Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #729369

Subject: "Arrested Development Season 5" Previous topic | Next topic
Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Mon May-07-18 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Arrested Development Season 5"
Mon May-07-18 03:24 PM by Mageddon

https://youtu.be/gXg2_yExgVY

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Looks like they are trying to redeem themselves with this one
May 10th 2018
Did anyone ever watch this?
Jul 19th 2018
Didnt they remix season 4
Jul 19th 2018
Didnt they remix season 4
Jul 19th 2018
I have heard nothing
Jul 19th 2018
i watched the last two seasons (or season and a half) and stopped caring
Jul 19th 2018
They did remix 4, and I'm half through 5
Jul 19th 2018
Still haven't watched it
Jul 19th 2018

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Thu May-10-18 12:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Looks like they are trying to redeem themselves with this one"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-10-18 12:24 PM by Heinz

Looks like they filmed it all together this time no? Can't wait im actually more excited for this than the long absence between the last 2 seasons.

----------

IG @h_n_z

seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6529 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 10:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Did anyone ever watch this? "
In response to Reply # 0

Was it any good? Did the whole season get swept under the rug of the scandal during the press run, or was it just forgettable to begin with?

There were few things that I loved more than the first three seasons, but I’m not certain I even made it through the fourth. And just the idea that I might have to revisit that season to be caught up for the new one has made me wary of diving in.

www.twitter.com/seandammit

Heinz
20759 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 11:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Didnt they remix season 4 "

----------

IG @h_n_z

Heinz
20759 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 11:14 AM

3. "Didnt they remix season 4 "
In response to Reply # 2

----------

IG @h_n_z

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I have heard nothing"
In response to Reply # 2

It's still on my watch list, but yeah, I feel like it has fallen off of everyone else's list.

For a show that I definitely considered the funniest show on television, I'm seeing tumble weeds now.

I don't even think it was that bad press run that did it. I just think the lackluster 4th season (which really wasn't that bad) made most people stop caring about the show.

mind_grapes
Member since Nov 13th 2007
957 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 12:39 PM

5. "i watched the last two seasons (or season and a half) and stopped caring"
In response to Reply # 0

i was surprised how great alia shawkat was though. but if you can't have all of your actors together for a lot of scenes, then honestly just stop

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 02:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "They did remix 4, and I'm half through 5"
In response to Reply # 0

If you're an AD fan, it's still quite funny and well written. As funny as S1 or S2? Not quite, but S3 or better. Didn't care for Tambor or Arnett's character arc, but to each his own. The Howard family had fun though...

The remix is...weird. A lot of cuts, split screens to tie scenes together but it works. Kind of. It's closer to a linear episode, but I'm not exactly sure it makes it better than the single character based episodes the way it was originally shot and shown. Makes some of the running gags and story beats tie together a little easier, but not necessarily better

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

topaz
Member since Nov 28th 2002
6236 posts
Thu Jul-19-18 06:43 PM

7. "Still haven't watched it"
In response to Reply # 0

After watching S4 I'm afraid to watch it. S1 & 2 is GOAT tier comedy, and S3 was great for the most part, I just want to leave it at that.

-
Gang Starr / Nujabes blend - https://youtu.be/lsci1vu6ick
DOOM Tribute - https://youtu.be/qmBQ2BDefKM
Donut of the Heart cover in Javascript - https://youtu.be/afLc2CkC8lk

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #729369 Previous topic | Next topic