Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #727856

Subject: "Anyone watching Counterpart (Starz)?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49411 posts
Mon Feb-12-18 04:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone watching Counterpart (Starz)?"

Interesting premise and I enjoyed the first couple of episodes but it is just kind of spinning wheels and frankly the idea of following two worlds with identical but different characters is confusing.

I also want to know more about the differences of the two worlds at this point.

And let's be honest, there is a reason JK Simmons has been a supporting actor and not a leading man (not only has he gone to a lead role, he has TWO leading roles).

See this is why I like to wait until a season of a new show is over and the reviews are in before I get into a new show. Otherwise, I can devote hours to a series that fails to deliver by the end of the season.

4 Episodes in. Not throwing up my hands yet but I need something big to happen in the next couple of episodes.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I dig it. It's sci-fi with some political conspiracy tied it
Feb 13th 2018
This is dope, my fav new show
Mar 19th 2018
RE: Anyone watching Counterpart (Starz)?
Mar 19th 2018

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5178 posts
Tue Feb-13-18 10:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I dig it. It's sci-fi with some political conspiracy tied it"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm digging the Alpha vs Prime Cold War that's going on. The differences between the two worlds are starting to show too. At first, I thought it was subtle but now with Howard Alpha in the Prime world, we're getting a better view at whatever happened when things split 30 years ago.

It's only been 4 eps, so I'm sure there is more to explore and the reveal in ep 3 was enough for me to keep going. It's already got a 2 season order so I'm in for at least that long.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Mon Mar-19-18 09:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "This is dope, my fav new show"
In response to Reply # 0

Halfway through my binge: I love the show

I get the critique of it being slow but I think the problem is that it’s falsely advertised: this is a straight long form espionage movie.

Like I am surprised they even put in the sci-fi setting since it doesn’t add much outside of the show runners/actors being able to play literal double agents agents, lol. Even though its set in ‘today’ the vibe is straight east vs west Germany circa 1980’s even down to how both spy agency offices still use old school computers/printers.

it’s well acted, so far well plotted, superbly filmed (the handful of action scenes are well blocked and choreographed better than what you see even in premium tv), and has kept me guessing thus far.

I kinda feel bad it’s on Stars, I feel like it would get more shine of it was on Showtime.

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5178 posts
Mon Mar-19-18 05:19 PM

3. "RE: Anyone watching Counterpart (Starz)?"
In response to Reply # 0

Not that the stakes haven't seemed mysteriously high, but the Alpha world and the sleepers are coming. I'm still mad at Targaryen boy, being a pussy and not outting the wife early on, but I get the reasons.

I'm still iffy on Alpha Howard, but Prime Howard is smarter than we think.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #727856 Previous topic | Next topic