it eventually gets there
even with this 7 game win streak no one is really talking about them as contending even for conf. finals. so let's see what's popping when ppl actually start taking them seriously and critiquing his bad game, missed FTs etc

~~~~~~

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42818 posts
Tue Feb-18-14 08:58 AM

71. "That "I'm not gonna let nobody steal my joy" line from the all-star game"
In response to Reply # 0

was a little bit hit dog but whatever

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Wed Feb-19-14 12:54 PM

73. "HAMMERTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-19-14 12:54 PM by LAbeathustla

who gon stop me?? Sac(ofshit)cre????

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 01:33 AM

74. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 73

#HAMMERTIME

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 10:50 AM

82. "yeah, I'm starting to think people don't actually watch basketball"
In response to Reply # 73
Thu Feb-20-14 10:55 AM by bentagain

D12 looked really close to 100% healthy

and you can tell when he's snatching shots out of the air on defense

'but, but, he doesn't have any offensive moves'

meanwhile he gets you 20PPG, while being amongst the league leaders in boards and blocks

perennial DPOY candidate

'but, but, the lights are too bright in LA'

meanwhile, HOU is actually the 4ht most populous city in the US

NY
LA
CHI...
...HOU

FOH

LAL fans are mad and they know it, clap your hands

'nobody leaves LA'

HAHA!

MFers still trying to convince themselves they're better off without him...

...meanwhile the 2 players that are under contract for the next 2 years are Kobe and Nash

which hasn't exactly worked out well for the last 2 seasons

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 11:53 AM

87. "dat EEEEETHUH.. dat shit that make ya soul burn slow"
In response to Reply # 82

>D12 looked really close to 100% healthy
>
>and you can tell when he's snatching shots out of the air on
>defense
>
>'but, but, he doesn't have any offensive moves'
>
>meanwhile he gets you 20PPG, while being amongst the league
>leaders in boards and blocks
>
>perennial DPOY candidate
>
>'but, but, the lights are too bright in LA'
>
>meanwhile, HOU is actually the 4ht most populous city in the
>US
>
>NY
>LA
>CHI...
>...HOU
>
>FOH
>
>LAL fans are mad and they know it, clap your hands
>
>'nobody leaves LA'
>
>HAHA!
>
>MFers still trying to convince themselves they're better off
>without him...
>
>...meanwhile the 2 players that are under contract for the
>next 2 years are Kobe and Nash
>
>which hasn't exactly worked out well for the last 2 seasons

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 09:53 AM

80. "I'll gladly take my L if they make the finals"
In response to Reply # 0

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 10:02 AM

81. "how is that the bar, tho?"
In response to Reply # 80

They're third in the west, which is hella respectable given that roster.

By all measure, Dwight in Hou has been pretty successful, especially since this is the first year.

Lakers ain't better without him

Soooooo

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 11:17 AM

83. "RE: how is that the bar, tho?"
In response to Reply # 81

I made a post saying that him and Harden wouldn't be able to lead the Rockets to the finals. I'm not a Laker fan though. Kobe is my favorite player. My team is the sorry ass Hawks *hangs head and leaves post*

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

D_Tox151
Member since May 23rd 2002
4893 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 08:03 PM

88. "LOL, how is that NOT the bar?"
In response to Reply # 81

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Thu Feb-20-14 08:05 PM

89. "pretty sure they got D12 & Harden to make the playoffs."
In response to Reply # 88
Thu Feb-20-14 08:05 PM by LegacyNS

Who cares about actually winning some shit... lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

Ditch the paper, save the trees, and go mobile! Text bizcard to 32462!

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Fri Feb-21-14 01:54 AM

90. "Dwight still can't handle Perk/JO "
In response to Reply # 0

Jeremy Lin is a mediocre/inconsistent guard, Pat-Bev is an offensive liability plus T-Jones is getting exposed now that there is a solid scouting report on him. Basically, Houston we have a problem come May/June.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Fri Feb-21-14 02:38 AM

91. "all that and they still owned the spurs"
In response to Reply # 90

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Fri Feb-21-14 05:37 AM

92. "Regular season fodder won't save you in a playoff series"
In response to Reply # 91

Holla at me when the Rockets win a playoff series for the first time since Hakeem left.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

ShawndmeSlanted
43361 posts
Fri Feb-21-14 09:23 AM

93. "right. Youve said it yourself. You dont want us"
In response to Reply # 92

We'll be perfectly happy with you guys staying in the 2 seed and we'll take the 3.

---

LAbeathustla
33864 posts
Fri Feb-21-14 10:21 AM

94. "right? who gon stop "jimmy" Hoarden? "
In response to Reply # 93

Bellineli??

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat May-03-14 09:41 AM

95. "So how did that workout?"
In response to Reply # 0

murph71
23113 posts
Sat May-03-14 10:16 AM

96. "RE: So how did that workout?"
In response to Reply # 95

U doing too much, homie...lol

Waaaay too much....

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 10:38 AM

98. "He’s got like five posts. How is that “too much”?"
In response to Reply # 96

I’ve found that “doing too much” is pretty much synonymous with “too on point” and is usually played when people don’t have much of a rebuttal and/or don’t want to continue the discussion but still want to get in a last word and save face.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 09:53 AM

97. "so did Shawn abandon his Rockets agendas when Lin left?"
In response to Reply # 0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 07:29 AM

99. "Let's "
In response to Reply # 0

Vex_id
Charter member
65621 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 08:39 AM

101. "Have you apologized to Lebron James yet?"
In response to Reply # 99

there's still time.

-->

Cold Truth
44996 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 09:52 AM

102. "Boy did we miss out! "
In response to Reply # 0

I’d totally trade flexibility and a fresh rebuild with young talent for a career malcontent on the downside of his career for max money.

After these two losses I’m so mad those Stay D12 signs didn’t work because that’s exactly what we need right today.

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4385 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 02:10 PM

103. "is he washed up or has he given up?"
In response to Reply # 0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 03:40 PM

104. "combination of both, after he had the back surgery in Orlando he was..."
In response to Reply # 103

never quite the same but he was still pretty good, now at this point in his career I think he's just collecting checks to pay child support.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2299321Search result list | First match | Last match