Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732878

Subject: "The Punisher Season 2" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8597 posts
Wed Dec-12-18 08:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Punisher Season 2"

January according to this video: https://youtu.be/Pks_6st8bg8

I'm fucking pumped!!! So sad this is more than likely gonna be it.

Between this and Hannibal, I feel very bad for Steve Lightfoot. Dude's an excellent writter and showrunner.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
According to Marvel's press release, it's gonna be 13 episodes
Dec 13th 2018
im kind of put off due to the cancellations
Dec 14th 2018
January 18th!
Jan 03rd 2019
MAIN MAN FRANK!
Jan 04th 2019
Marvel’s The Punisher: Season 2 | Official Trailer
Jan 10th 2019
Looks like they're going out with a Bang
Jan 10th 2019
      Fine by me. Give him Hugh's spot for Wolverine
Jan 10th 2019
           RE: Fine by me. Give him Hugh's spot for Wolverine
Jan 25th 2019
excited
Jan 11th 2019
Ep. 1
Jan 18th 2019
RE: Ep. 1
Jan 18th 2019
      it was pretty cool
Jan 21st 2019
Very good. Not as good as Season 1.
Jan 18th 2019
I'm sure that this is it
Jan 23rd 2019
I was hoping to see that throughout this whole season, though.
Jan 24th 2019
Strong season
Jan 31st 2019
See, I thought the Frank/Billy resolution was perfect
Feb 01st 2019
      RE: See, I thought the Frank/Billy resolution was perfect
Feb 01st 2019
More thoughts
Jan 31st 2019
would have like to have seen more Pilgrim and less Billy
Feb 01st 2019
pretty much
Feb 05th 2019

bwood
8597 posts
Thu Dec-13-18 09:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "According to Marvel's press release, it's gonna be 13 episodes"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/marvel-the-punisher-season-2-premieres-january-netflix?linkId=61022427

The first season could've done ten or twelve episodes as it was definitely an episode too long.

With that said, I hope they manage to use the 13 properly.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16402 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 11:42 AM

2. "im kind of put off due to the cancellations "
In response to Reply # 0

i saw in the other post that supposedly punisher isnt part of the original netflix/marvel deal so its fate is undecided. i doubt they keep it going.

i will watch it but im not really excited anymore.

bwood
8597 posts
Thu Jan-03-19 10:24 AM

3. "January 18th!"
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/j9nca9cktCI

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21495 posts
Fri Jan-04-19 01:22 PM

4. "MAIN MAN FRANK!"
In response to Reply # 3

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 11:04 AM

5. "Marvel’s The Punisher: Season 2 | Official Trailer"
In response to Reply # 0

Marvel’s The Punisher: Season 2 | Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLhP5sK2wI

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 12:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Looks like they're going out with a Bang"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm all in for it. Damn shame though, cause he's a great Punisher.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44805 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 01:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Fine by me. Give him Hugh's spot for Wolverine"
In response to Reply # 6

He's as good at being the Punisher as anyone else who owns such a role, but hey... Looks like we're headed toward Multiverse territory now. Sign him up for Logan.

Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Fri Jan-25-19 04:56 PM

15. "RE: Fine by me. Give him Hugh's spot for Wolverine"
In response to Reply # 7

>He's as good at being the Punisher as anyone else who owns
>such a role, but hey... Looks like we're headed toward
>Multiverse territory now. Sign him up for Logan.

co-sign

I was thinking about who would make a good Wolverine, and I was stumped. Bernthal would be perfect.

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10114 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 01:02 PM

8. "excited"
In response to Reply # 0

>

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Fri Jan-18-19 06:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Ep. 1"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-18-19 06:26 PM by JiggysMyDayJob

Man that was one hell of an open to the season. The stuff between Frank/Pete and the Barbara/Bartender and her kid. It had so much emotion. But when it came crashing down to hell, they let Bernthal do his thing!

Great start to what will be the last season of the best of the Netflix/Marvel series.

Also was the bounce supposed to be Barracuda? Cause he went hard.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21495 posts
Fri Jan-18-19 08:57 PM

10. "RE: Ep. 1"
In response to Reply # 9

>Man that was one hell of an open to the season. The stuff
>between Frank/Pete and the Barbara/Bartender and her kid. It
>had so much emotion. But when it came crashing down to hell,
>they let Bernthal do his thing!
>

The gradual buildup of violence in that last bar scene is not something you see often. It had a crescendo (guns) and everything

>Great start to what will be the last season of the best of the
>Netflix/Marvel series.
>
>Also was the bounce supposed to be Barracuda? Cause he went
>hard.

Hell no.

mista k5
16402 posts
Mon Jan-21-19 11:50 AM

12. "it was pretty cool"
In response to Reply # 10

it kind of bothers me how many coincidences had to happen in order for him to be there to protect the blond girl but i guess you cant get to picky with super hero shows.

good episode, if it wasnt for NFL and the switch i would had binged a few more episodes yesterday.

bwood
8597 posts
Fri Jan-18-19 10:18 PM

11. "Very good. Not as good as Season 1."
In response to Reply # 0

If this had been 8 episodes this would've easily been better than Season 1.

The John Pilgrim stuff could've been handled by episode 5 or 6.

The girl was annoying as fuck but grew into a great character by episode 6. Brett Mahoney who I love on Daredevil was a fucking idiot. I get it dude's a boy scout, but Jesus.

Last episode is satisfying as fuck. Especially that last scene and last shot.

If this is it, I'm fine with that. Like the first season it ends with some major resolution.

