Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #717471

Subject: "Marvel's The Inhumans on ABC" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8599 posts
Mon Nov-14-16 07:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marvel's The Inhumans on ABC"
Mon Nov-14-16 07:29 PM by bwood

Anyone else mad this isn't a Phase Four film?

http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marvels_the_inhumans_coming_to_imax_abc_in_2017?linkId=31155906

Marvel's The Inhumans
MoreI
MARVEL'S THE INHUMANS

'MARVEL'S THE INHUMANS' COMING TO IMAX & ABC IN 2017
Version of first 2 episodes of new ABC series to premiere exclusively in IMAX® theatres for two-week window!

IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

ABC, IMAX and Marvel Television also intend to work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series across their proprietary media platforms--which would be the first such cross-platform marketing launch of a television series. Today’s agreement also marks IMAX’s first time as a financing participant in a TV pilot and series.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

“This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic,” said IMAX CEO, Rich Gelfond. “It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”

“We're happy to see this unique deal come together, working with our partners,” said Dan Buckley, President, Marvel Television, Publishing & Brand. “In an ever-changing world of distribution and consumption, it’s very exciting to be part of a groundbreaking initiative that takes us to the forefront of this evolution.”

This deal also provides audiences with high-quality, compelling entertainment options during what have traditionally been lulls in the summer blockbuster season. These IMAX audiences also tend to have high engagement and positive response to comic book fare.

NEW AT MARVEL
Published Nov 14, 2016
Updated Nov 14, 2016

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Hmm
Nov 14th 2016
At least it's not a spin-off of Agents of SHIELD
Nov 14th 2016
It's starting to dawn on me that Marvel TV
Nov 14th 2016
The Netflix shows are popular.
Nov 14th 2016
Jeph Loeb turned into one of the worst comic book writers...
Nov 15th 2016
      Man, you want to talk about a writer being carried by his artits...
Nov 15th 2016
this is actually a spinoff of AoS
Nov 15th 2016
      Actually it's not
Nov 15th 2016
           maybe not a direct spinoff
Nov 15th 2016
                Multiple people have said it will have nothing to do with
Nov 16th 2016
i kept wondering what was going to happen with the movie
Nov 14th 2016
I never really saw it as a big draw anyway
Nov 15th 2016
ABC tho
Nov 15th 2016
it (kinda) is a movie though
Nov 15th 2016
LOL. Bad idea jeans.
Nov 15th 2016
Is it because Fox has Xmen?
Nov 15th 2016
yeah i was introduced to them with the Celestials, et al
Nov 16th 2016
The only Inhuman I'm legit interested in beside nostalgia is Ms Marvel
Nov 15th 2016
‘Iron Fist’ Showrunner Tapped For ‘Marvel’s The Inhumans’
Dec 06th 2016
Iwan Rheon aka Ramsey Bolton is tha star *swipe*
Feb 21st 2017
Between Scott Buck & this photo, my excitement for this
May 04th 2017
First Teaser – Marvel’s Inhumans
May 05th 2017
Scheduled for Fridays. Early RIP?
May 16th 2017
Looks like Scott Buck fucked up again
May 16th 2017
      SHIELD and Carter are probably why it's on Friday
May 16th 2017
First trailer
Jun 29th 2017
they managed to make serinda swan look awful. thats impressive.
Jun 29th 2017
HAHAHAHA!!!
Jun 29th 2017
lol, straight basura
Jun 29th 2017
Its sad Netflix knows their limitations more so then NBC
Jun 30th 2017
      It's amazing how low rent this looks
Jun 30th 2017
SN: Why do Marvel TV shows look so terrible?
Jun 30th 2017
Money
Jul 21st 2017
considerably smaller budgets
Jul 21st 2017
Marvel's "Inhumans" - Official SDCC 2017 Trailer
Jul 20th 2017
looks better
Jul 21st 2017
They...they tryin', I guess.
Jul 22nd 2017
First reactions are about what I expected.
Aug 04th 2017
I just don't get the logic
Aug 04th 2017
Two big red flags we're Scott Buck and ABC
Aug 04th 2017
Sounds like the Comic Con crowd wasn't too into this either
Aug 04th 2017
Seems like Jeph Loeb bammed up the TCA panel yesterday
Aug 07th 2017
An over glorified TV pilot. Why was this in IMAX?
Sep 01st 2017
this wasn't nearly as bad as everyone was trying to claim
Oct 01st 2017
It almost never is.
Oct 02nd 2017
Where you get cordless Oster clippers on the moon?
Oct 02nd 2017
RE: Where you get cordless Oster clippers on the moon?
Oct 03rd 2017
at the Sally's Beauty Supply.**
Nov 19th 2017
In layman's terms, what is the deal with this show?
Oct 11th 2017
IMAX admits that Inhumans was a mistake
Oct 29th 2017
they would've made so much more letting Dunkirk run another week.
Oct 30th 2017
Yup.
Oct 30th 2017
There were some real cool shots of Hawaii.
Oct 31st 2017
So I'm the only one enjoying the show?
Oct 30th 2017
it definitely has potential
Oct 30th 2017
RE: So I'm the only one enjoying the show?
Oct 31st 2017
I dig Karnak but I'm enjoying it as the bad show that it clearly is
Oct 31st 2017
this shit so trash. i hate just about every character on here.
Nov 03rd 2017
Months later and it's finally put a to pasture.
May 12th 2018
i wonder if the MCU will act like it never happened?
May 12th 2018
      RE: i wonder if the MCU will act like it never happened?
May 12th 2018
      In six or ten years, this will get another shot.
May 13th 2018
           This was a bad idea from the get
May 13th 2018

