Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #746279

Subject: "Cyberpunk: Edgerunngers (Netflix Anime)" Previous topic | Next topic
Steve O Tron v2
Member since Sep 13th 2002
12906 posts
Thu Oct-06-22 12:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Cyberpunk: Edgerunngers (Netflix Anime)"

Never played the game and had reservations about watching the show due to the game's (early) infamy and because this was on Netflix. However, surprisingly ended up being quite amazing.

It definitely felt like a Trigger anime (animation and some of the outrageousness), and the style of action and violence/gore is reminiscent of some of the brutal stuff from the OVAs of the 80s and 90s that you don't see anymore.

I'm usually a sub snob, but Netflix was pretty lazy and just used the English subtitles even with the Japanese audio, and it's kind of jarring if you understand Japanese, so I actually think the dub is the correct way to go.

I've heard the game has been fixed/patched and is actually a good experience now, and I'll likely pick it up because of the show, which is probably one of outcomes the involved studios wanted with the anime. Lastly, Rebecca is a real one.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dub is definitely the way to go. almost required if you played the game
Oct 06th 2022
I'll definitely rewatch after playing the game
Oct 06th 2022
This joint is fiyah
Jun 20th 2023
yeah 10/10 show. up there w/ Arcane and Invincible
Jun 20th 2023

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Thu Oct-06-22 01:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Dub is definitely the way to go. almost required if you played the game"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Oct-06-22 01:32 PM by Mafamaticks

I played patch 1.5 on PS5 before the anime came out. There were still some bugs here and there, but nothing as wild as launch. Nothing game breaking anymore. I liked it enough to make 2 different builds.

The fact that you liked the anime before playing the game solidifies it. The anime is that much better after you played the game with the amount of things it references from the game. It's basically DLC. There are people who've found Rebecca's apartment in game and looks exactly how it should look.

Steve O Tron v2
Member since Sep 13th 2002
12906 posts
Thu Oct-06-22 01:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'll definitely rewatch after playing the game"
In response to Reply # 1

I've seen the game on sale for as low as $5 on PS5, although I kind of want it on PC for mods and to take advantage of my GPU. I need to do a little more research on if the haptic feedback fully works with the controller on PC.

I've already heard about some of the in-jokes and references like how the cops appear to spawn out of nowhere against the crew.

Castro
Charter member
50752 posts
Tue Jun-20-23 08:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "This joint is fiyah"
In response to Reply # 0

Crazy visuals.....Makes more even more excited to see how Pluto looks this fall.

------------------
One Hundred.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Tue Jun-20-23 09:41 PM

4. "yeah 10/10 show. up there w/ Arcane and Invincible"
In response to Reply # 3

as far as this streaming era of animation goes

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #746279 Previous topic | Next topic