Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732372

Subject: "Bodyguard (BBC/Netflix, 2018)" Previous topic | Next topic
benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8435 posts
Fri Oct-26-18 01:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Bodyguard (BBC/Netflix, 2018)"

decent thriller with a pretty crisp plot that went a little further than I expected from the first episode (which looked like another terrorism retread, like that awful Jack Ryan reboot). Part of the appeal of the show is how unclear characters' full involvements are, and they do a great job right until the end, while staying just on the right side of realistic. Richard Madden did well, I didn't even realize that was Robb Stark until halfway through the first ep lol.

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
^^^^for this amazing shit^^^^^
Jan 25th 2019
So it grts better?
Jan 25th 2019
not really, I must've been drunk when I posted lol
Jan 25th 2019
RE: So it grts better?
Jan 25th 2019
Started strong
Jan 25th 2019
RE: Bodyguard (BBC/Netflix, 2018)
Jan 26th 2019

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Fri Jan-25-19 10:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "^^^^for this amazing shit^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 0

I finally watched this a week or so ago, and man I'm wondering why there isn't more hype for it on PTP.

I didn't even realize main dude was Rob Starks until I was talking about the show with a coworker the other day.

This show is captivating and intense from the first five minutes of Episode 1, and it NEVER lets up. Rob Starks KILLED IT and more than deserved the Golden Globe. And with BBC's usual short seasons, there was absolutely NO filler, NO fat to trim from the story.

One of the best shows I've seen in a while.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Jan-25-19 12:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "So it grts better?"
In response to Reply # 0

>decent thriller with a pretty crisp plot that went a little
>further than I expected from the first episode (which looked
>like another terrorism retread, like that awful Jack Ryan
>reboot).
Cause i couldnt get past the halfway point becauss it felt so generic and almost offensi e

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8435 posts
Fri Jan-25-19 12:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "not really, I must've been drunk when I posted lol"
In response to Reply # 2

I think I just caught it right after the trash Jack Ryan reboot so it seemed decent

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Fri Jan-25-19 12:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: So it grts better?"
In response to Reply # 2

I liked all of it, but yeah it gets better.

I thought the first fifteen minutes of the first ep was really intense. And they bring back that intensity in a big way in the last two eps.

The twist surprised me and up until the end, I really didn't know which of the main characters were going to live or die. And Rob Starks performance was top notch.

Having said that, yeah, I can see some people taking issue with the Muslim terrorists trope.

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6573 posts
Fri Jan-25-19 04:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Started strong "
In response to Reply # 0

lost me toward the end. Especially the climactic episode which seemed to go on FOREVER. Madden did great work, not mad I watched it but nothing I'm eager to revisit

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

funklectic
Member since May 04th 2005
471 posts
Sat Jan-26-19 06:22 PM

6. "RE: Bodyguard (BBC/Netflix, 2018)"
In response to Reply # 0

tapped out after Ep4. I couldn't take how ridiculous it all was and found it hard to suspend my disbelief.

also, muslims as bad guys is grating.

in terms of BBC drama's, I found The Informer far more engaging and the performances a helluva lot less cheesy in its context.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732372 Previous topic | Next topic