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Wed Jan-23-19 11:54 AM

13. "I'm sure that this is it"
In response to Reply # 11

I can't see Netflix axing all those other shows, but keeping this and Jessica Jones.

But yeah, I liked this season a whole lot. I also think season 1 was better, as that was all about a broken man with PTSD going on a rampage and then realizing he had a problem.

Season 2 basically undoes the ending of season one (dude going to a group to work out his issues), and basically just says Frank is a killing machine end of story.

Still great though, and a satisfying swan song. I even liked the story arc with Pilgrim, although it reminded me somewhat of Bushmaster.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23860 posts
Thu Jan-24-19 08:42 AM

14. "I was hoping to see that throughout this whole season, though."
In response to Reply # 11

>Last episode is satisfying as fuck. Especially that last scene
>and last shot.

Without the costume, and with minimal attachment to the other characters and events of the universe, he just felt like a dude named Frank killing people. *I know* that he isn't, but someone coming into this with no MCU interest or comic book reference points might not.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6375 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 10:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "Strong season"
In response to Reply # 0

>January according to this video:
>https://youtu.be/Pks_6st8bg8
>
>I'm fucking pumped!!! So sad this is more than likely gonna be
>it.
>
>Between this and Hannibal, I feel very bad for Steve
>Lightfoot. Dude's an excellent writter and showrunner.

I'd have preferred that he spoke to Billy and let him bleed out, rather than kill him. Madani killing him AND Pilgrim living would have been a more satisfying ending. The fact that Billy still couldn't FEEL why Frank did what he did was a let down.

Also needed someone to mention to Mahoney that his relationship with the Devil makes his straight laced stance look like straight bullshit.

It was amazing to see how many different directors the show had, yet it was still quite cohesive. It's always done a great job of making you care about its characters and blurring the line between "good" and "bad"

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Fri Feb-01-19 11:25 AM

18. "See, I thought the Frank/Billy resolution was perfect"
In response to Reply # 16

Whereas in season 1 Frank was tormented by the fact that his best friend betrayed him, in season 2 he was over it--whereas now Billy was disoriented as to why his best friend was out to kill him.

You think there's going to be a heartfelt talk between the two during Billy's last few moments, then--BLAM. Frank has no more remorse, no nostalgia, and no feeling left for Billy except hatred.

It was a very "Han shoots first" moment, that really reversed roles, with Billy becoming the tragic hero over Frank. I dug that.

Beamer6178
6375 posts
Fri Feb-01-19 11:57 PM

20. "RE: See, I thought the Frank/Billy resolution was perfect"
In response to Reply # 18

>Whereas in season 1 Frank was tormented by the fact that his
>best friend betrayed him, in season 2 he was over it--whereas
>now Billy was disoriented as to why his best friend was out to
>kill him.
>
>You think there's going to be a heartfelt talk between the two
>during Billy's last few moments, then--BLAM. Frank has no more
>remorse, no nostalgia, and no feeling left for Billy except
>hatred.
>
>It was a very "Han shoots first" moment, that really reversed
>roles, with Billy becoming the tragic hero over Frank. I dug
>that.

not heartfelt at all, but just an honest convo. especially since it spent some time flashing back their relationship. he and curtis spent time reminiscing on their time in the field with billy so it's not as if he had no good memories of him to speak of. he also spent a great chunk of time trying to distinguish himself from billy, since they were both so similar.

it also felt strange that frank didn't really kill him, he just put him out of his misery. madani is the one that mortally wounded him.

it was going to take a lot to top how he did him at the end of season 1. this didn't surpass it for me.

Beamer6178
6375 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 12:29 PM

17. "More thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

This article hits on similar issues I had:

https://tv.avclub.com/a-frustrating-punisher-indicates-this-season-might-ve-p-1831884648

Dumont started off as someone potentially layered then became a one note character. Her sympathizing with Billy while knowing what he did to Castle's family doesn't comport with her devotion to "broken birds." Frank's as broken as they get. It hardly dug into her motivations enough. Everyone knew from the first scene with her and Billy in the hospital that they'd be fucking before it was over. That in itself was not the problem; it was the journey to that point that failed to deliver.

What makes Billy's end worse is that he no longer even possessed the motivation to fight. He didn't truly remember why he and Frank were at odds and no longer cared. Would have been better for them to get away then him over time start to piece together more and more, eventually heading back to settle the score.

Amy became a good character but we knew less about her background than any other major character. For all her talking to Frank about his family, especially his daughter, he asked her no motherfucking questions about her parents. That was a glaring hole. And leaving Curtis to explain for his actions was cheap.

Pilgrim in front with Billy in the background figuring shit out would have been a tighter plotline altogether. Can't help but think that some of the nice bow tied around some of these arcs were a result of pending cancellation.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Fri Feb-01-19 02:29 PM

19. "would have like to have seen more Pilgrim and less Billy"
In response to Reply # 0

or at very least a more cohesive story about what was going on with Pilgrim and the girl in the first half of the season and then deal with Billy at the back half of the season. they floated back and forth between stories a little too much and got a little lost sometimes. all in all, I thought it was a good season.

mista k5
16402 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 10:38 AM

21. "pretty much"
In response to Reply # 19

i loved the first 3 episodes. the rest was okay. some stronger episodes towards the end.

the billy storyline was not great. his face did not look as bad as they try to make it seem. i couldnt help but see krista as super girl's sister's girlfriend. how was she able to put up such a good fight vs a homeland agent?

even the pilgrim story fizzled out.

over all it was good but definitely could have been shorter.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732878 Previous topic | Next topic