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Mon Nov-14-16 07:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Hmm"
In response to Reply # 0

What a waste.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon Nov-14-16 08:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "At least it's not a spin-off of Agents of SHIELD"
In response to Reply # 0

Wise move to let that one alone and start fresh. And yes, I know that it supposedly got better but people weren't tuning in; better to start from square one and see if you can draw people to a new show.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

bwood
8599 posts
Mon Nov-14-16 08:09 PM

3. "It's starting to dawn on me that Marvel TV"
In response to Reply # 2

Is just not up to snuff

When Jeph Loeb was appointed to be the head Marvel Television, I remember my boy laughing and saying how that was a bad idea. Years later I'm starting to realize he was right.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Mon Nov-14-16 09:12 PM

5. "The Netflix shows are popular."
In response to Reply # 3

I don't like them that much but they seem to be doing well overall. I don't think Marvel's too upset about how they've turned out.

Agents of SHIELD was a misfire at the start with the weird Coulson mystery, two leads that didn't seem all that important or interesting, and they were basically treading water until Winter Soldier blew up SHIELD. It just lacked focus at the start and lost a lot of people (including myself.)

Agent Carter was well-liked but didn't get the ratings. I thought it was OK.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 10:48 AM

7. "Jeph Loeb turned into one of the worst comic book writers..."
In response to Reply # 3

He single handedly ruined the Ultimate Universe (try reading The Ultimates 3 and/or Ultimatum).

Agents of SHIELD is OK now, but it hasn't ever lived up to the interesting premise that is could or should.

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44688 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 02:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Man, you want to talk about a writer being carried by his artits..."
In response to Reply # 7

Loeb is on the top of that list. I loved all the stuff he did with Tim Sale, but I should re-read to see how sharp the actual writing was.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 02:50 PM

11. "this is actually a spinoff of AoS"
In response to Reply # 2

Inhumans have been prominent on AoS for the last couple seasons. they actually got fairly deep into the whole mythology of the Inhumans and the Kree. the only thing they haven't shown yet is the Royal family.

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 03:10 PM

14. "Actually it's not"
In response to Reply # 11

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/inhumans/the-inhumans-episode-count-and-setting-revealed-will-not-serve-as-an-a146803

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 08:31 PM

16. "maybe not a direct spinoff"
In response to Reply # 14

i wasn't expecting to see Quake on the moon or anything, but indirectly it is a spinoff. i get what they are saying though.

bwood
8599 posts
Wed Nov-16-16 01:24 PM

17. "Multiple people have said it will have nothing to do with "
In response to Reply # 16

Agents of SHIELD. So it's not a spinoff in any way.

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Mon Nov-14-16 08:21 PM

4. "i kept wondering what was going to happen with the movie"
In response to Reply # 0

the way they wall off the show(s), all of the setup with the inhumans was probably going to be discarded for the movie, so a show is more logical at this point. not sure how it's not a spinoff?

i'm not really big on the inhumans so far, but i'm fully committed to watching all of the MCU movies so i would have seen it regardless. anything else they backtrack on making a movie? this surprises me a little

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 01:31 PM

8. "I never really saw it as a big draw anyway"
In response to Reply # 4

X-Men was way more interesting. I actually copped the Inhumans animated joint and was destroyed by the snooze-fest that film was. I like the characters and all that but sitting through a whole movie of non-speaking Black Bolt and minimal action (because their arcs are more about social change than action imo... and the animated film highlighted that).

