Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715099

Subject: "I Am Not A Serial Killer (2016, Billy O'Brien) " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Mon Aug-22-16 04:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I Am Not A Serial Killer (2016, Billy O'Brien) "

Big fan of the books. Well at least the first two, I haven’t kept up with the rest. There are five books now. The book is about a teenage sociopath driven to murder but he actively suppresses this urge until another serial killer emerges. It might seem like Dexter: The Early Years on the surface but that isn’t the case.

The book has a thin layer of levity and the main character is actually likable and oddly sympathetic. There’s a supernatural turn in the book that didn’t sit right with me at first but overall it worked.

Anyhow my wife and I are both geeked for this one. It comes out this weekend and we’ll definitely be there. I don ‘t know how much of your movie dollars are allocated toward indy films but this is getting a limited theatrical and VOD release this weekend and I'm all in.

Hopefully someone else here watches because I'd love to discuss it.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715099 Previous topic | Next topic