Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #718894

Subject: "Sherlock (Season 4)" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Wed Jan-11-17 12:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sherlock (Season 4)"

I've liked the first two eps so far but kind of wish they were just hour long episodes and focused more on individual cases. The bigger picture stuff doesn't play as well IMO and some of the twists are a little much.

Cumberbatch and Freeman are doing great work and I hope Amanda Abbington (Mary) finally gets a bump from this show. Maybe she wants to keep working in the UK but would love to see her get a shot at something bigger stateside.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
didnt know season 4 started, nice
Jan 11th 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed
Jan 12th 2017
I love the show but this season was bad
Jan 16th 2017
I thought episode 1 was weak.
Jan 16th 2017
Bummed if this is the end but maybe it should be. (Spoilerish)
Jan 17th 2017
yeah I hope we can get at least one stand alone movie.
Jan 17th 2017
The problem with this show
Jan 17th 2017
I actually like that...
Jan 17th 2017
      I don't mind if
Jan 17th 2017
           yeah I see what you mean.
Jan 18th 2017
Just terrible
Jan 17th 2017
Season 1 and 2 are strong.
Jan 17th 2017
i enjoyed that
Jan 19th 2017

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Wed Jan-11-17 10:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "didnt know season 4 started, nice"
In response to Reply # 0

i dig the show. these books are some of my favorite of all time, and they do well to translate it to modern day times.

the books character is so awesome tho, but Cumberbatch pull sit off really well.

-----------------------------------------

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Thu Jan-12-17 07:34 AM

2. "I thoroughly enjoyed"
In response to Reply # 0

seeing Sherlock strung out. Kinda meh on the big surprise, seems extra but I will at least admit it surprised me. I love the build up of these, but in general the resolutions feel lackluster.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Jimbo Jones
Member since Jul 22nd 2008
340 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 10:53 AM

3. "I love the show but this season was bad"
In response to Reply # 0

1st episode wasn't good at all
2nd episode was better
3rd episode was utterly ludicrous. Entertaining but still nonsense.

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 10:53 AM

4. "I thought episode 1 was weak."
In response to Reply # 0

Straying way too far into action movie territory.

Episode 2 was more of a return to form.

))<>((
forever.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 01:52 AM

5. "Bummed if this is the end but maybe it should be. (Spoilerish)"
In response to Reply # 0

The only reason I'd want to see a season 5 or standalone film is if they just went back to regular cases. The sister thing was pretty ridiculous and only got sillier when it devolved into a Saw movie. It was well made but still felt out there. And good lord, the CGI of them jumping out the window was embarrassing.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 08:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "yeah I hope we can get at least one stand alone movie."
In response to Reply # 5

The Christmas special was great.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

imcvspl
42239 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 06:49 AM

6. "The problem with this show"
In response to Reply # 0

It's impossible for the audience to solve shit. Well the last couple seasons at least. They string you along like oh yeah maybe you'll figure this out because we've got all these clues for you, but at the end it's some complete left field shit it would have been impossible for you to figure out.

Dramatic affect is high but the quality of the actual mysteries is utter bullshit.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 08:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I actually like that..."
In response to Reply # 6

because lately I find that in 95% of the shows and movies I watch I can guess even the most crazy twist before it happens. Which gets boring.

imcvspl
42239 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 09:31 AM

9. "I don't mind if"
In response to Reply # 7

You can go back and see where you missed it, but these are so deus ex.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 02:06 PM

12. "yeah I see what you mean."
In response to Reply # 9

nm

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 06:32 PM

10. "Just terrible"
In response to Reply # 0

Can't believe I wasted more than 4 hours watching this drivel. I assume Sherlock was good the first season or two, but that is hard to believe given the level of shitiness this season.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 06:59 PM

11. "Season 1 and 2 are strong."
In response to Reply # 10

I loved the 2nd episode of season 3 as well although people didn't love it, IIRC. I feel like the other two episodes were strong but things started really getting over the top at that point. (Although we start seeing hints of this at the end of Episode 1, season 2.)

This season was kind of like the Spectre of the Holmes series (although not as bad as that Bond flick.) But it was adding a new layer to explain something that was kind of explained before and then became kind of ridiculous.

----

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:36 AM

13. "i enjoyed that"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #718894 Previous topic | Next topic