Just my thoughts.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 03:00 AM

6. "ABC tho"
In response to Reply # 0

hrmph

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 02:36 PM

9. "it (kinda) is a movie though"
In response to Reply # 0

it's basically a movie that leads right into a series. assuming it's an hour long show it'll be a 2 hour showing in theaters and then continued on TV shortly afterwards. so you get a little of both. probably a good way to introduce this as a series. they still get to show it in theaters like they originally wanted, but then continue it in series which it's probably better suited for. sounds interesting.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 02:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "LOL. Bad idea jeans."
In response to Reply # 0

While I don't mind the Inhumans...I never understood the big push for them because

1)Them niggas is weird
2)Them niggas is basically space gods

While its nice they are gonna throw a presumably considerable amount of cash at the property...I dont think they have the budget to keep the vision of the comics on the screen considering they live in a palace on the moon with a magical Tank sized dog. Along with such wonkly literal far out storylines.

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 03:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Is it because Fox has Xmen?"
In response to Reply # 12

So they're pushing them because Marvel and Disney can use Inhumans? They're really trying to push the shit out of them in the comics also. I just can't get down with em.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Wed Nov-16-16 04:59 PM

18. "yeah i was introduced to them with the Celestials, et al"
In response to Reply # 12

i thought we were saving that high level shit for later

kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 03:50 PM

15. "The only Inhuman I'm legit interested in beside nostalgia is Ms Marvel "
In response to Reply # 0

like a dude named Blackagar Boltagon is cool in a campy way but I don't know. I guess Maximus the Mad is cool. Medusa is mostly nostalgia but I can't even remember Crystal's powers. Lockjaw is obviously very likable.

I'm not mad at Marvel taking advantage of all these properties and characters at all. I really would have never imagined an Marvel's Inhumans movie or show when I was a kid obsessed with Marvel so it's cool

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Dec-06-16 03:26 PM

19. "‘Iron Fist’ Showrunner Tapped For ‘Marvel’s The Inhumans’"
In response to Reply # 0

Man I hope Iron Fist is good cause like I said, those last 3 seasons of Dexter were garbage.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-inhumans-sets-dexter-grad-as-showrunner-947311

December 06, 2016 12:00pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
Marvel's 'Inhumans' Sets 'Dexter' Grad as Showrunner (Exclusive)
Scott Buck, who is currently overseeing Netflix's Marvel show 'Iron Fist,' will do the same with the forthcoming ABC drama.

Scott Buck, who is currently overseeing Netflix's Marvel show 'Iron Fist,' will do the same with the forthcoming ABC drama.

ABC and Marvel are turning to a familiar face to oversee The Inhumans.

Dexter grad Scott Buck has been tapped to serve as showrunner on ABC's straight-to-series Marvel and Imax drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since then, they have become among the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe. ABC's The Inhumans will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

Buck will serve as showrunner on the drama series, with the first two episodes set to exclusively unspool in Imax theaters over a two-week period starting Labor Day Weekend 2017 before the drama debuts on ABC in September in a groundbreaking, first-of-its-kind collaboration that helps cut through the crowded fall landscape.

The Inhumans deal extends Marvel's relationship with Buck, who is currently serving as showrunner on the comic book powerhouse's Netflix drama Iron Fist. Iron Fist is Marvel and Netflix's fourth series, with the fifth — mini The Defenders — set to feature stars from the former as well as Daredevil,Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Iron Fist marks Buck's first post-Dexter gig. Buck served as showrunner for the final three seasons of Showtime's Michael C. Hall serial killer with a code drama after taking over for Clyde Phillips. Buck's credits include Six Feet Under, Rome and Coach. He's repped by CAA.

Picked up straight to series Nov. 14, The Inhumans is ABC's latest Marvel collaboration. The live-action TV series is not taking the place of the planned feature film and is not a spinoff of ABC's Marvel drama Agents of SHIELD. This becomes ABC's third Marvel series, following SHIELD and the late and great Agent Carter. Inhumans is produced by Marvel, ABC Studios and Imax, with all episodes set to be filmed with Imax cameras.

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Feb-21-17 02:42 PM

20. "Iwan Rheon aka Ramsey Bolton is tha star *swipe*"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-iwan-rheon-marvels-inhumans-978006

'Game of Thrones' Grad Iwan Rheon to Star in Marvel's ABC Drama 'Inhumans'

He'll topline the drama that will bow its first two hours in 1,000 Imax theaters over Labor Day before bowing later on ABC with extended episodes.

