Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #731424

Subject: "Lodge 49 (AMC)" Previous topic | Next topic
dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Fri Aug-24-18 10:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Lodge 49 (AMC)"

Just watched the first episode based on seeing people I respect talking about it. Knew nothing about it except for it that it stared the guy from that Real Life Video Game episode of Black Mirror...who is apparently the son of Kurt Russell and Goldie?...anyway...

Whoa. I don't think I've ever seen 47 minutes of tv quite like that...
I might actually need to re-watch the first episode, but i probably won't cause i just want to watch the 2nd episode.

Without saying anything, i got vides of Too Many Cooks meets a Beck Bennett SNL sketch meets Mike Judge meets Mike White (enlightened) meets David Milch meets that Skittles commercial where the older dude bangs his hands on his desk and the desk turns to skittles...I don't even know. It's so bizarre and out there, but by the last 20 minutes I was so invested.

Who else has caught the first ep or first few eps?

I absolutely cannot believe that this is on any actual television channel right now, let alone AMC

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's not *that* weird, but I like it (2 eps in)
Aug 28th 2018
If Preacher is on AMC I can't be shocked by anything being on AMC
Sep 21st 2018

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8427 posts
Tue Aug-28-18 04:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "it's not *that* weird, but I like it (2 eps in)"
In response to Reply # 0

good range of characters who have some quirks but are still somewhat grounded. Checked it out after seeing your post, so thanks!

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Fri Sep-21-18 02:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "If Preacher is on AMC I can't be shocked by anything being on AMC"
In response to Reply # 0

I wanna check this out though, your post sold me

Bandcamp/IG/FB/Twitter: @hecticzeniths

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #731424 Previous topic | Next topic