Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719068

Subject: "Sneaky Pete (Amazon )" Previous topic | Next topic
Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 01:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Sneaky Pete (Amazon )"

... anyone else watching? It's a really fun show that uses many older tropes but does a fantastic job laying it out on the screen..... Giovanni Ribissi, Bryan Cranston, Margo Martindale, and Marin Ireland ( I think that's right) are stars... Plus it's showrunner is Graham Yost

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's solid.
Jan 17th 2017
Loving it. All the Justified vibes. Just finished Ep 4
Jan 17th 2017
Pretty solid season all around.
Jan 22nd 2017

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 02:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's solid."
In response to Reply # 0

Kind of on par with Bosch. Not necessarily must see but good for what it is. Crazy that CBS originally picked this up; definitely doesn't feel like their brand.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 05:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Loving it. All the Justified vibes. Just finished Ep 4"
In response to Reply # 0

Ep 4 is *the* episode.

the most interesting thing about Sneaky Pete is seeing how they took a procedural CBS pilot, lost the cbs deal and had to convert it to a more "prestige tv" style show. It takes a minute or two to get away from the network tropes, but by Episode 4, it's a done deal.

I love everyone involved, and its such a fun, relatively easy watch with just enough drama to keep it from being too harmless.

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

Numba_33
Charter member
19325 posts
Sun Jan-22-17 08:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Pretty solid season all around."
In response to Reply # 0

The last episode was a bit abrupt with how everything got tied up, but it was top notch overall. Should be interesting to see if the second season differs from the first in terms of execution.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719068 Previous topic | Next topic