Marvel's Inhumans has found its leading man.

Game of Thrones grad Iwan Rheon has been tapped to star in the straight-to-series drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

'The Inhumans'
Read More
Why ABC's Deal to Bring Marvel's 'The Inhumans' to Imax Is a "Quadruple Win"

Inhumans will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family. In the eight-episode straight-to-series drama, Maximus is a clever and charming Inhuman that is fiercely devoted to the people of Attilan, especially his brother, the King — though he harbors an intense desire to wear the crown himself. Rheon will star as Maximus.

The drama is being written and exec produced by Dexter alum Scott Buck, who serves as showrunner. Feature director Roel Reine will helm the first two hours of the series, which in a ground-breaking deal, will bow in 1,000 Imax theaters over Labor Day weekend for a two-week run before extended episodes air on ABC as part of the network's official fall season launch. Marvel's Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory also exec produce the drama, which hails from Marvel Television and ABC Studios.

"Iwan's ability to be charming, roguish and still completely unexpectedly dangerous were all the different sides we needed to bring the character to life. We’re thrilled to have him on board," Marvel TV head Loeb said.

Added Buck: "Maximus is a complex character. Likable, charming, tragic and villainous all in the same moment, and I’m very excited to have someone of Iwan’s considerable talent."
For Rheon, theInhumans marks his follow-up to HBO's Game of Thrones where he starred as the demented Ramsay Bolton. His credits also include Vicious and Misfits. He's repped by UTA, Curtis Brown, Principal Entertainment LA and Peikoff Mahan.

Inhumans which follows a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe.

bwood
8599 posts
Thu May-04-17 12:32 PM

21. "Between Scott Buck & this photo, my excitement for this"
In response to Reply # 0

is minimal.

http://www.avclub.com/article/first-image-marvels-inhumans-tv-show-doesnt-inspir-254779

Yikes.

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Fri May-05-17 12:53 PM

22. "First Teaser – Marvel’s Inhumans"
In response to Reply # 0

First Teaser – Marvel’s Inhumans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP9lmvrFqWM

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23862 posts
Tue May-16-17 02:31 PM

23. "Scheduled for Fridays. Early RIP?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

bwood
8599 posts
Tue May-16-17 02:55 PM

24. "Looks like Scott Buck fucked up again"
In response to Reply # 23

Man, even AoS and Agent Carter had primetime slots. They can't even be bothered by this one SMH.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Tue May-16-17 03:05 PM

25. "SHIELD and Carter are probably why it's on Friday"
In response to Reply # 24
Tue May-16-17 03:06 PM by SoulHonky

Marvel/ABC didn't do much during the week so why not give Friday a shot? I've always felt like Friday is the best place for genre stuff. Lower the expectations. Not a ton of competition. The shows often do better on DVR delay ratings anyway so why not play to it.

If those two films, with heavy placement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe can't make it, I doubt a film that most non-Marvel fans don't know is a good bet for making noise during the more popular days.

----

bwood
8599 posts
Thu Jun-29-17 08:41 AM

26. "First trailer"
In response to Reply # 0

This looks pretty bad.

https://youtu.be/1sYF1SXcWqQ

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Thu Jun-29-17 09:07 AM

27. "they managed to make serinda swan look awful. thats impressive."
In response to Reply # 26

<--- Big Baller World Order

bwood
8599 posts
Thu Jun-29-17 09:13 AM

28. "HAHAHAHA!!!"
In response to Reply # 27

I'm dying.

This looks like an 80s TV movie b.

Most shows nowadays look much better than this shit.

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Thu Jun-29-17 07:56 PM

29. "lol, straight basura"

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Jun-30-17 07:52 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "Its sad Netflix knows their limitations more so then NBC"

Netflix has the means but even their Marvel deal is focused on 'street level' comic characters so they can focus on simpler grounded stories with a super hero edge. They got flaws, but overall

For ABC to think they can pull off an intergalactic Game Of Thrones on a network tv budget, lol. And ultimately they are telling a story nobody wants; Inhumans ain't popping in these geek streets.

Its as if Marvel's tv network people are stuck in the 90's comic book movie generation(batman with costume nipples!) when Luke Cage/Legion/ CW's DC stuff are more in line with the revolution happening in the movie world.

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Jun-30-17 09:12 AM

32. "It's amazing how low rent this looks"
In response to Reply # 31

Even Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter have better production value than this shit.

And Iwan Rheon who is great in everything looks like he's overacting by 100.

