Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719100

Subject: "Is it too late for my black Television Universe Movie?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 10:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is it too late for my black Television Universe Movie?"

So I've kicked around the idea of a movie that was loaded up with all the black TV characters from the glory age of black TV. Kind of like Whose the Man? but instead of rappers there would be characters like the Jeffersons, the Evans and characters from 227, What's Happening, Different Strokes, Sanford and Son, etc.

Anyway I kicked around the idea for years but then I messed around too long and folks started dying. When Sherman Hemsely died (the GOAT TV Comedic Actor), I figured it was too late. At least how I imagined the story.

Anyway, think it's too late? Could the story be shifted from the glory age of 70s and 80s black tv shows to 80s & 90s TV Shows?

If So what characters have to be in it?

I think the beauty of this project is that there are so many talented older out of work black actors it would be easy to land many of them for a project like this.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Every body hates Chris
Jan 23rd 2017

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Mon Jan-23-17 10:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Every body hates Chris"
In response to Reply # 0

On the low, Chris Rock cut a check for probably every notable black actor from the past

Props for that

As for 90s stars, yea I kinda feel most blew up to where it'd be hard to get them on a project

Martin, will, Jamie...

U could Prolly get Roc, urkel, & the turtle headed bamma from qirlfriends tho

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719100 Previous topic | Next topic