Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #748612

Subject: "Cinnamon (TUBI? YES TUBI, Damon Wayans, Pam Grier, 2023)" Previous topic | Next topic
Castro
Charter member
50751 posts
Fri Jul-14-23 01:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Cinnamon (TUBI? YES TUBI, Damon Wayans, Pam Grier, 2023)"
Fri Jul-14-23 01:19 AM by Castro

Remember when we were all hyped for Queen and Slim???? Let me tell you Spidey fans, this MICKEY-FICKEY RIGHT CHURR is the what we expected and its produced by none other than one of OKSports favorite shit talkers, former NBA Star Kevin Garnett.

What I recommend is you go to Tubi and watch this joint like i just did. But if you prefer to be huff about it, you can bother watching the trailer first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZURYBlvdFc

Written and directed by Bryian Keith Montgomery Jr.

80% on Rotten Tomatoes. Because its that good. A Tubi exclusive trending at 80% on Rotten Tomatoes?!?! Yes.

Village Roadshow is the formative hand behind this, but the writer director Bryian Montgomery deserves his flowers...this is an extremely well shot film with a coherent "What could possibly go wrong?" type story. Think Guy Ritchie, Tarantino meets....Tubi. All the Tubi neo-Blaxploitation joints folks giggle about can be put to bed, because Kevin Garnett's production company wants us to watch Black Noir films, and they did a damn good job first go round. Damon Wayans is in all his glory here, rechanneling his classic Rev Ed Cash character from Living Color as Wally, a small time businessman trying to break big into used car sales. Pam Grier gives us a rousing Bad Mama character and the leads, Hailey Kilgore and David Iacono show great chemistry as a pair of star crossed lovers who are trying their damnedest to get out of town.

It works. It kept me glued to the couch at a time when I am usually all in on channel surfing. If Tubi can put out 3-4 flix of this quality yearly, that purchase of BET by Tyler Perry may be moot, as Tubi will establish itself as the landing spot for young Black filmmaking talent.

8/10....will watch again for Wally.

------------------
One Hundred.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
lol is that Damon with a conk? Yep I’m in
Jul 20th 2023

grey
Member since Apr 04th 2003
2231 posts
Thu Jul-20-23 02:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "lol is that Damon with a conk? Yep I’m in"
In response to Reply # 0

Hadnt heard anything about it

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #748612 Previous topic | Next topic