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Fri Jun-30-17 12:56 AM

30. "SN: Why do Marvel TV shows look so terrible?"
In response to Reply # 0

They have no actual look other than generic.

The Netflix shows have their moments but MCU TV shows as a whole don't try to do a lot with their visuals when compared to what's out there.
---------------------------------------

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 12:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
34. "Money "
In response to Reply # 30

It cost a lot to make superheroes look super.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 10:41 AM

35. "considerably smaller budgets"
In response to Reply # 30

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 10:15 PM

33. "Marvel's "Inhumans" - Official SDCC 2017 Trailer"
In response to Reply # 0

Marvel's "Inhumans" - Official SDCC 2017 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU9Z6cKsbY0

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 02:40 PM

36. "looks better"
In response to Reply # 33

JFrost1117
23862 posts
Sat Jul-22-17 12:46 AM

37. "They...they tryin', I guess."
In response to Reply # 33

Maybe stop releasing trailers with no FX loaded, like the ones before. This looks better, but not great.

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Aug-04-17 06:15 AM

38. "First reactions are about what I expected. "
In response to Reply # 0

I have two passes that are good for IMAX films. I'm going to use one for this shitshow.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/04/marvel-inhumans-first-reaction/

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Aug-04-17 07:49 AM

39. "I just don't get the logic"
In response to Reply # 38

It took em a long time to right the ship that is Agent's of Shield, and by that time most people checked out (including me). And that was relatively grounded in reality

What made them think that a space epic at the level of Guardians of the Galaxy could work on network tv with that budget.

What made them think they had the talent to make characters that are pretty bland as a whole and make them interesting? Regular dudes who find themselves with superpowers (Agents of Shield/Netflix shows) is a trope we are used to now and doesn't require that much of a suspension of belief. Space gods living on the moon though...ya work is cut out for you.

Imma check out the movie just to see how bad it is

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Aug-04-17 08:09 AM

40. "Two big red flags we're Scott Buck and ABC"
In response to Reply # 39

And surprise surprise that seems to be the two main problems. Now all that combined with what seems to be a disinterested cast with a Friday night death slot and well...

It's a shame too cause I jumped ship from SHIELD too, but from what I've been told SHIELD is still not a functioning agency so yeah.

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Aug-04-17 08:54 AM

41. "Sounds like the Comic Con crowd wasn't too into this either"

Thread: https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/888233170486706177

bwood
8599 posts
Mon Aug-07-17 01:27 PM

42. "Seems like Jeph Loeb bammed up the TCA panel yesterday"

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/07/marvel-inhumans-cast-photo-tca-panel

by Megan Peters | August 6, 2017

To say fans are weary of Marvel’s Inhumans is to put things lightly. Over the last month, social media has lit up with fans and critics who are concerned about the ABC project. The 8-episode miniseries is set to debut later this month but good will towards Inhumans is fading.

Just go check out Twitter; If you check the TCA 2017 hashtag, fans will find some concerning posts.

Earlier today, ABC held its press event with the Television Critics Association. Marvel TV brought out the crew for Inhumans, but the panel did not go well according to a slew of journalists. The press attending the panel say the event went over as well as the first Inhumans trailer did - and social media is buzzing over the comparison.

As you can see in the slides below, journalists left the panel with more infinitely more questions than answers. The event, which was actually cut short, is being described as an awkward one overlaid with thinly veiled bewilderment. However, when it came to the event’s Q&A, Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb did stress Inhumans was not yet complete.

“I can tell you that it was written on the material that you were given that the show that you have seen is not the finished product,” Loeb told one reporter who asked if the show turned out as hoped. “If you’re asking me whether or not it was done, it’s not. So to be perfectly honest, I don’t understand your question.”

Showrunner Scott Buck also chimed in when asked about the show’s quality by referencing a meme. The producer said he was starting to feel like Ben Affleck after all the questioning, nodding to the Sad Affleck meme that went viral after the actor was asked about the poor reception of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

So, what do you think about the increasingly infamous Inhumans panel at TCA 2017? Hit us up on Twitter @ComicBook to let us know.
Slide 1/6
midwestspitfire

While sites have since taken down their initial impressions of Marvel's Inhumans, the show's pilot received little love last week. The series sent out pilot screeners which were quickly criticized, so this comparison isn't too flattering.

Slide 2/6
TheFienPrint

There are still a lot of questions surrounding the IMAX release of Marvel's Inhumans. The theatrical debut will only contain 10 additional minutes of footage, but at what cost? Movie ticket costs are difficult to swing for movies, so a price point would be nice.

