Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #731787

Subject: "Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime" Previous topic | Next topic
calminvasion
Charter member
12573 posts
Sat Sep-22-18 09:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime"

So, on the surface I was a bit sceptical, but once I started I binged thru it pretty quickly.

Bottom line- it's damn good. There are some Jack Bower overtones, a lil Homeland too. But it's really its own thing. The wire's Bunk is a significant character and he really does his thing. "Jim" is surprisingly good as the lead. I think what I liked most about it is the depth and development they give to the "bad guy". He was downright likable in many ways.

With so much good tv I can see this one getting lost in shuffle, and from appearances it can easily be mistaken for a lame network drama, but it's quality and fairly short too

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
A CBS show w/ a prestige budget
Sep 22nd 2018
Lol, agree with all of that. Still like it a lot
Sep 22nd 2018
i feel you. all the above being said
Sep 22nd 2018
RE: A CBS show w/ a prestige budget
Sep 24th 2018
agreed on all counts, and I still had a blast watching it
Oct 15th 2018

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6569 posts
Sat Sep-22-18 10:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "A CBS show w/ a prestige budget "
In response to Reply # 0

The writing ranged from adequate to 'wait, WHAT?!' (see: The drone pilot's subplot which moved from baffling to downright offensive)

Krasinski is fine. Wendell Pierce is underserved and still over delivers. Abbie Cornish is charisma void and the two of them have zero chemistry. Ali Suliman's performance and storyline were the most interesting elements to me.

The set pieces were.....there.

It's not terrible it's just middling, DadTV.

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

calminvasion
Charter member
12573 posts
Sat Sep-22-18 11:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Lol, agree with all of that. Still like it a lot"
In response to Reply # 1

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6569 posts
Sat Sep-22-18 12:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "i feel you. all the above being said"
In response to Reply # 2

i still watched it in a weekend lol

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Mon Sep-24-18 05:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: A CBS show w/ a prestige budget "
In response to Reply # 1

This is a perfect description of it...it does build well and was enjoyable but year...it's def CSI terrorism lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Mon Oct-15-18 12:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "agreed on all counts, and I still had a blast watching it"
In response to Reply # 1

The drone pilot story was the only thing I found distractingly awful. It started off where you're thinking this could be interesting, but got consistently worse with each scene. The last one just being straight up laughable, but it was a pretty small piece.

Still gave me that feeling I got when I first binged homeland season 1 where I was fiending for the next ep

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #731787 Previous topic | Next topic