Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #724851

Subject: "I Love Dick (Sarah Gubbins, Jill Soloway) - Amazon" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Thu Sep-14-17 06:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I Love Dick (Sarah Gubbins, Jill Soloway) - Amazon"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J77HXYM

There isn't a post for this show, but I swear that you all have brought this show up.

The premise is that a professor (Griffin Dunne) has signed up for a residency in Marfa, TX to work on his new book about the Holocaust. His wife (Katheryn Hanh) is a filmmaker who is en route to the Venice Film Festival but takes her husband to Marfa from NYC.

Early in the first episode, she learns that her film is rejected from Venice because of a music-rights issue and so she decided to then spend time with her husband in the one street-light town.

She and her husband are having marital problems but seem to get along well enough. She meets the artist who is the centerpiece of the art community (Kevin Bacon) that the professor is studying under and is filled with lust for him.

The show at that point is basically following her around as she obsesses about him and seeks to consummate their relationship. There are some other characters who are artists who have their moments as well.

The main selling point, besides the crazy plot of this show, is the filmmaking. The dialogue is really good, changing from charming to abrasive and combative on a dime and doing it while maintaining a strong sense of realism and groundedness.

It's only a 6 episode season but I wanted to see more of this show.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #724851 Previous topic | Next topic