Slide 3/6
ErikMAdams

It's never a good thing when a press tour can be summed up by a GIF of Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development - right?

Slide 4/6
BastardMachine

To be fair, Marvel TV does have a good track record. The studio's Netflix titles have done well despite a small critical misfire with Iron Fist, and Agents of SHIELD is entering its fifth season. Still, some details about Marvel's Inhumans would be nice.

Slide 5/6
BiancoRobert

Agents of SHIELD is on a rebound of sorts thanks to its well-received 'Agents of Hydra' arc last season. Agent Carter was also a fan-favorite series despite its small fanbase, so only time will tell how Marvel's Inhumans affects those shows' legacies.

Slide 6/6
More Inhumans News:

In Marvel’s Inhumans, after the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. Marvel’s The Inhumans will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.
inhumans

Marvel’s Inhumans stars Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Serinda Swan as Medusa, Iwan Rheon as Maximus, Ken Leung as Karnak, Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish as Crystal, Mike Moh as Triton, Sonya Balmores as Auran, and Ellen Woglom.

The first two episodes of Marvel’s Inhumans will premiere in IMAX theaters on Friday, Sept. 1. The full eight-episode series will air on ABC on Fridays as part of the network's fall television lineup.
Marvel's The InhumansSunday at on ABC
COMICBOOK ANTICIPATEDN/ANAAll-Time Comic TV Shows
Full Profile
Comicbook.com

(H/T CBR)

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 06:00 PM

43. "An over glorified TV pilot. Why was this in IMAX?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Sep-01-17 06:03 PM by bwood

Let's forget they put a SyFy level TV pilot in theatres.

Let's forget the bad production designs, cosplay level costumes, bad cover songs, a weird choice of using ELO's "Don't Bring Me Down", overlit photography, and wooden acting.

Let's forget that doesn't even remotely drum up the interest in watching the rest of the show as the drama lacks punch and the dialogue is corny as fuck. Not mention this all done better on Game of Thrones, which looked much better than this when it had no money in its first two seasons. Not to mention I'm still not sure what Crystal's and Karnak's powers are.

Why was this shot in IMAX? This doesn't have the scope or scale to show off what the IMAX format can do. Nothing about this is epic as most of this is shot on soundstages (cheap ones at that) with first pass CG that needs two more passes.

I kept thinking to myself that if they had shot this in IMAX 70MM instead of IMAX digital this would be more embarrassing than it already is. I'm collecting a check seeing this. I felt bad for the other nine people in the theater at the first showtime last night who paid for this shitshow.

It's clear after watching this pilot that Marvel really wants the X-Men and are substituting them with Inhumans. This is my first real introduction to them outside of the recent Civil War II comics and honestly my biggest take away is why should anyone give a shit about these knock off X-Men?

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Sun Oct-01-17 04:32 PM

44. "this wasn't nearly as bad as everyone was trying to claim"
In response to Reply # 0

seems like there were a lot of overreactions to a pilot episode of a TV show. i'm not surprised though. that's why i don't give much credit to critics in general. it's absolutely not the "worst thing ever made".

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Mon Oct-02-17 08:26 AM

45. "It almost never is."
In response to Reply # 44

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

JFrost1117
23862 posts
Mon Oct-02-17 11:28 PM

46. "Where you get cordless Oster clippers on the moon?"
In response to Reply # 0

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Oct-03-17 06:14 AM

47. "RE: Where you get cordless Oster clippers on the moon?"
In response to Reply # 46

Yo! I'm dying.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Nov-19-17 06:16 PM

58. "at the Sally's Beauty Supply.**"
In response to Reply # 46

** i was gonna change the name to something otherworldly, but these mfers speak english and know all about regular earth / american shit, so I imagine they got a space sally's in an Atlan strip mall, right next to a papa john's, where you can order shitty space pizza.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

JFrost1117
23862 posts
Wed Oct-11-17 12:20 AM

48. "In layman's terms, what is the deal with this show?"
In response to Reply # 0

I normally take shit at face value/keep it simple with my entertainment (is good/bad, liked it/didn't like it). But, this shit is ROUGH. Are these new actors (excluding Iwan/Ramsey B)? Is it attributed to bad writing?

bwood
8599 posts
Sun Oct-29-17 02:22 PM

49. "IMAX admits that Inhumans was a mistake"
In response to Reply # 0

IMAX lost $11 million on this shit.

https://deadline.com/2017/10/imax-marvel-inhumans-experiment-1202196112/

Imax Concedes ‘Marvel Inhumans’ Experiment Let Down Moviegoers
by Dade Hayes
October 27, 2017 8:42am

The saga of the screen adaptation of Marvel’s Inhumans has finally gotten a public assessment, with Imax CEO Rich Gelfond blaming its disappointing reception, at least in theaters, on a “misalignment of customer expectations.”

Corporate-speak translation: movie ticket buyers realized they had paid top dollar for a TV show.

Initially planned as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at Disney, the film project then became a TV series at ABC, in the vein of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Imax signed on to co-produce and struck a deal to premiere the first two episodes in its large-format theatres for a two-week engagement before it would air on ABC this fall. Box-office receipts of $3.5 million disappointed all involved, and the show drew negative reviews from critics.

Imax signed a deal to co-produce the series and exclusively premiere the first two episodes for two weeks in theater worldwide. The box office reception — $3.5 million—was below Imax’s expectations. With negative buzz already in the air, producers asked during TCA summer press tour about the unusual move to play it in theaters said critics should not judge it based on the version that existed at that time, which they called “not finished.”

Another experiment like Inhumans is not likely for Imax, based on Gelfond’s post-mortem. “Going forward, we intend to take a more conservative approach consistent with the Game of Thrones approach to capital investments and content,” Gelfond said on the call. “We will be more conservative when considering whether to invest our own capital; and if so, to what extent.”

Despite the blemish, Imax reported strong third-quarter results yesterday that exceeded Wall Street estimates. The exhibitor has seen its beleaguered stock spring back to life, with double-digit gains Thursday and another 6% boost today. At mid-session, it was trading at $24.85.

Gelfond addressed the Inhumans problems head-on, while Marvel and ABC execs have avoided it thus far. At last week’s NAB Show New York, Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb and co-head Jim Chory received a production award and sat for a keynote interview about their careers. Approached afterward by Deadline with a question about Inhumans, they walked away without commenting.

“Customers expected a production akin to a mega-budget blockbuster movie, rather than pilots for a television show,” Gelfond said. “Moreover, the fact that this was Marvel IP set the bar at a level you wouldn’t see from other pieces of content or IP because of the reputation and the high production value of Marvel movies.”

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Mon Oct-30-17 12:12 AM

50. "they would've made so much more letting Dunkirk run another week."
In response to Reply # 49

bwood
8599 posts
Mon Oct-30-17 07:40 AM

51. "Yup."
In response to Reply # 50

Should've let it have one more week then transition to It: Chapter One.

JFrost1117
23862 posts
Tue Oct-31-17 05:37 PM

56. "There were some real cool shots of Hawaii."
In response to Reply # 49

Not servicing of the story or the show as a whole, other than to make you say "Gotdamn, Hawaii is beautiful." Other than that, the IMAX was useless.

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Oct-30-17 04:36 PM

52. "So I'm the only one enjoying the show?"
In response to Reply # 0

It's completely ridiculous, but I wanna see where it goes.... Anson Mount's Black Bolt and Karnak refiguring his place in the world are the most interesting parts to me.....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Mon Oct-30-17 10:18 PM

53. "it definitely has potential"
In response to Reply # 52

they clearly rushed it out and it shows. they do have something here and they could have built on it which is a shame because they probably won't get the chance. the idea of them trying to find Inhumans from Earth to help them fight Maximus and his followers would have been a much better story than them getting separated and joining up with so many human characters that no one cares about.

Wise 7
Member since Nov 27th 2006
237 posts
Tue Oct-31-17 08:47 AM

54. "RE: So I'm the only one enjoying the show?"
Tue Oct-31-17 08:56 AM by Wise 7

I enjoy the show...I actually think that it got off to a better start than both "Agents Of Shield" and "Iron Fist" did
(if we just single out the first two episodes of each show). The thing is, it was doomed from the start for the following reasons:

1. Inhumans was initially announced as a MCU Phase 3 film...so, when it got "demoted" to TV status, it was guaranteed to receive
"it looks so cheap" and "it should be a film" criticism.
2. The IMAX screening was unnecessary...especially if the product doesn't look or "feel" like a movie.
3. The first "Inhumans" poster and trailer sucked (even the director said so).
4. Thus, critics hated it and further influenced the general public to stay away from it and not even try to give it a chance.

If this exact same Inhumans series was presented and promoted as a Netflix series from the gate, people's perception
of it would be drastically different. Folks would be impressed with the CGI (especially Lockjaw...seriously, compare
this with the CGI of "The Gifted". More people would have given the overall story a chance on Netflix, seeing as how they could
just binge watch the 8 episodes. Sure, the overall story has some flaws, BUT so do some of the other superhero TV shows.

All of that being said...it'll probably get cancelled with no reboot in the immediate future. Ironically,
many of the people who complained about the show not being like the comic never even read an
Inhuman comic book, LOL.

www.facebook.com/DivineExistence1
www.instagram.com/divine_existence
www.youtube.com/@DivineExistence/videos

kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Tue Oct-31-17 12:28 PM

55. "I dig Karnak but I'm enjoying it as the bad show that it clearly is "

but let's be real, it's bad. I don't know what the point is in producing & releasing a bad product but that's what they did. This was their chance to make Inhumans cool, likable and popular but it's hard to watch this show and imagine that they actually made this with the hope that it would be well received. It seems like they made it just to make it, which seems stupid.

I'm a lifelong true believer and the Guardians of the Galaxy were obscure to me yet Marvel took those characters and turned them into one of their biggest franchises. You would think Marvel would want to do the same thing with Inhumans but they made this shitty show instead. I'm enjoying it because these are kooky Jack Kirby/Stan Lee characters but the show is very short on charm.

Visually, the show is boring. Karnak in the hoodie is the only character that looks cool. Why doesn't Black Bolt have his cool costume and mask from the comics? I don't know. Just like Iron Fist, they took a character from a visual medium with a flashy colorful costume and put his TV adapted character in a dress shirt... why?

Lockjaw looks good but the rest of the show is bland. The color grading is boring, it lacks an interesting or mood setting tone.. it's just grey/normal. Daredevil, Jessica Jones & Luke Cage all have a cool noir feeling but, to me, Agents of Shield, Iron Fist & now Inhumans just look flat.

The storytelling & dialogue is basic. You can finish characters sentences before they do or know exactly what the next character is going to say in reply... not exactly riveting television

There really isn't a lot to like here. I binge watched the first 3 or 4 episodes one late night and was just enjoying how oddball these characters are but in an age of really amazing TV, I'm not going to sit here and pretend this is a good show.

Great shows like "Stranger Things" are available. If I had to choose between Inhumans and American Horror Story: Cult? It's not a contest. This is no "Better Call Saul", feel me? I still watch "the Wire", ok?

So I'm not going to sit here and act like The Inhumans is a good show or even giving me something relatively new like Jessica Jones & Luke Cage did. It doesn't matter if I can't remember the last time I've read an Inhumans comic, I still feel they deserved better than this show. I still feel like the could have been really cool, popular and honestly could have come to rival/replace the X-Men in some well received fashion but Marvel seem like they didn't even really want to try to do that for some reason. They just made a bad show with these weird characters for no real reason. Karnak is pretty cool though.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-03-17 09:40 PM

57. "this shit so trash. i hate just about every character on here. "
In response to Reply # 0

the gifted >>>>>>>>> inhumans.

i wanted to like this show.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

bwood
8599 posts
Sat May-12-18 01:43 PM

59. "Months later and it's finally put a to pasture."
In response to Reply # 0

Cancelled last night.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Sat May-12-18 07:23 PM

60. "i wonder if the MCU will act like it never happened?"
In response to Reply # 59

they kept it just connected enough to AoS without totally going into detail (they mentioned the Inhuman outbreak) but disconnected enough that they could bail on it if it didn't work out. no idea why they though rushing this out was a good idea.

JFrost1117
23862 posts
Sat May-12-18 07:55 PM

61. "RE: i wonder if the MCU will act like it never happened?"
In response to Reply # 60

I think Black Bolt would’ve been more acceptable if they had established him with some level of telepathy to communicate with. A grown man with moon-English sign language and someone to translate everything is stupid.

bwood
8599 posts
Sun May-13-18 04:23 AM

62. "In six or ten years, this will get another shot."
In response to Reply # 60

Ike Perlmutter and Jeph Loeb wanted to make INHUMANS blow up faster than it should have. X-MEN these niggas aren't.

Working on an accelerated schedule with a shit showrunner and a shitty direct to video director for the first two episodes was always a recipe for disaster.

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Sun May-13-18 12:43 PM

63. "This was a bad idea from the get"
In response to Reply # 62

They might have been better off as using the Inhumans as one off characters is their next phase. As much as I love The Inhumans, they aren't a great property to focus on for the general public

Plus this shit looked like something that came out of the 90's, I was waiting for David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury to make an appearance.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #717471 Previous topic | Next topic